Utica's Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utica's Attendance

Has anyone looked at their numbers so far through three dates?

Home opener against Brockport 3800+?!

Franklin and Pierce Friday night 3500+

Saturday night was just a tad over 2,000 but was there high school sectional football in the area and also they played the same cakewalk team they played the night before.

Still, ungodly numbers nowadays for D-III attendance and the Pioneers should easily lead the nation in attendance this year and probably rank close to the upper third in attendance for D-I too. We haven't even reached the hot ticket dates that Manhattanville, Oswego, Elmira, Neumann, and Hobart will be.

With the Oswego game being on a weekend finally, that game could possibly come close to selling out if as many Oswego fans make the short trip down as there was last year.

Good for them...I remember seeing the city finally adapt Utica as the new team in town when they were first starting out. It took a little while but I think when the team was really good during the Sokol and Ames years that's what made everyone a fan of the college team and they've stuck around ever since even though the Pioneers for the most part have been a .500 hockey team in a very tough league.

It's great to see a turnout like that because teams like Plattsburgh and Elmira are incapable of those kinds of numbers nowadays.

Can we please have the D-III Frozen Four there once? I know it's Lake Placid's gig but I think the Utica Aud would make a tremendous host for it for a season.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Utica's Attendance

i Agree on every aspect...we'll definitly lead D-III again.The oswego game i have to miss sadly but that will no doubt be packed like last season when we played them at home and almost beat them.For some reason we have in the past seasons done pretty well against Oswego(in the sense of giving them a run for their money each time we play them, although we loose) and hopefully this young team will be able to capitalize on that this year and finally defeat Oswego.

The Neumann, Hobart and Elmira dates will be big as well, especially that one date late in the season when we play Manhattanville again, that always is packed and is an exciting game to watch, especially when the Valiants dreaded fan club/cheerleaders come up like they have in the past.

In the 04-05 seasoan when Utica hosted the EcacWest playoffs at the Aud, we drew 3,000 plus crowds for the first time for those games...with the Frozen Four coming that'd be not only huge for the area but the games would have no trouble drawing crowds.Utica and the surrounding areas love hockey so why not have them in Utica and save the buses companies a long 3 hour drive threw the Adirondaks and some gas money.Hey, with this economic crisis, maybe whoever decides when and where the Frozen Four is each season will strongly consider this option in the future.

Lets just hope with these crowds this year that we'll be able to have a winning season in Utica again.
    Last edited by Pioneers#1; 10-31-2010, 12:08 PM.
    Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
    Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
    Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
    2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
    2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
      i Agree on every aspect....Utica and the surrounding areas love hockey so why not have them in Utica and save the buses companies a long 3 hour drive threw the Adirondaks and some gas money.Hey, with this economic crisis, maybe whoever decides when and where the Frozen Four is each season will strongly consider this option in the future.

Lets just hope with these crowds this year that we'll be able to have a winning season in Utica again.
      They would have to submit a bid, they should be able to meet the requirements, IMO, if they tried annually, eventually, they would be hard to deny - BUT - they can't host if they don't try, I have no idea if they have.
      Last edited by norm1909; 10-31-2010, 01:21 PM.
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

What a great old barn. Attended Saturday nights game and the reported numbers are definetly accurate. Serving beer I'm sure helps bring in the local crowd. FP though wasnt the kind of easy game you want at your home rink. Too easy and sloppy of a game for the pioneers.

Comment

According to one poster the average age at a platty game is 50. Must have a lot of grad students. Some even have a pulse.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
            According to one poster the average age at a platty game is 50. Must have a lot of grad students. Some even have a pulse.
            I'm 47, but the average age of the attendees for the 9 season tickets I have is over 56. IMO, 50 is likely too high, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is in the 40's.
            Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I know this is a Utica thread, but seriously, why don't students attend platty games? Sounds like no one on campus would notice if they weren't there.

Comment

I know this is a Utica thread, but seriously, why don't students attend platty games? Sounds like no one on campus would notice if they weren't there.
                75% of the tickets cost $120 or more (even for students), that will buy a lot a beer.....
                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Why does platty charge $120 for season tickets?!?!? theres your first problem, start charging half that if you want more people than the usual to buy them.Utica season tickets around $40(seat included of course). But yeah, you'd think with how good platty is, that more people would show up at their games there and isint that part of the state like huge when it comes to ice hockey....?

