Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Maybe so, but he built that program from scratch. Give the guy a chance to turn things around. This post is a joke
    Not to mention, until recently (and still to this day for that matter), they didn't have a rink for their first lien use. First lien had previously gone to a D-III college, Buffalo State. Even now, they have to use the Harborcenter, something built thanks to the generous funding of a man whose name you might recognize in the college hockey scene, Terry Pegula. As for coaching, if all consider that this year, Canisius's second year without Coach Smith, that they finished in dead last, perhaps there's more to Coach Smith that we have yet to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      I wanna say they haven't - but cannot swear to it. Did I miss the tweet from RPI Hockey that they are looking for a new Asst Coach? (they are). Apparently RPI hockey fans don't deserve to be updated with this type of information ...only when a new coffee maker is installed or to hit us up for money. (Ain't happening ...Ha.)
      Didn't we already know that was going to happen? After all, wasn't it mentioned, when Coach Graham was injured, that there'd be a temporary filling of the position while he recovered? Also, a few years ago, wasn't Coach Graham's job placed up for audition with him re-taking it, and didn't we deduce it was done as a means to renew a work visa, given Coach Graham is a Canadian citizen?

You guys know me as one to approach situations with skepticism, but I have to say this is a nothingburger that we all knew was going to happen, and it would be in the best interests of the complainers to keep these sorts of small nuggets in mind when they are due to re-emerge.

Comment

• That would be a NO...NO...and NO
        Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Didn't we already know that was going to happen? After all, wasn't it mentioned, when Coach Graham was injured, that there'd be a temporary filling of the position while he recovered? Also, a few years ago, wasn't Coach Graham's job placed up for audition with him re-taking it, and didn't we deduce it was done as a means to renew a work visa, given Coach Graham is a Canadian citizen?

You guys know me as one to approach situations with skepticism, but I have to say this is a nothingburger that we all knew was going to happen, and it would be in the best interests of the complainers to keep these sorts of small nuggets in mind when they are due to re-emerge.
        What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Did I miss the tweet from RPI Hockey that they are looking for a new Asst Coach? (they are). Apparently RPI hockey fans don't deserve to be updated with this type of information ...only when a new coffee maker is installed or to hit us up for money. (Ain't happening ...Ha.)
          I didn't see a tweet, but there was this post.

I would not expect to see it tweeted.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I didn't see a tweet, but there was this post.

I would not expect to see it tweeted.
            But you could see it in the classifieds, or a job board. Just like when we saw it last time.

Comment

The point I was making was the lack of any public information or fan interaction.

One of the ways you build loyalty and customer commitment is through effective communication. (I've already discussed the fictional HFH renovations). A competent organization that cares about its reputation -AND attracting quality candidates - would've issued some sort of public offering: "We'd like to thank Coach XYZ for his hard work and dedication this past season....as we continuing building a winning program we look forward to bringing in a new voice to coach our... (insert positional group here) ....".

Instead, we'll head into another long off season of silence when a new coach is hired, another group of players will likely be disinvited and then we'll all be asked to break out our checkbooks to attend the "family" golf outing in August...which I likely will again skip in protest, as I did this year.

As with most things in life, it comes down to getting the basics right.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
                Maybe so, but he built that program from scratch. Give the guy a chance to turn things around. This post is a joke
                DS didn’t build the Canisius program from ground up. The D1 program was in place for a number of years before he arrived. I believe the league they played in was the ECAC West prior to Canisius entering Atlantic Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                  DS didn’t build the Canisius program from ground up. The D1 program was in place for a number of years before he arrived. I believe the league they played in was the ECAC West prior to Canisius entering Atlantic Hockey.
                  Brian Cavanaugh was Canisius's coach when they transitioned from D-III to D-I.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Weaber most likely gone. Wouldn't be surprised to see the skills/graduate coach get a shot if he puts in for it. Not even going to try and spell his name right now so I dont butcher it. But it starts with L. 😀

Comment

Why isn't Mike Lysyj listed as an assistant coach on their website? Not sure when he was hired but he's definitely an assistant

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                        Why isn't Mike Lysyj listed as an assistant coach on their website? Not sure when he was hired but he's definitely an assistant
                        Perhaps because he's a volunteer assistant? Not sure if there's now a policy that they only put people on the payroll, or if it's just incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Perhaps because he's a volunteer assistant? Not sure if there's now a policy that they only put people on the payroll, or if it's just incompetence.
                          He is listed on Men's Ice Hockey on the Athletic Staff page https://rpiathletics.com/staff.aspx.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Alex Rodriguez signs ATO with Norfolk of ECHL. Great year at Augsburg....26 games, 21 goals, 19a.....https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...alex-rodriguez
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                              Can't make this stuff up. All part of the RPI magic.... ha ha. The kid works the whole year and they can't even list him as a member of the staff. Add it to the list.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Can't make this stuff up. All part of the RPI magic.... ha ha. The kid works the whole year and they can't even list him as a member of the staff. Add it to the list.
                                It isn't a first. They have been doing a poor job of keeping that up to date for years.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X