X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: North Dakota is Still the Worst

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Roosevelt: 'I don’t go so far as to think that the only good Indians are the dead Indians, but I believe nine out of every 10 are'.

Just saying, be consistent. If you are going to eliminate a name or monument for one, because s/he is racist, eliminate them all. Don't be a hypocrite.
    Without TR, the country would be entirely owned by about a dozen corporations today (*insert snarky comment from Kep here that it can't be much more than 13* )

Without TR, there is no national park system.

Without TR, we'd be eating ground rat turds labeled as beef.

Without Calhoun, what positives does America miss out on?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Without TR, the country would be entirely owned by about a dozen corporations today (*insert snarky comment from Kep here that it can't be much more than 13* )

Without TR, there is no national park system.

Without TR, we'd be eating ground rat turds labeled as beef.

Without Calhoun, what positives does America miss out on?
      They were both racists. That's the bottom line. That's what the "cause" is, with the Calhoun (and other) folk. They are racist, therefore, no place in this new history. Erase them. So, come one/come all, IMO. Otherwise leave it alone.

Edit: you're never "sorta" pregnant.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

OK fine, you don't get it. Stand there and be wrong in your wrongness.

Comment

TR is just not the same thing. There are better examples I'm sure. Ramsey would be a good one...

Why can't it just have both names? Does it really matter this much?
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

OK fine, you don't get it. Stand there and be wrong in your wrongness.
            Hey, you know, Hitler sorta united the country. He may be racist but he got people united! (Yes, I know of Godwin's Law, ignoring it to make a point).

If one's point is to say eliminate the racist individuals, you cannot pick and choose. If the person is a racist, they are gone. If they aren't, they're good. Doesn't matter redemption. If you are using a base factor in these decisions, use them across the board.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Hitler also murdered 6+ million people, so that's just about the worst analogy you could've drawn.

Comment

Hitler also murdered 6+ million people, so that's just about the worst analogy you could've drawn.
                I have said that, and Stalin was worse.

I disagree with "Well, this guy was just racist, so eliminate his name" and then in the same breath "this guy was just as racist but he did some good things, so he's ok."

Not in my book. I think it's BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  TR is just not the same thing. There are better examples I'm sure. Ramsey would be a good one...

It matters to a bunch of triggered white denizens of Edina, apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    It matters to a bunch of triggered white denizens of Edina, apparently.
                    To be fair lots of Minneapolis residents also care.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      To be fair lots of Minneapolis residents also care.
                      Shhhhhhh the Libs are talking.

Ok, total cheap shot, I mean no harm in that, I could not resist. It was purely for the lulz.

Comment

he built roads!!!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Just call it the lake formerly known as Calhoun. This is Minnesota, after all.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by the rube View Post
                            i have said that, and stalin was worse.

I disagree with "well, this guy was just racist, so eliminate his name" and then in the same breath "this guy was just as racist but he did some good things, so he's ok."

not in my book. I think it's bs.
                            lmfao

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              I have said that, and Stalin was worse.
                              But the trains ran on time, so samsies?
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                But the trains ran on time, so samsies?
                                Wasn't that Mussolini?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X