This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
    They scratch out a 3-2 win. On to the 2nd half of the season.
    Full box score for the curious:

https://www.usahockeyntdp.com/game/game_sheet/25999645

Some interesting things:

Sean Dhooghe with a game misconduct for abuse of officials.

All three goalies played at least 10 minutes. Lebedeff gives up two goals, Berry and Blomquist keep clean sheets. Of course, until we see what awful things the defense did on those goals, I’m not ragging on DL.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Full box score for the curious:

https://www.usahockeyntdp.com/game/game_sheet/25999645

Some interesting things:

Sean Dhooghe with a game misconduct for abuse of officials.

All three goalies played at least 10 minutes. Lebedeff gives up two goals, Berry and Blomquist keep clean sheets. Of course, until we see what awful things the defense did on those goals, I’m not ragging on DL.
      I listened to game and both on Lebby were over his glove snipes, which seems to be where he gets beat often.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Seems as though the FB team took on the personality of the Men's hockey team today, that SUCKED!
        The UW is simply WAY too liberal.

They've got to cut down on the give-aways. BA DUM, TSSSSSS.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

Well played. Hopefully we can start stringing some W’s together.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

I don’t know, man, the talent on offense isn’t exactly trickling down to the lowly serfs on the defense

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Interesting tweet from Todd M. yesterday:

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Game week! I have no idea what to expect for the 2nd half. I have to be optimistic that they will figure things out. Tough task with Ohio St coming in this weekend.

Predictions?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  Game week! I have no idea what to expect for the 2nd half. I have to be optimistic that they will figure things out. Tough task with Ohio St coming in this weekend.

Predictions?
                  I just hopped aboard to wonder the exact things.

*Do we wipe the slate clean and start over?
                  I was cautiously optimistic all summer and didn't expect this. I will remain cautiously optimistic, but let's start anew for 2020.

*Will Granato & friends change their approach to this team?
                  The coaches HAVE to do something different because it "ain't workin'".

*Will anybody (Turcotte) "bail-out" for the OHL or AHL?
                  How can you blame anybody if they do?

I'm really sick of *****ing about this program and I'm ready for somebody to step up and get this program heading in the right direction, whether it's Granato, the Emperor, or the players themselves.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I have no idea what to expect for the 2nd half.
                    I really struggled thinking about how to answer this question. I have decided my answer is: I don't see any reason to expect any major upswing in the play of the team. I sure hope I am wrong.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Predictions?
                      .500 the rest of the way. I think the vaunted freshman are too immature and selfish and they don’t have A. Burish to kick their asses into gear.

Also, Miller and Kalynuk have not improved year over year.

Sauer’s players improved year over year pretty consistently. Granato played for Sauer so I don’t understand the disconnect.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

interest apparently near zero...... moving up from second page.

Comment

Predictions?
                          Badgers sweep.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Badgers sweep.
                            I like your optimism Tim!

I think this weekend is really really important for the direction of the team in the second half. I think you should have a PO'd Caufield and Turcotte with their limited minutes in the world junior games and hopefully some urgency.

We will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Badgers sweep.
                              Yeah, but what about the men’s team?

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                Yeah, but what about the men’s team?
                                Oof.

Comment

Working...
                                X