X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
    He has played pretty well this year. Hard to withstand 40 shots a night. Defense has been poor.
    He still gives up too many "my head isn't in the game" goals like the one from the goal line on Saturday. He made great saves along the way and he is certainly seeing a barrage, but those other ones are hurting his save percentage.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      He still gives up too many "my head isn't in the game" goals like the one from the goal line on Saturday. He made great saves along the way and he is certainly seeing a barrage, but those other ones are hurting his save percentage.
      From my vantage point nobody could have stopped that shot. Was an absolute snipe. Would like to see a replay on it though.
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

For nearly all freshmen, there are hard lessons to be learned that this level. For D men, it's doubly tough. Badgers will come back. They were right with UND for extended periods both nights.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
          He has played pretty well this year. Hard to withstand 40 shots a night. Defense has been poor.
          Genuinely not trying to nitpick here, but in the games he's played he has only seen on average 29 shots per game (25, 28, 16, 43, and 33, respectively). At least according to USCHO.

Just wondering, from people who have actually been able to see the games, if it was him, the 3 Frosh on D, or both, that are struggling (since he was pretty much the lone bright point coming into this season).

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
            Genuinely not trying to nitpick here, but in the games he's played he has only seen on average 29 shots per game (25, 28, 16, 43, and 33, respectively). At least according to USCHO.

Just wondering, from people who have actually been able to see the games, if it was him, the 3 Frosh on D, or both, that are struggling (since he was pretty much the lone bright point coming into this season).
            I was at both NoDak games. If we didn't have Rumpel, NoDak could have easily scored 8 or so goals.
            WISCONSIN BADGERS
            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

The only positive from the B6 hockey league forming is if you have a really awful start to a season, all you have to do is win 3 games on a neutral site to get a 16 seed in the ncaa's, way easier road than the old WCHA.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I was as well. He is getting lots of shots from the quality scoring area. UWisco is right about that.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

100 percent of the time Joel needs to stop the shot from the hashmarks on the boards. 100% of the time. It's a terrible angle. If he stands there it literally hits him. It was a great shot, but a goalie needs to stop that shot 100 out of 100.

Comment

Wish you would have taken at least 1 game from the Team formally known as Sue.
                    I love seeing Sconi lose, but UND is so overrated. Figured you ladies would take at least 1! Come on now!

Comment

Since we have a new thread up and running, I would like to take a moment to repost this from the previous thread
                      ----
                      Hi Everyone

I am pleased to announce that I will be serving on this year's UW Fan Advisory Committee.

We had our first meeting last night and learned of some interesting changes and developments that are coming (this meeting was geared mostly towards football/Camp Randall developments). We are anticipating that the next meeting (in November) will be hosted at the Kohl Center and will be geared more towards the winter sports. I was also encouraged to seek out feedback from other fans.

I would love to gather some feedback from this community on things that you think are going well, things that aren't going well, and any constructive criticism that you might have. I can't guarantee that everything that you want to be discussed will make it into the agenda. I also can't guarantee that all of the changes that you ask for will be implemented. I can guarantee that I will take the feedback from this group and do my best to relay those items to the Athletic Department, either during open discussions at the meetings or via one-on-one conversations with members of the administration.

A few things that were already hit on:
                      The current food/beverage contract is still in place and the beverages will still be provided from the Dr Pepper/Snapple group and will primarily consist of RC Cola, Diet RC Cola, Dr Pepper, Diet Dr Pepper, 7-Up, A&W Rootbeer, Snapple.
                      The age limit for concession workers has been lowered to 16 and that is where it will remain. Previous vendor had an age limit of 12.
                      The decision about providing alcohol service to the general masses at sporting events is not an Athletic Department decision, that comes from the University Administration.
                      They are trying to walk the fine line of updating/refreshing the pregame intro video/music clips while maintaining some of the traditional elements. They didn't say that Enter Sandman would be coming back to the hockey pregame package, but noted that there was a large amount of support for bringing it back...

Feel free to post any feedback here or I have created a temporary e-mail address that you can send things to (UWFanAdvisory at gmail dot com).
                      ----
                      A few things have been addressed already:
                      Alcohol sales at hockey games are available to season ticket holders who are at the "Captain's Level" or higher in donations.
                      Programs have been adjusted to be a $2 information sheet with schedules/rosters/stats and all of the rest of the information available for free through the Varsity app.

Our next meeting is Monday the 17th and I anticipate it being geared towards hockey and basketball. I would love to have some additional feedback items based on the young hockey season.

Thanks!

Comment

[QUOTE=KaMiGo;6035955
                        Our next meeting is Monday the 17th and I anticipate it being geared towards hockey and basketball. I would love to have some additional feedback items based on the young hockey season.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Sent you some comments via email.

Comment

The score doesn't really show this, but we played a heck of a lot better on Saturday compared to Friday. On Saturday I figured NoDak was going to get some garbage goal in the third if we didn't score which they did (Drake tallying his 3rd goal on the weekend...). I'd also like to say that Drake may have scored two goals this weekend but played poorly. NoDaks PK goal on Friday was hard to watch because of Drake's mistake, I knew what was coming.

As for the PP, why is our best forward (Besse) not on our first PP unit? Mind boggling. Besse easily looked like UW's best forward. I'd also like to say Ryan Wagner seemed to me the best freshmen center between him, Rockwood, and Hughes. Rockwood and Hughes had little to no impact on the games this weekend. Wagner had some pretty killers moves which almost got him a goal (5 hole post).

Yet another week off. Yippee.
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Does anyone have positives to take from this past weekend? I didn't get to listen to either game.

0-6....At this point going .500 (which was my hope for the season) seems out of reach
                            It was straight-up respectable, despite the way game 2 ended.

The first 4 games matter when it comes to national rankings, but in terms of predicting what to expect moving forward, I think it's reasonable to throw those games out the window. They were competing with UND in most areas of the game for most of the weekend.

As WiscTJK mentioned, Ustaski made me raise my eyebrows and comment at least once. Besse was an animal. It's crazy how strong I get the feeling that, at the same time, a) everything sucks, but b) there are completely legitimate reasons to be optimistic.

Shaky special teams, obviously. When you can't clear the puck once during a PK, that's not good.

Offensively, the Badgers' performance on Saturday was better than 1 goal indicates, but I'm not one of those people who ignores the fact that if you miss a shot, you missed the shot. However, I do recognize that it's more indicative of future success than when you're completely shut down all night except for one goal. During Saturday's game, UND had more sustained offensive attacks than the Badgers. Possession was more even for much of Friday's game, but the Badgers did a poor job getting around UND blocks, and UND did a great job dropping to one knee and stopping passes and shots (that happened a lot during the first period Friday).

I'm glad they have another off-week. I'm glad their schedule is backloaded.

Comment

this weekend prediction?

Comment

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
                                this weekend prediction?
                                Undefeated weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X