World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    MLS West is crazy...3 points separating 2nd from 7th. Portland is in 8th 6 points out of 2nd place with a game in hand on everyone above them...
    LAFC has already clinched playoffs I believe...
    The point difference between 2nd and 8th is 6 points. The point difference between 1st and 2nd is 19.

LAFC is running away with things.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

I somewhat expect an East team like Atlanta or Philadelphia to win MLS Cup because the West playoffs will be such a meat grinder.
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Triple post!

If you haven’t seen it, The MLS Review Show on YouTube is fantastic.
        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

odds that Minnesota United beats Atlanta United in Atlanta tonight to win the US Open Cup? I've heard that travelling supporters are around 500 strong...
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'm trying to find an MLS team to root for, and I have no idea who I should choose. If it's any help, know I'm a Newcastle United fan for EPL, and I tend to root for awful teams. Hell, I root for the Detroit Lions.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              I'm trying to find an MLS team to root for, and I have no idea who I should choose. If it's any help, know I'm a Newcastle United fan for EPL, and I tend to root for awful teams. Hell, I root for the Detroit Lions.
              Detroit will have a team in a few years since MLS keeps wanting to show that they are a "major" sports league here in North America. For current teams, Chicago works... They are close enough to check out a match if you desire and their marketing team sucks. So by coming on board, I will have done more for the franchise than their marketing efforts over the past 10 years
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                Adrian Heath hoped to make Minnesota United into the Newcastle of MLS...whatever that means:
                https://www.theguardian.com/football...m-adrian-heath
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  Detroit will have a team in a few years since MLS keeps wanting to show that they are a "major" sports league here in North America. For current teams, Chicago works... They are close enough to check out a match if you desire and their marketing team sucks. So by coming on board, I will have done more for the franchise than their marketing efforts over the past 10 years
                  I wouldn’t be too sure on Detroit with Sacramento, Phoenix, Vegas, and Charlotte all having strong expansion bids. Outside of the Ilitch or Ford families getting involved I don’t see Detroit anytime soon.

As for MissT, I think Chicago is a good choice as well. It has all the Lions hallmarks: terrible ownership, misuse of star players, were once good in an era nobody remembers but have been consistently terrible since. The only thing missing is terrible draft choices but that’s not a thing in MLS though their Academy system is easily the worst.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    Adrian Heath hoped to make Minnesota United into the Newcastle of MLS...whatever that means:
                    https://www.theguardian.com/football...m-adrian-heath
                    We're already too successful for that.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      I wouldn’t be too sure on Detroit with Sacramento, Phoenix, Vegas, and Charlotte all having strong expansion bids. Outside of the Ilitch or Ford families getting involved I don’t see Detroit anytime soon.

As for MissT, I think Chicago is a good choice as well. It has all the Lions hallmarks: terrible ownership, misuse of star players, were once good in an era nobody remembers but have been consistently terrible since. The only thing missing is terrible draft choices but that’s not a thing in MLS though their Academy system is easily the worst.
                      It's settled; I'm rooting for Chicago.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        It's settled; I'm rooting for Chicago.
                        Yay!

I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

The English Football League buried Bury today. Bolton may not be far behind.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...osed-takeover/
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            The English Football League buried Bury today. Bolton may not be far behind.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...osed-takeover/
                            And, I'd be willing to bet, plenty of other EFL clubs in the years to come. The financials in the lower leagues are just that bad. Bolton was in the PL as late as 2012, even made it to the last 16 of the UEFA Cup in 2008, now they likely won't exist.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

This is a pretty good example of the financial instabilty in the EFL from the 2017/18 Championship season:
                              http://financialfootballnews.com/cha...inances-wages/

This lists the clubs Finances to Wages ratio. If a club is at 100% they're at a 1:1 ratio of money earned to money spent on player wages.

The average was 115%.

Lower league English clubs are basically spending themselves to death to try to get a piece of the PL pie.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                This is a pretty good example of the financial instabilty in the EFL from the 2017/18 Championship season:
                                http://financialfootballnews.com/cha...inances-wages/

This lists the clubs Finances to Wages ratio. If a club is at 100% they're at a 1:1 ratio of money earned to money spent on player wages.

The average was 115%.

Lower league English clubs are basically spending themselves to death to try to get a piece of the PL pie.
                                Paging Gary Bettman.

Can you say "Salary Cap"?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X