2019 Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Off Season

I read on their site where a select few do go to DI schools. See below.

Greg Simmons University of Alabama (Independent, D1)
    Thomas Sullivan Stony Brook (Eastern States Collegiate Hockey League, D1)
    Coleman Varty Lindenwood University (Central States Collegiate Hockey League, D1)
    Keenan Lund Air Force Academy (Atlantic Hockey, D1)
    Jens Juliussen Maryville University (MCH, D1)
    Cam McIntosh University of Jamestown (Independent, D1)
    Chandler Bilodeau University of Alabama (Independent, D1)
    Ivan Bilyy West Virginia (College Hockey Mid-America, D1)
    Brendan Studioso Arizona State University (Western Collegiate Hockey League, D1)
    Joey Gallo Kent State (Great Lakes Collegiate Hockey League, D1)
    Jake Lissy Towson University (Eastern Collegiate Hockey Association, D1)
    Janne Rukamp Iowa State (Central States Collegiate Hockey League, D1)

Now most are not committing to top DI schools though one of these kids is going to Arizona St. who made the NCAA tourney and another is going to Air Force.
    The Titanic only had one Captain..........
    "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
    "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
    9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

Originally posted by sacole13 View Post
      I read on their site where a select few do go to DI schools. See below.

Greg Simmons University of Alabama (Independent, D1)
      Thomas Sullivan Stony Brook (Eastern States Collegiate Hockey League, D1)
      Coleman Varty Lindenwood University (Central States Collegiate Hockey League, D1)
      Keenan Lund Air Force Academy (Atlantic Hockey, D1)
      Jens Juliussen Maryville University (MCH, D1)
      Cam McIntosh University of Jamestown (Independent, D1)
      Chandler Bilodeau University of Alabama (Independent, D1)
      Ivan Bilyy West Virginia (College Hockey Mid-America, D1)
      Brendan Studioso Arizona State University (Western Collegiate Hockey League, D1)
      Joey Gallo Kent State (Great Lakes Collegiate Hockey League, D1)
      Jake Lissy Towson University (Eastern Collegiate Hockey Association, D1)
      Janne Rukamp Iowa State (Central States Collegiate Hockey League, D1)

Now most are not committing to top DI schools though one of these kids is going to Arizona St. who made the NCAA tourney and another is going to Air Force.
      Count only USAF as NCAA D1. The rest (including ASU at the time) are/were ACHA which is non varsity hockey under the auspices of USA Hockey.

------
      Meanwhile- anything new on the coaching hires, particularity Plattsburgh State?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Count only USAF as NCAA D1. The rest (including ASU at the time) are/were ACHA which is non varsity hockey under the auspices of USA Hockey.

------
        I was wondering what the Western Collegiate Hockey League was......

No news from here on the Plattsburgh State coaching front...
        Steve
        Penn State Class of '95
        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

------
          ASU made the NCAAs so that makes them legit DI.

I'm going to take over Plattsburg............................and run them into the ground. hehe

Comment

Lets just say the NA3HL is not the USHL, NAHL,CCHL,OJHL,USPHL...….Some good players I am sure.....

Comment

ASU made the NCAAs so that makes them legit DI.

I'm going to take over Plattsburg............................and run them into the ground. hehe
              I think you're still missing this...Arizona State has a CLUB hockey team that plays AHCA Division I Club. That is the team that player is committed to, not the varsity team, which is an Independent team.

The rest of the schools, minus maybe the player heading to Air Force, are all club teams and not NCAA varsity Division I teams.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                I think you're still missing this...Arizona State has a CLUB hockey team that plays AHCA Division I Club. That is the team that player is committed to, not the varsity team, which is an Independent team.

The rest of the schools, minus maybe the player heading to Air Force, are all club teams and not NCAA varsity Division I teams.
                Stop using accurate and factual info

Comment

all it says is Arizona St. so I am not sure where you are reading into this..................

Comment

all it says is Arizona St. so I am not sure where you are reading into this..................
                    It also lists the league affiliation after the name... Arizona St.'s Div I team isn't in a league...
                    Steve
                    Penn State Class of '95
                    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Its Arizona State’s club team, not D1. And the kid going to Air Force played in the NA3 three years ago. Hes just an alumni of the league

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
                        Yes, very interesting indeed... compounded by the stated fact that they will be playing in the Domes as opposed to First Arena. Back when the Jackals folded I had the discussion with many that I believed the best option for the arena would be a Junior team, for a number of reasons. And now, we have a Junior team moving to the area, and for some reason (or reasons) they are not playing there.

Stay tuned...

~TTF
                        Are they playing in the Domes instead of a First Arena due to a relationship with EC which plays in the Domes? I'd be surprised if they're being allowed to use the name and colors without some sort of formal partnership....

EDIT: Found the official release. Looks like there is some form of partnership there...and Elmira has a goalie recruit named Jeff Zero who is coming out of the program
                        Last edited by Scott_TG; 04-04-2019, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Strange doings at Norwich. Prezde - snow on the regular field??

@NorwichCadets: We’ve seen bands on the field, fans on the field, and much more in collegiate sports, but we’ve never seen anything quite like what happened on Sabine yesterday... https://***********/NorwichCadets/st...778370/video/1
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

This is the same dude that tries to say players are the same as 20 years ago....credibility lost....
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Strange doings at Norwich. Prezde - snow on the regular field??

@NorwichCadets: We’ve seen bands on the field, fans on the field, and much more in collegiate sports, but we’ve never seen anything quite like what happened on Sabine yesterday... https://***********/NorwichCadets/st...778370/video/1
                              I've watched this dozens of times, I can't stop laughing. Norwich should send that AFV. Only way that could be funnier is if the announcer went full Joe Starkey calling The Play.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                                Lets just say the NA3HL is not the USHL, NAHL,CCHL,OJHL,USPHL...….Some good players I am sure.....
                                Take 2

Comment

Working...
                                X