X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Originally posted by drewkal View Post
    I was wondering where KPan was, didn't hear the pre-game. It would be really cool if UND re-started, put the WCHA back into symmetry, my hockey world would be better with trips to Grand Forks, really! I'd finally got that place figured out for food, bars, hotels and then, wham !, no more UND team. That 11/18/16 trip to the Ralph through the heart of a blizzard made the destination that much better.
    I listened to the interview last night after the game (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vXw...ew?usp=sharing)
    You will hear the usual nonanswer. I hear she was at the Whitecaps game tonight (I did not see her, they were sitting upstairs) and the person who saw her said she was moving normally. Hopefully it is minor & they are just giving her time to heal up well before the season

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      Exhibition thoughts after the 8-1 win over UBC:

Where was Kelly Pannek?
      Amy Potomak took more than her share of punishment in the 2 periods she played. Hopefully she is ok.
      Of the freshmen, two who are a little less hyped than the others (Skaja and Hengler) really played well. I liked the line of Skaja, Zoom Boom, and Schammel
      I don't know how much she will play in the regular season but Sierra Smith looked pretty good on defense.
      On the opening faceoff Amy knocked the UBC winger pretty hard. I was wondering if there could be some history between some players. UBC 23 seemed intent on hurting Amy in the first period (she took 3 penalties, 2 for shots at AP) but she settled down after that

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
        On the opening faceoff Amy knocked the UBC winger pretty hard. I was wondering if there could be some history between some players. UBC 23 seemed intent on hurting Amy in the first period (she took 3 penalties, 2 for shots at AP) but she settled down after that
        It appears that Amy and Ireland (#23) were classmates not long ago. I would guess that there were up to a dozen UBC players that had been either teammates or camp competitors with Amy and/or Sarah.

Comment

Zoom Boom
          Time for one last off-season remark: We here in the East have to make do with electrical outlet puns, however extraordinary the talent, but which roster has the best moniker? That’s the real question. (Coaches’ polls are just dissing contests.) I have the Gophers going all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
            Time for one last off-season remark: We here in the East have to make do with electrical outlet puns, however extraordinary the talent, but which roster has the best moniker? That’s the real question. (Coaches’ polls are just dissing contests.) I have the Gophers going all the way.
            I'm not sure if you are asking individually or for team but if team then this probably wins...

Clarkson - The Fighting Nurses.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I'm not sure if you are asking individually or for team but if team then this probably wins...

Individually. But collectively you got it. BOOM!

Comment

Also known as the Sisters of No Mercy.

Comment

Which roster has the best moniker? That’s the real question.
                  Rumor is that Frost repaid a debt to Joel Johnson by throwing a silver dollar across the Potomaks.

Comment

Individually. But collectively you got it. BOOM!
                    Ok...I read in one of GS's articles on BCI the best one in my opinion and it's not electricity related.

Daryl Watts - The skating jesus

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
                      It appears that Amy and Ireland (#23) were classmates not long ago. I would guess that there were up to a dozen UBC players that had been either teammates or camp competitors with Amy and/or Sarah.
                      UBC #23 was a real treat on the ice, taking 3 penalties in the opening period including a long-range charge that drove Amy into the boards & should have included a DQ for intent to injure. I was seriously concerned about what would follow but things settled down after that.

Back in '00(IIRC) I saw a very ugly game against a Canadian team & one of the Kennedy sisters throwing punches after a series of cheap shots from the other team. I thought we might have that again but thankfully it did not turn out that way

Comment

UBC #23 was a real treat on the ice, taking 3 penalties in the opening period including a long-range charge that drove Amy into the boards & should have included a DQ for intent to injure. I was seriously concerned about what would follow but things settled down after that.
                        As I tried to tell you live, that charging penalty was on #25.

Comment

Exhibition thoughts after the 8-1 win over UBC:

Of the freshmen, two who are a little less hyped than the others (Skaja and Hengler) really played well. ...
                          yeah, they seemed to play as if it were just a continuation of HS, they sure didn't play like freshmen, that was a nice play by Hengler to poke the puck away where it at first appeared the BC player might break in on goal undefended, kinda reminded me of Ramsey poking the puck away from Nurse in the NCAA semi a couple years ago

Looking at the box score sometimes reveals interesting things:
                          That 3 of the 4 Freshmen filled 3 of the 4 center positions.
                          It may also indicate which of the two G are the leading candidates given they played an entire period. I missed the G change during the 3rd period and was surprised to see D’Angelo who looked pretty solid, but then she was really the only one tested for an extended time, the others going long stretches between scoring attempts. The goalie play of the game probably goes to Scobee during the middle of the second period where she covered the lower left side and post with her pad on a good scoring attempt.

including a long-range charge that drove Amy into the boards & should have included a DQ for intent to injure.
                          I didn't see it that way and neither did the officials, but then you are known for your sense of unreality, hope she is OK though

.. now you folks can take it back to your pun games
                          Last edited by pokechecker; 09-27-2018, 10:49 AM.

Comment

What were the line combos?

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                              What were the line combos?
                              For the Exhibition game? Picture of them here but they did change some throughout the game.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/GWH?src=hash

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                For the Exhibition game? Picture of them here but they did change some throughout the game.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/GWH?src=hash
                                Yes. Thank you. This lineup has the potential to be scary good.

Comment

Working...
                                X