Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    The secret is out recruit State of Minnesota kids and win a National Championship. 30 of the last 35 teams winning a title have had a Minnesotan on their roster, even BC. This is a good hire even if it were uneventful.
    Don't let the Canadians hear that. lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Non factors for us in other sports, why should hockey be any different?
      1- Well this is not other sports, and unlike those other sports OSU hasn't established themselves like those three have.

2- Those three all have higher rated incoming recruiting classes.

3- OSU losing key players in Hjelle and Crane.

4- These high expectations, unrealistic in my opinion, on the new coach in a new league just setting yourself for disappointment.

And I'm not an OSU basher, I'm an Ohio guy and they actually #3 on my list and know alot of kids who play/played there, just being realistic.
      Last edited by fangers; 04-29-2013, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Don't let the Canadians hear that. lol!
        Eh!!! LOL.
        " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
          3- OSU losing key players in Hjelle and Crane.

And I'm not an OSU basher, I'm an Ohio guy and they actually #3 on my list and know alot of kids who play/played there, just being realistic.
          I'll give you the first one, but Crane barely contributed this past season and there's no way one could classify him as a key player.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
            I'll give you the first one, but Crane barely contributed this past season and there's no way one could classify him as a key player.
            Yeah, this last season his major contribution was taking stupid penalties at the worst possible moments.

Comment

Yeah, this last season his major contribution was taking stupid penalties at the worst possible moments.
              I was being kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                I was being kind.
                Personally I liked Chris a lot but the truth is what it is.

Comment

This was taken from today's Columbus Dispatch. -

Upper Arlington goalie signs with OSU men’s hockey
                  Goaltender Logan Davis of Upper Arlington has signed a national letter of intent to play hockey at Ohio State.Davis is a product of the Ohio AAA Blue Jackets program.
                  Also signing with Ohio State were defensemen Josh Healey of Edmonton and Drew Brevig of Prior Lake, Minn., and forward Dave Gust of Orland Park, Ill.

Comment

Good article about Head Coach Rohlik.

http://www.uscho.com/2013/04/29/rohl...tion-complete/
                    " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Ok, I have seen this guy coach at Hill Murray and In my opinion this is a great hire. He is more than ready to be a college head coach if he does well in Columbus and there is an opening in Minnesota look for him to be in the coaching discussion.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I think he's up to the challenge of going ahead with what Oz started here but in his own style. There could not be a better opportunity for him to build a successful program here that will get him noticed. I don't see him leaving anytime soon if this truly becomes HIS program and we compete strongly in the new conference AND as long as our athletic department treats him right.

Comment

I think he's up to the challenge of going ahead with what Oz started here but in his own style. There could not be a better opportunity for him to build a successful program here that will get him noticed. I don't see him leaving anytime soon if this truly becomes HIS program and we compete strongly in the new conference AND as long as our athletic department treats him right.
                          Not to beat a dead horse (as GreyGhost has alluded to), but the last part of your final sentence is key in whether Rohlik stays or goes. If the athletic department continues to treat hockey like it always has, I doubt if Rohlik stays. I mean, really, if I was a college hockey coach and had to choose between OSU or Minnesota, well, that would kind of be a no brainer. I really hope Rohlik stays and builds a great program here, but I am not sure if he could pass up an offer from a tradition-rich program that makes more of a commitment to the sport.

Comment

This was taken from today's Columbus Dispatch. -

Upper Arlington goalie signs with OSU men’s hockey
                            Goaltender Logan Davis of Upper Arlington has signed a national letter of intent to play hockey at Ohio State.Davis is a product of the Ohio AAA Blue Jackets program.
                            Also signing with Ohio State were defensemen Josh Healey of Edmonton and Drew Brevig of Prior Lake, Minn., and forward Dave Gust of Orland Park, Ill.
                            Great news on the recruits. I especially like the idea of getting the great local players to stay home. One other note, it's a family affair with Dave Gust. His Sister, Kara, is a defenseman for our womens team. Nice to see Coach Rohlik keeping our recruits in the fold. One quick question, I was thinking we had five new guys coming in. Just thought of the other recruit, Zach Stepan (cousin of Derek Stepan of the NY Rangers). Is he still coming to OSU? Everything I have read says he is still committed, but I had not heard anything.

Comment

Without digging back through old posts weren't we supposed to have another goalie coming in?

Comment

Without digging back through old posts weren't we supposed to have another goalie coming in?
                                I was looking at a recruiting website and found Matt Tomkins (goalie). Is that the recruit you were thinking of?

Comment

Working...
                                X