Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    And Melvin announces that he will step down at GM immediately...will remain with the team in an advisory role.
    wow. why now? (I haven't read anything on this besides your post)

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
      wow. why now? (I haven't read anything on this besides your post)
      not sure why now...other than to get the search started? Trading deadline has passed?
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Saw Haudricourts tweets at the same time as the post. Maybe the writing was on the wall that he wasn't going to get his contract extension, and is gracefully allowing someone to take the reigns. Plus, this give Attanasio two extra months of search time instead of having this take place in October (or later).
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Maybe they want Dombrowski?
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Well everything I've heard was that Melvin was stepping down after this season...so the writing certainly was on the wall...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Looks like it might have something to do with the owners meetings this week so Attanasio can ask permission to interview candidates from other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                Saw a quote that said this was very unlikely.

Mark said he's interested in following the recent trend of younger GMs with analytical backgrounds, and not necessarily in baseball - but he's open. Should be interesting to see the list of names.

Counsell, who previously would have been a candidate, said he is not interested and he loves managing.

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring. I have lots of programming/logic/analytical experience, obviously I love baseball, I bring lots of homemade baked goods to work, and Hank the dog can visit my office whenever he wants. AND I'm a minority hire (in baseball, anyway). I'm pretty sure there's not a better candidate.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  They'd better get their checkbook.

I suspect he's either headed to Toronto or Boston, with my money on Toronto.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I would think AA's job is safe at this point and Cherington won a WS only two years ago. That's not to say Milwaukee is all that likely I'm just not sure about those two destinations making sense given their GMs' jobs should be relatively safe.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                      I'd like to throw my hat into the ring. I have lots of programming/logic/analytical experience, obviously I love baseball, I bring lots of homemade baked goods to work, and Hank the dog can visit my office whenever he wants. AND I'm a minority hire (in baseball, anyway). I'm pretty sure there's not a better candidate.
                      Well, Attanasio is still paying for Ron Roenicke for another year, hiring you couldn't be that expensive of a mistake.

And after reading your experience, I'm all for it! Get it done Mark Attansio!!!

I have experience bringing a championship to Milwaukee in MLB 2k8. Traded Rickie Weeks for Dan Uggla opening weekend and cruised to a World Series title in 2008. Am I eligible to throw my hat in the ring?
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

sadly, the Brewers are now done with the Phillies this season. At least they beat the few teams they're "supposed" to beat.

I'm not sure .500 is realistic this year, but it'd be nice to get out of the cellar.

edit: and hopefully I didn't just jinx them with Miami coming to town.

Comment

I realize a high draft pick in the MLB is nothing like a high draft pick in the NBA but I'd rather see this team do awful and get a higher pick (and hope the new regime is better at drafting pitchers).

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            I realize a high draft pick in the MLB is nothing like a high draft pick in the NBA but I'd rather see this team do awful and get a higher pick (and hope the new regime is better at drafting pitchers).
                            Hopefully they can get a Fielder or clean Braun out of the top 5 pick they should be getting next summer. Looking at the very early 2016 draft projections, most of the top 10 is pitchers...so who knows.

Comment

I've looked at all their drafts since 2005 and of the earlier picks the only guys I recognize are Lucroy, Braun and some of the mediocre pitching staff we've assembled. Then you see guys like Khris Davis who have probably defied expectations, and that's basically it. I realize the MLB draft is more of a crap shoot than other sports but man, I feel like that's probably the first place I'd look when trying to figure out where Melvin went wrong.

Comment

Koehler pitching for Marlins today. Bad juju for the Brewers!
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X