And yes,for the most part the numbers are accurate when it comes to Utica's attendence.Friday night the number should have probably been around 3,900 or so, not the listed 3,500 because there were definitly not 500 seats left at the Aud to sit in.Also on opening night against Brockport State, there were definitly once again more seats available than what they listed.

Utica Will most likley lead D-III again this year because of our coach and his strong & heavely advirtising and promotional techniques. Having $1 beers also helps alot too
                  Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                  Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                  Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                  2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                  2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

And yes,for the most part the numbers are accurate when it comes to Utica's attendence.Friday night the number should have probably been around 3,900 or so, not the listed 3,500 because there were definitly not 500 seats left at the Aud to sit in.Also on opening night against Brockport State, there were definitly once again more seats available than what they listed.
                    You just contradicted yourself.

and secondly, Plattsburgh can only fit like 2,000 people with a complete capacity crowd now with the new seats. Got to make up for your loss of seats somewhere so they raise the prices of the seats.

They know they have the market up there with the townspeople of Plattsburgh because it's the only show in town. I'm honestly surprised they haven't increased the prices to more by now up there.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Why does platty charge $120 for season tickets?!?!? theres your first problem, start charging half that if you want more people than the usual to buy them.Utica season tickets around $40(seat included of course). But yeah, you'd think with how good platty is, that more people would show up at their games there and isint that part of the state like huge when it comes to ice hockey....?

Utica Will most likley lead D-III again this year because of our coach and his strong & heavely advirtising and promotional techniques. Having $1 beers also helps alot too
                      Students who want a season ticket must pay regular price, they can get a single FREE ticket - "New this year, Plattsburgh students will be able to obtain tickets on the night of the game between 5:30-6:30 pm at the Field House Box Office Will Call window.

All students must present a valid college ID to obtain a ticket at no cost. If the situation should arise where all 300 student tickets have been distributed, SUNY Plattsburgh will issue "Standing Room Only" tickets to any of our students who wish to attend
                      ." that is a problem, while it has been a couple decades since I lived in the dorms, I certainly would not plan my weekend on a "pot-luck" ticket - i.e. pass on planning to do whatever on the weekend or take a chance that my friends and I could snag free tickets - that are off in the corner, offering at best a limited view.

Why do they charge a $120 - because they can and note "We are happy to report that we have reached our capacity for men’s ice hockey season tickets; therefore, we are not accepting any new season ticket requests at this time."

Great campus support headed by Bruce AKA, "chair - of the NCAA Division III Championships Committee." - what a sad joke.
                      Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                        Students who want a season ticket must pay regular price, they can get a single FREE ticket - "New this year, Plattsburgh students will be able to obtain tickets on the night of the game between 5:30-6:30 pm at the Field House Box Office Will Call window.

All students must present a valid college ID to obtain a ticket at no cost. If the situation should arise where all 300 student tickets have been distributed, SUNY Plattsburgh will issue "Standing Room Only" tickets to any of our students who wish to attend
                        ." that is a problem, while it has been a couple decades since I lived in the dorms, I certainly would not plan my weekend on a "pot-luck" ticket - i.e. pass on planning to do whatever on the weekend or take a chance that my friends and I could snag free tickets - that are off in the corner, offering at best a limited view.

Why do they charge a $120 - because they can and note "We are happy to report that we have reached our capacity for men’s ice hockey season tickets; therefore, we are not accepting any new season ticket requests at this time."

Great campus support headed by Bruce AKA, "chair - of the NCAA Division III Championships Committee." - what a sad joke.
                        Has Plattsburgh started a waiting list? To my knowledge, Norwich was the only D-III team to have a waiting list but that might soon be changing with Oswego and Plattsburgh ticket demands.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

See my earlier posts about comparing Stafford to Wimbledon, The Masters and test cricket.
                          Twitter: DanMountSports
                          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Having $1 beers also helps alot too
                            I guess I get the "special" $5.00 beer price, aye?
                            New (I think just this year) is that you can get a bottle (poured into a plastic cup) of one (your choice) of 6-8 varieties of Saranac beer. You can also get a $3.00 bottle of Saranac root beer.
                            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                              I guess I get the "special" $5.00 beer price, aye?
                              New (I think just this year) is that you can get a bottle (poured into a plastic cup) of one (your choice) of 6-8 varieties of Saranac beer. You can also get a $3.00 bottle of Saranac root beer.
                              I thought i remembered it being $5 as well. But wasn't quite sure.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X