Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    It really had to be Elmira number one...the old adage "What have you done for me lately?" St Thomas schedule appears to be holding back the first place votes. Just my thoughts.
    Elmira played like they were the #1 in two games against top teams. St. Thomas will surge if they continue their success, as they have yet to play Gustavus 1/11-12, UWRF 2/6 and Hamline 2/15-16. This weekend's results have rewarded us with a great race to the finals with many teams in the mix. Imagine the fun come bracket time.

Comment

• Originally posted by obserbear View Post
      Elmira played like they were the #1 in two games against top teams. St. Thomas will surge if they continue their success, as they have yet to play Gustavus 1/11-12, UWRF 2/6 and Hamline 2/15-16. This weekend's results have rewarded us with a great race to the finals with many teams in the mix. Imagine the fun come bracket time.
      +1

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Big weekend for the Tommies. I’m going to try and watch some of Saturday’s game after I get back from the Norwich women’s game.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          It really had to be Elmira number one...the old adage "What have you done for me lately?" St Thomas schedule appears to be holding back the first place votes. Just my thoughts.
          St. Thomas' record is a full two games better than anyone else. I agree the schedule is not as crisp as the eastern teams (plus Adrian) that keep playing that round robin. Plattsburgh, Elmira, Norwich, and Adrian have each played at least 4 games against top 5 opponents already, but unbeaten deserved a shot at the top after everyone ahead of them lost this weekend.
          Steve
          Penn State Class of '95
          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
            St. Thomas' record is a full two games better than anyone else. I agree the schedule is not as crisp as the eastern teams (plus Adrian) that keep playing that round robin. Plattsburgh, Elmira, Norwich, and Adrian have each played at least 4 games against top 5 opponents already, but unbeaten deserved a shot at the top after everyone ahead of them lost this weekend.
            Let's talk after the home and home with Gustavus; two Tommies wins will make them #1 in next week's polls.

Comment

Let's talk after the home and home with Gustavus; two Tommies wins will make them #1 in next week's polls.
              I seriously doubt it. Gustavus is not as strong as they used to be when they used to win the MIAC regularly, and they're not as strong has those top Eastern teams. A St Thomas sweep will not put them in the number one spot.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                Gustavus is not as strong as they used to be when they used to win the MIAC regularly
                Gustavus has won or shared the MIAC title the last two years and three of the last four. That seems like "regularly".
                If St Thomas is the only undefeated team, they should be #1. Simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by KWJM View Post
                  Gustavus has won or shared the MIAC title the last two years and three of the last four. That seems like "regularly".
                  Except none of those MIAC teams are as good as those eastern powers, simpleton. In general a western team, any western team, needs to win a national championship before it can legitimately be talked about in the same breath as those eastern teams. How many years has it been since a western team won it all? Oh ya, never! And believe me I have rooted for them to knock off the eastern teams to win it all because I'm bored seeing the same teams win the title all the time. They just haven't been able to do it. That makes the weekly poll discussion something of a moot point. (Those that know me know I like to stir things up a bit and I'm home sick in bed today so take it all with a grain of salt.....or two. )
                  Last edited by shelfit; 01-09-2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                    Except none of those MIAC teams are as good as those eastern powers, simpleton. In general a western team, any western team, needs to win a national championship before it can legitimately be talked about in the same breath as those eastern teams. How many years has it been since a western team won it all? Oh ya, never! And believe me I have rooted for them to knock off the eastern teams to win it all because I'm bored seeing the same teams win the title all the time. They just haven't been able to do it. That makes the weekly poll discussion something of a moot point. (Those that know me know I like to stir things up a bit and I'm home sick in bed today so take it all with a grain of salt.....or two. )
                    Hamline did beat the four-time defending national champions last year...

I’m not saying St. Thomas is the best team in the country but if they sweep Gustavus, they absolutely have a claim to the No. 1 spot as the lone undefeated team remaining.

Let’s remember as good as Elmira looked this weekend and believe me they looked VERY good, they also lost to Williams, who well having a good year, is not generally regarded among then eastern elite.
                    Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 01-09-2019, 09:48 PM.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Hamline did beat the four-time defending national champions last year...

I’m not saying St. Thomas is the best team in the country but if they sweep Gustavus, they absolutely have a claim to the No. 1 spot as the lone undefeated team remaining.

Let’s remember as good as Elmira looked this weekend and believe they looked VERY good, they also lost to Williams, who well having a good year, is not generally regarded among then eastern elite.
                      Even a blind squirrel...

Comment

Originally posted by KWJM View Post
                        Um, no.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                          Um, no.
                          You got some splainin to do Lucy.....LOL

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                            You got some splainin to do Lucy.....LOL
                            Um, no.

Comment

St. Thomas, at home, defeated Gustavus 3-1, on 13 shots and surviving 1:40 defending 5x3 to open the 3rd. Rematch at Gustavus this afternoon. Any western witnesses?

Comment

St. Thomas, at home, defeated Gustavus 3-1, on 13 shots and surviving 1:40 defending 5x3 to open the 3rd. Rematch at Gustavus this afternoon. Any western witnesses?
                                Neither of these two teams sounds worthy of a #1 ranking. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X