X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    I just didn't want to spam since they'll be somewhat frequent, but if people do not mind, I can continue doing it.
    I enjoyed the write up . Nice to see a student interested. Some points of note ... your line and d pairing predictions as of this weekend you have 1 d pairing correct and no line combo's. Your PP lines although a good try aren't correct either. I would suspect the same with the PK units.

Comment

CHN released their first podcast of the season. A question asked towards the end at about 47:50 is which teams picked to finish outside of the top 5 of their conference that will be better than expected and make some noise. RPI is mentioned at about 54:15 for the ECAC and is talked about for about a minute.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ontheair/

Comment

In honor of Simon Kjellberg and Kendra Farole, today is 3 October 2019. There are 2 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Has anyone noticed that Brock has a Friday night game in St. Catherines at 7:15 P.M. It will be done at around 9:45 P.M. Add about another 45 minuted to shower, dress and load the equipment on the bus and its' around 10:30 P.M. Then its' about 6 hours to Troy making there arrival time at a hotel about 4:30 A.M. on Saturday.

Only other choice they have is to go home and board the bus at around 6:00 A.M. on Saturday and arrive in Troy at about noon for a 4 P.M. game.

Either option spells no sleep, little sleep nor getting the right kind of sleep.

They should be little more than zombies by the time warm up starts at the Field House on Saturday.

Kind of leaves us with little in the way of excuses if we do not at least look good despite it being our very first game and their fifth.

Comment

Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
            Has anyone noticed that Brock has a Friday night game in St. Catherines at 7:15 P.M. It will be done at around 9:45 P.M. Add about another 45 minuted to shower, dress and load the equipment on the bus and its' around 10:30 P.M. Then its' about 6 hours to Troy making there arrival time at a hotel about 4:30 A.M. on Saturday.

Only other choice they have is to go home and board the bus at around 6:00 A.M. on Saturday and arrive in Troy at about noon for a 4 P.M. game.

Either option spells no sleep, little sleep nor getting the right kind of sleep.

They should be little more than zombies by the time warm up starts at the Field House on Saturday.

Kind of leaves us with little in the way of excuses if we do not at least look good despite it being our very first game and their fifth.
            If that is correct, and I have no reason to doubt it, we will learn very little from this game.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              If that is correct, and I have no reason to doubt it, we will learn very little from this game.
              In my opinion, you rarely learn anything of value from these D1 vs. other exhibition games. The coaches are usually throwing a bone to players who won't crack the regular season line-ups; for that reason the line combinations are all messed up; the competition is generally sub par; and the D1 side is playing to avoid season-ending injuries, among other things. What's to like?

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI22Parent View Post
                I enjoyed the write up . Nice to see a student interested. Some points of note ... your line and d pairing predictions as of this weekend you have 1 d pairing correct and no line combo's. Your PP lines although a good try aren't correct either. I would suspect the same with the PK units.
                I too enjoyed the write-up, but the line combo guesses are the only part I didn’t like. The lines are going to change throughout the year, players are going to come in and out of the lineup. It’s just the nature of hockey, you need your entire team throughout the season. I just don’t see any reason to post one and exclude some players who will likely contribute to the season.
                Keep the thoughts coming though, very much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                  Thank you guys for all the positive feedback! I am making a big effort this season to get more students interested in the team, and I hope the team being more successful will coincide with the efforts to really boost it. We posted a breakdown of the out-of-conference schedule this morning. I won't post here anymore with our articles since I do not want to spam with the regular previews and analysis. I recommend that you follow Red Army on twitter if you want to be updated whenever we release a new article.

Really like the analysis and enthusiasm, nice breath of fresh air. Look forward to updates through the season. LGR!
                  Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                    In my opinion, you rarely learn anything of value from these D1 vs. other exhibition games. What's to like?
                    I kind of like a hockey game. It has been too long since we have had the opportunity to see the Engineers play.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
                      I too enjoyed the write-up, but the line combo guesses are the only part I didn’t like. The lines are going to change throughout the year, players are going to come in and out of the lineup. It’s just the nature of hockey, you need your entire team throughout the season. I just don’t see any reason to post one and exclude some players who will likely contribute to the season.
                      Keep the thoughts coming though, very much appreciated.
                      The reason to post things like line combinations and player participation is to start a dialogue. Isn't that what being a sports fan is all about.
                      Keep the conversation going. Make some predictions. Its fun.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        I kind of like a hockey game. It has been too long since we have had the opportunity to see the Engineers play.
                        I'm not denying that it's been too long since we've had pro and college hockey, so I agree with you on that. But you were the one with the sad face lamenting you wouldn't learn anything from an exhibition on such a short turnaround, and I'm also in agreement with that sentiment. Let the real games begin!

Comment

I noticed that once again RPI does not appear to offer the ability for an interested hockey enthusiast to purchase single game tickets online. I have to think that they are one of the few teams in D1 hockey that have not accomplished this seemingly easy task. If the goal is to grow enthusiasm for the sport and put more fannies in the seats (i.e. drive revenues up) then making it EASY for fans to part ways with their hard earned cash would seem to me to be a no-brainer...especially at a school that is supposedly all about innovation and technology.

Ok, I'll stop griping now....
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            I noticed that once again RPI does not appear to offer the ability for an interested hockey enthusiast to purchase single game tickets online. I have to think that they are one of the few teams in D1 hockey that have not accomplished this seemingly easy task. If the goal is to grow enthusiasm for the sport and put more fannies in the seats (i.e. drive revenues up) then making it EASY for fans to part ways with their hard earned cash would seem to me to be a no-brainer...especially at a school that is supposedly all about innovation and technology.

In the past (maybe 3 or 4 years ago), I was able to buy individual game tickets by phone. Is that no longer available? I admit that it would be a lot easier to buy them on line. I have been able to purchase tickets on line from Princeton and Quinnipiac.
                            RPI should get on board with that.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                              I'm not denying that it's been too long since we've had pro and college hockey, so I agree with you on that. But you were the one with the sad face lamenting you wouldn't learn anything from an exhibition on such a short turnaround, and I'm also in agreement with that sentiment. Let the real games begin!
                              And I am totally in agreement with letting the real games begin. But until then, I will take an exhibition, even if we can't get any incite to the teams capabilities.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

https://tickets.athletics.rpi.edu/Th...nt=0&genre=200

you can get there with a single click from https://rpiathletics.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=792 and they have a decent seat selector too.
                                Last edited by ServinisScores; 10-03-2019, 10:07 AM.
                                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Working...
                                X