Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Wisconsin: 3/11 & 3/12

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    Also, for all of you "ZOMG I NEVAR KNO WICH CHANNEL THE GOPHERS ARE ONNNNN!!1!!11!".....

Friday night is 7pm on ESPN News
    Saturday night is 7pm on BTN
    That's me! I am gone for the B1G tourney. Can you tell me times and channel for Gophs assuming they are ranked #1 and win the first game? I need to record them and my cable only shows a guide for about 3 days advance.

Comment

Even if they aren't the one seed.
      7 BTN
      7 BTN

Comment

Might go Saturday. $10 for SRO, to see a non-competitive game? Why not? Hopefully my paint dries by then.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Might go Saturday. $10 for SRO, to see a non-competitive game? Why not? Hopefully my paint dries by then.
          it's always worth $10 to see a Gopher win.
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
            it's always worth $10 to see a Gopher win.
            I wouldn't go watch this Badger team if you paid me $10.

Comment

Acceptable ticket prices for Big Ten teams:
              UMN: <= $10
              uw: < -$10

I feel like the average even when other teams are factored in may be $0.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                Acceptable ticket prices for Big Ten teams:
                UMN: <= $10
                uw: < -$10

I feel like the average even when other teams are factored in may be $0.
                SRO was $35 minimum for "non-premium" games. IIRC, it was closer to $45 for WI, originally. That's insane. No way I'd pay that. Honestly, if it were $20-25 for SRO? I'd probably go.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The SRO strategy definitely flies at Mariucci with the no shows (highly concentrated in the high donation sections).

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    SRO was $35 minimum for "non-premium" games. IIRC, it was closer to $45 for WI, originally. That's insane. No way I'd pay that. Honestly, if it were $20-25 for SRO? I'd probably go.
                    The last year of the WCHA SRO for both the Wisco and the UND series were $50 a game. My old man still had season tickets for Fridays so I went with him those nights, but I shelled out the $50 per game for the Saturday games just because I knew the place was going to be overflowing and tickets on the street totally outrageous with it being the last year of the conference.

Totally worth it. The UND game was a great, hard fought tie. And I still have visions from that MacNaughton clinching game against the Badgers of Schmidt laying out to keep that puck in and then absolutely unloading for the game winner. That was the loudest I have ever heard that building. God **** I miss those WCHA days...

But yeah. Those were special circumstances. $50 for SRO is a joke, and even more so since the move to the Big 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                      The last year of the WCHA SRO for both the Wisco and the UND series were $50 a game. My old man still had season tickets for Fridays so I went with him those nights, but I shelled out the $50 per game for the Saturday games just because I knew the place was going to be overflowing and tickets on the street totally outrageous with it being the last year of the conference.

Totally worth it. The UND game was a great, hard fought tie. And I still have visions from that MacNaughton clinching game against the Badgers of Schmidt laying out to keep that puck in and then absolutely unloading for the game winner. That was the loudest I have ever heard that building. God **** I miss those WCHA days...

But yeah. Those were special circumstances. $50 for SRO is a joke, and even more so since the move to the Big 10.
                      A couple years ago, MTU was the last series. Scalpers weren't budging from the face value. Flat out told them "I know who's coming from MTU." I can buy SRO cheaper, and sit 3 rows from the ice in the MTU section." They didn't budge. Their loss.

Comment

The way this season has gone, I wouldn't be at all shocked to see the Badgers sweep, leaving the Gophers with even fainter hope of winning the B1G Tourney to get into the NCAA's. Hope I'm wrong, and instead the Gophers sweep and come away from this weekend with all kinds of momentum entering the league tourney.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          The way this season has gone, I wouldn't be at all shocked to see the Badgers sweep, leaving the Gophers with even fainter hope of winning the B1G Tourney to get into the NCAA's. Hope I'm wrong, and instead the Gophers sweep and come away from this weekend with all kinds of momentum entering the league tourney.
                          I know what you mean. After looking like they were putting things together mid-season, they look more like the early season team lately. Only 1 of the last 4 games did they play well. Doesn't instill confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            I guess your half kidding, but no, no, no. The Gophers can collapse like the worst of 'em, but they do have some pretty decent talent. MSU on the road is always a trap...and doubly so without Bristedt and with MI's loss. Really should sweep this weekend...even at the risk of a jinx, they will not get swept.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

After Kunin, Wisconsin has no one. and, one would assume, the headhunting done by Wisconsin last time is going to be watched by the refs this time.
                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                                After Kunin, Wisconsin has no one. and, one would assume, the headhunting done by Wisconsin last time is going to be watched by the refs this time.
                                I am hopeful that all penalties are called, period. Let's not paint UW with a green and white brush, it isn't like UW is the eastern version of the sue, that is far from the case. And let's not forget that all the rodent players aren't choir boys either.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X