Harvard Crimson 2018-2019 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvard Crimson 2018-2019 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Since we are between seasons thought it was time to start the new thread.

No real news bulletins but if you try to renew your seasons tickets you may have problems.

I tried to renew my season tickets last night and I could renew my women's tickets but not my men's tickets.

I will call the ticket office tomorrow.

Re: Harvard Crimson 2018-2019 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Would anyone care to comment about Paul pearls replacement? It will be interesting to see how Jim Tortorella and Ted handle the transition. Certainly not easy replacing Paul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Harvard could have done better as Tortorella is a hot mess. He has bounced around, in and out of hockey, for the last ten years while dealing with non-hockey issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubleminor View Post
        Harvard could have done better as Tortorella is a hot mess. He has bounced around, in and out of hockey, for the last ten years while dealing with non-hockey issues.
        I heard he held something like three jobs in the last two years. The Harvard position encourages stability at least for the coming season or two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Havard will be fine. Great veteran group and a strong recruiting class coming in this year and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
            Havard will be fine. Great veteran group and a strong recruiting class coming in this year and beyond.
            100% agreed! Tough beat Fox and Walsh as stud D men in the league!

Comment

Rumor that Pelton Byce is out for year due to academic issues. Anyone hear this?

Comment

Rumor that Pelton Byce is out for year due to academic issues. Anyone hear this?
                Yes. Heard from a good source.

Comment

Maybe this is where you 'heard' it?

@MarkDivver: Harvard takes a hit with loss of Ty Pelton-Byce (academically ineligible). Would have been one of Crimson's top forwards. Can return in 2019-20

Comment

Originally posted by HUJFKLINE View Post
                    I heard he held something like three jobs in the last two years. The Harvard position encourages stability at least for the coming season or two.
                    Perhaps but we will take a hit in recruiting if he can't replicate what Pearl brought to the table. Not to mention how Pearl was influential in our systems both offensive and defensive. This is a big loss.

No Donato, no Wahlstrom, no Pearl and now no Pelton Byce. Not a great way to start a new season.

Comment

Hello everyone! It might be a little early for it, but I'm pumped, so I've kicked off this year's ECAC Pick the Standings contest! If you are somehow new here, it's a super simple game where you just predict the standings and whoever is closest wins like $1000 gets to brag about it in their signature forever. Join in!
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Here's my best guess for projected lines this year:

Bowlby, Zerter Gossage, Krusko
                        Gregoire, Badini, Floodstrand
                        Solin, Drury, Dornbach
                        Kerfoot, Shore, Murphy

Fox, Marino
                        Walsh, Olson
                        Rathbone, Baughmann

Lackey

Comment

Here's my best guess for projected lines this year:

Bowlby, Zerter Gossage, Krusko
                          Gregoire, Badini, Floodstrand
                          Solin, Drury, Dornbach
                          Kerfoot, Shore, Murphy

Fox, Marino
                          Walsh, Olson
                          Rathbone, Baughmann

Lackey
                          I was also thinking about possible combinations over the weekend and here's what I came up with... since I'm basing my freshman projections on mostly stats and/or scouting reports, there's room for juggling

Bowlby, Badini, Zerter Gossage
                          Krusko, Drury, Floodstrand
                          Solin, Shore, Dornbach
                          Donato, Kerfoot, Gregoire

Fox-Marino
                          Walsh-Baughman
                          Olson-Rathbone
                          Rifai

Lackey

Comment

Originally posted by Game0n View Post
                            I was also thinking about possible combinations over the weekend and here's what I came up with... since I'm basing my freshman projections on mostly stats and/or scouting reports, there's room for juggling

Bowlby, Badini, Zerter Gossage
                            Krusko, Drury, Floodstrand
                            Solin, Shore, Dornbach
                            Donato, Kerfoot, Gregoire

Fox-Marino
                            Walsh-Baughman
                            Olson-Rathbone
                            Rifai

Lackey
                            Either line-up could work. What jumps out at me overall is as follows:
                            - Lots of new faces so I would expect lots of different forward line combinations throughout the first half of the season
                            - I don't see Harvard having a dominant line and will be more of a roll out four lines and compete with depth
                            - We aren't going to be as special teams oriented as years past (drawing penalties and scoring PP goals) so 5x5 play is going to become more important and the little things that dictate possession (face-offs, break outs, forecheck, etc)
                            - The defense is going to have to contribute offensively (but a lot of depth here)
                            - Goaltending is always key (and Harvard has depth here if things go sideways)

Comment

Harvard Crimson 2018-2019 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Other freshman to keep an eye on include Jack Drury and Casey Dornbach. Baker Shore and Marshall Rifai may also surprise. Great also to see our hockey alumni thriving, especially Ryan Donato with Boston and it seems Colin Blackwell might have a shot with the Predators.
                              Last edited by HUJFKLINE; 09-30-2018, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X