Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    I know, I know. I guess going out of their way to print these shirts (and honestly, it wouldn't matter the name on the shirt, it's going out of their way to show a bias) instead of at least trying to appear neutral is what bothers me.
    They don't care, it's all about owning the libs.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      You will never have a truly unbiased group of policemen, sheriffs deputies, state troopers, or any of the penumbra of agencies. You can only ask that they not show their support in any official capacity or shirts such as what's being printed.
      So public employees should not support political candidates?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Not in any official capacity, no

Edit: and before you say it, no, teachers don’t do it.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Not in any official capacity, no

Edit: and before you say it, no, teachers don’t do it.
          Federals have the Hatch Act on what we can or cannot do.

How do the public employee unions fit in the equation?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Federals have the Hatch Act on what we can or cannot do.

How do the public employee unions fit in the equation?
            The same as any other private enterprise.

Comment

Bob wants to be a celebrity. Also has dump pushing the cops for trump shirt

Comment

No surprise that trump's adjective-laden tweets read like a cheap real estate listing.

Comment

If the cops want to self identify that is fine by me...not sure they will want to be seen in public or on TV wearing it ESPECIALLY if they live and work in the Cities. Showing your bias is usually not something that is looked on favorably.

It is becoming quite clear that Trump and the "Cops for Trump" are looking to cause riots.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The police officers and sheriffs deputies that I know personally do not want to draw attention to their profession outside of when they're in uniform. While they have strong political views, they'd never show up to an event with the [fill in department here] for [candidate here] shirts. First, they can often be harassed by the public if people know their profession (witness by BIL and our wives' uncle who lays into him at every extended family get together), and they just want their personal lives to be about their friends and families.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      If the cops want to self identify that is fine by me...not sure they will want to be seen in public or on TV wearing it ESPECIALLY if they live and work in the Cities. Showing your bias is usually not something that is looked on favorably.

It is becoming quite clear that Trump and the "Cops for Trump" are looking to cause riots.
                      I think I've read that in the 50s and 60s during protests and race riots, some cops would proudly wear pin-on buttons with pigs on them and basically own the pejorative term. This is precisely the modern form of that.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        I think I've read that in the 50s and 60s during protests and race riots, some cops would proudly wear pin-on buttons with pigs on them and basically own the pejorative term. This is precisely the modern form of that.
                        Frank Rizzo's infamous Philly PD that framed and murdered black and white liberal protestors did this. Generally speaking, it is an evergreen characteristic of right wing paramilitary state and private institutions. Thuggery is intimately tied to political and social conservatism. "Shut up," he explained, is the operational definition of authoritarianism and it thrives on the right from government to business to religion.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          The police officers and sheriffs deputies that I know personally do not want to draw attention to their profession outside of when they're in uniform. While they have strong political views, they'd never show up to an event with the [fill in department here] for [candidate here] shirts. First, they can often be harassed by the public if people know their profession (witness by BIL and our wives' uncle who lays into him at every extended family get together), and they just want their personal lives to be about their friends and families.
                          My uncle and great-grandpa purposely did not voice their political beliefs outside of family. They didn't want it to affect their job or the people's attitudes towards them.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I worry less about officers' prejudices than I do about their need for authority and control.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              I worry less about officers' prejudices than I do about their need for authority and control.
                              Their prejudices can directly feed into their actions, however....
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This will go well at rally tomorrow.

http://www.citypages.com/news/armed-...ally/562562061

Comment

Working...
                                X