Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 SNC Hockey Season...Another shot @ #6....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
    1:41 of 5 on 3 time, no dice.
    Not gonna score many when you put one shot on net in that situation.

Comment

Re: 2019-20 SNC Hockey Season...Another shot @ #6....

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
      Not gonna score many when you put one shot on net in that situation.
      It's much safer to pass the puck around the perimeter for the entire powerplay. You wouldn't want to risk a freak rebound leading to a short handed breakaway.
      5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Despite the early struggles, still just one point out of the North division lead.
        Two key games with Marian this coming weekend.
        SNC Men:
        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
        SNC Women:
        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

It’s like I heard coach Coghlin say a couple years ago; teams like SNC, Point, and Adrian, they’re not getting any better. They are pulling in the same type of players they historically have been. It’s the other teams who are now attracting those same players. Look at Aaron O’Neill for LFC. He was probably the best player on the ice all weekend in their SNC series. He played 2 seasons in the USHL and 2 seasons in the BCHL. Ended up at LFC. If you look at LFC’s recruiting class from 5-10 years ago it would have been comprised of prep school and Tier 3 junior kids. That’s what is changing.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
            It’s like I heard coach Coghlin say a couple years ago; teams like SNC, Point, and Adrian, they’re not getting any better. They are pulling in the same type of players they historically have been. It’s the other teams who are now attracting those same players.
            Makes sense. The talent pool is getting bigger but the top of the talent pool is not getting better.

Comment

It's a tough adjustment as a fan when the worst season I've seen to date was 2014-15 when they started 11-0-1 and barely missed the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                It's a tough adjustment as a fan when the worst season I've seen to date was 2014-15 when they started 11-0-1 and barely missed the NCAA tournament.
                I'm old, but the first game of my senior season, SNC's goalie set a then-school record with 69 saves. And SNC lost 21-1. Four of the six wins that year were against Lawrence (Concordia and Hamline were the other two.)

This will likely be the first week since Clinton was president that SNC isn't in the uscho.com poll.
                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                ---
                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                  I'm old, but the first game of my senior season, SNC's goalie set a then-school record with 69 saves. And SNC lost 21-1. Four of the six wins that year were against Lawrence (Concordia and Hamline were the other two.)

This will likely be the first week since Clinton was president that SNC isn't in the uscho.com poll.
                  January 15, 2001 was the last poll St. Norbert was unranked, so it was the last week Clinton was president. This was in the notes last week. St. Norbert would have likely been ranked if the poll was 15 teams at that time like it is now, since St. Norbert was 10-5-2 the last time it was unranked. The streak ends at 325 consecutive polls.

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                    I'm old, but the first game of my senior season, SNC's goalie set a then-school record with 69 saves. And SNC lost 21-1.
                    Was that against Point?

I didn't see SNC lose in person until my senior year. It was the first (and only...at least for a few more weeks) time they've ever lost to Lawrence, and only the third time they've ever blown a home lead after two periods.

Comment

Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
                      January 15, 2001 was the last poll St. Norbert was unranked, so it was the last week Clinton was president. This was in the notes last week. St. Norbert would have likely been ranked if the poll was 15 teams at that time like it is now, since St. Norbert was 10-5-2 the last time it was unranked. The streak ends at 325 consecutive polls.
                      Unreal streak and stat.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Didn’t even receive one vote in the USCHO poll.

Comment

Originally posted by d3hockey57 View Post
                          Didn’t even receive one vote in the USCHO poll.
                          Quality observation there Chief

Comment

If you want to watch the SNC - Stevenson game on a big screen, the Mustangs have their own channel on ROKU.

They also stream to the PC or other device.

Me? I'll be there.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
                              Yuck
                              A very concise summary of the first 9 games.

Comment

Maybe sncsid can answer this question -- Why aren't there goal judges at the Cornerstone this season?

Comment

Working...
                                X