Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Hell no. I'm not paying that much to rent a game for a few hours.
    The 4 hour rental is bad & all tiers for a half dozen or so of the "newer" games are insane, but the majority of titles' 3 longer rental periods are reasonable. It's untenable longterm without the Netflix-type subscription; in the meantime, however, I'm enjoying the novelty.
    BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
    CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
    2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
    2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Forza Horizon 2

This time it's a eurotrip. You start in Italy and France as they take you thru getting your wristband and learning features.

Same airplane vs car race fairly early on as well.

Menus kind of feel like Windows 8 tiles, much like the XB1 interface.

Forza Hub is separate app you can install to maintain all your info over all Forza games and the rewards system.

New is the cross country races where you drive thru fields and other terrain. Anything goes as long as you pass thru the checkpoints.

Game looks great visually of course.

No AI racers. It's all driveatars. Rivals return as well.

Level and skill system using separate xp to level each up. Also unlocks permanently active perks.

Xp and discount billboards to smash also return.

Bucket list feature is fun. Get in a car that you find parked. Act on whatever challenge it offers. First one was to drive a Koenigsegg like you stole it. Meaning get to the goal before the timer expires.
      Last edited by JF_Gophers; 10-01-2014, 06:33 AM.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I had zero interest in the new LOTR game, but it apparently has a cool death mechanic.

If an enemy Orc kills you it gets promoted and separate from what you're doing can kill it's competing Orcs to gain power.

You may meet that orc several times over your campaign as he becomes a sort of rival.

So no two players will have the same experience. Kind of cool.

---------------

PS Vita update will allow you to use custom icons now instead of just a background image. PS4 still has to wait!
        Last edited by JF_Gophers; 10-02-2014, 06:32 AM.
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Welp, I got myself a PS4 finally. Played Infamous: Second Son last night, very fun game but I've been a big fan of Infamous so YMMV. It's especially fun having lived in the Seattle area before. Gonna try Destiny soon here.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Welp, I got myself a PS4 finally. Played Infamous: Second Son last night, very fun game but I've been a big fan of Infamous so YMMV. It's especially fun having lived in the Seattle area before. Gonna try Destiny soon here.
            For Destiny the story is a 20 level tutorial basically. So stay focused and beat the game right away. Once it's over and you're 20 the game begins.
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              For Destiny the story is a 20 level tutorial basically. So stay focused and beat the game right away. Once it's over and you're 20 the game begins.
              Is it as bad as FFXIII's tutorial?

I'll get to it but I'm having fun with Infamous. I've forgotten how much those games are.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                I'll get to it but I'm having fun with Infamous. I've forgotten how much those games are.
                And, it seems, they've made them even more fun! The new powers are a hoot, I'm loving the neon stuff!
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

If you like Alien, grab isolation, absolutely fantastic so far. Five Nights at Freddy's has nothing on this.

Comment

Halloween is live. This looks huge
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Halloween is live. This looks huge
                      The new Simpsons store sucks however.
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        The new Simpsons store sucks however.
                        I like the changes thus far. I've got most things already, but it looks like it should be more efficient for any new players out there.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Pre-ordered my digital deluxe copy of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PS3) for next week's release.

Puts me close to the Sony promo of spend 100 and get 15 back.
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

In Tapped Out, they added more land to purchase, so I did because I was running low on land and it only cost around $10MM to get it all.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              In Tapped Out, they added more land to purchase, so I did because I was running low on land and it only cost around $10MM to get it all.
                              I think this came with the Clash of Castles (or whatever it was called) update.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I think this came with the Clash of Castles (or whatever it was called) update.
                                Okay. I didn't try to buy any land then, the idea only occurred to me to even try this time because of the pure MB size of this update.

Comment

Working...
                                X