Re: # days until Jutting is collecting unemnployment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    What if Snuffleufagus as a chicken?
    you mean he's not?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I've heard from a few different sources around Mankato that there could be a change this time. Heard potential replacements are being thrown around by an "unofficial" committee of sorts.

Although I admit Jutting seems to have more than nine lives down there... so who knows.
      University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
        I've heard from a few different sources around Mankato that there could be a change this time. Heard potential replacements are being thrown around by an "unofficial" committee of sorts.

Although I admit Jutting seems to have more than nine lives down there... so who knows.
        Assuming this is true, which I doubt, they should go after Guentzel. He originally applied for the job 12 years ago and he wants a head coaching position. He's been given a lot of the credit for turning around the Gophers this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mav Fan View Post
          Assuming this is true, which I doubt, they should go after Guentzel. He originally applied for the job 12 years ago and he wants a head coaching position. He's been given a lot of the credit for turning around the Gophers this year.
          John Hill is sitting by Craig Dahl's phone.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Hush, you.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Hush, you.
              The MSU fanbase should start a website to let the admin know who we want! Do you think they even know how to go about getting a new coach?

Comment

I don't blame you for thinking that way but Guentzel is pretty much assured of being the next Gopher coach now... and Lucia isn't going to coach forever.
                University of Minnesota

Comment

I don't blame you for thinking that way but Guentzel is pretty much assured of being the next Gopher coach now... and Lucia isn't going to coach forever.
                  He's only 53. Sitting around waiting for him to retire is a pretty iffy career move. Guentzel is 39, it's not like he's just a kid with all the time in the world to move up.
                  My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                    He's only 53. Sitting around waiting for him to retire is a pretty iffy career move. Guentzel is 39, it's not like he's just a kid with all the time in the world to move up.
                    He did it for years already and he is the next guy in line. He's closer to it now than he ever was before.

He's not going to go to Mankato. Especially now with the conference changes.
                    University of Minnesota

Comment

He did it for years already and he is the next guy in line. He's closer to it now than he ever was before.

He's not going to go to Mankato. Especially now with the conference changes.
                      I didn't say he'd come to Mankato, just that I think he'd be foolish to not consider head-coaching opportunities. He could still go back to UM. I'd imagine he could even get a clause in his contract allowing him out if Minnesota came calling.
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

I didn't say he'd come to Mankato, just that I think he'd be foolish to not consider head-coaching opportunities. He could still go back to UM. I'd imagine he could even get a clause in his contract allowing him out if Minnesota came calling.
                        He's not going to keep moving around. He's been doing that the last four years. With his future status pretty much guaranteed and with a six figure salary... well, you can figure it out.
                        University of Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                          The MSU fanbase should start a website to let the admin know who we want! Do you think they even know how to go about getting a new coach?
                          Didn't work for getting Cary Eades at Tech last offseason, but we're pretty happy with what we got instead.
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Guentzel will be 50 this summer. I think as long as he has success, and there really is no reason to think he won't Lucia could be coaching for a long time.
                            never up, never in!

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                              Didn't work for getting Cary Eades at Tech last offseason, but we're pretty happy with what we got instead.
                              And that is my point exactly. While Mel Pearson gets on TV and gives all the credit to his players, we all know that he is a very big part of where that program is going.

I also believe that we have the talent, they just need to be developed by a coach who has a clue what he is doing.

Jutting might be a nice guy, but that simply is not getting the job done.

Comment

Zero.

http://www.msumavericks.com/news/201...401125834.aspx

I hope MSU is not making an April Fools Day Joke...

Congratulations Maverick fans!
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X