X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New WCHA is dead

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    I'm guessing that UAH will survive this turmoil. That program has found a way for years and years against all reasonable odds.
    I am not so sure.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ms-Delayed.php

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
        Sounds like both Alaska teams will play this coming season.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          My take was that they were going to get word in a couple of weeks. I don't think that it's a given that they'll play at all.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            My take was that they were going to get word in a couple of weeks. I don't think that it's a given that they'll play at all.

GFM
            yeah, seems more like the decisions are going to go right up to where students should be reporting to campus for Fall semester before we have concrete answers which is really sad.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              yeah, seems more like the decisions are going to go right up to where students should be reporting to campus for Fall semester before we have concrete answers which is really sad.
              Imagine how up in the air all those students are. And for the athletes, they had no option to transfer before potentially getting the rug pulled out from under them.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Imagine how up in the air all those students are. And for the athletes, they had no option to transfer before potentially getting the rug pulled out from under them.
                Why it's like the Governor or the Wasalia 22 really don't give a sh*t because it doesnt affect them at all.

Obviously the Univeristy budget is large because of the size of the state and the depth that it reached throughout the state, and there likely was some reduction needed. But to pull this sh*t without negotiating for some form of step down process is asinine.

At this point, an aggressive two year plan with reduction starting this fall would have been welcomed I'm sure.
                Last edited by aparch; 07-17-2019, 03:14 PM.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                  How can you reach that conclusion?

The only time athletics was mentioned was when a regent called them a luxury. These decisions are so far above dealing with athletics right now. They're talking about closing one, maybe more, campuses and laying off half the staff at the rest of them. I would be very interested to hear the justification for firing tenured professors and ending degree programs while maintaining athletics departments that cost the university >$10 million per year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    How can you reach that conclusion?
                    The WCHA commissioner said in the article he was optimistic that both Alaska teams would play this coming season.
                    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      The WCHA commissioner said in the article he was optimistic that both Alaska teams would play this coming season.
                      As commissioner, he has to have that public opinion. I wonder what his private opinion is.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                        As commissioner, he has to have that public opinion. I wonder what his private opinion is.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                        I'm effed.

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                          I'm effed.
                          yep, he too is looking for a new place to land.

call it the magnificent seven plus one.

GO TECH GOLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                            What do you think he's going to say?

"The whole league is up Schitt's Creek once UAA and UA fold."

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              At this point, an aggressive two year plan with reduction starting this fall would have been welcomed I'm sure.
                              From what I remember reading early on, this is the first cut of a two year plan by the governor. This one was $300+million with $130 million of it from the UA System, and IIRC, next year he was looking at an even greater cut.
                              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                                From what I remember reading early on, this is the first cut of a two year plan by the governor. This one was $300+million with $130 million of it from the UA System, and IIRC, next year he was looking at an even greater cut.
                                Also, the university system has already reduced staff and other spending considerably since 2016.

Comment

Working...
                                X