Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Not only would McConnell not lift a finger, Trump routinely agreed to even smaller amounts in 2017 until Stephen Miller whispers in his ear and shuts it down, leaving the Democratic base infuriated with Pelosi and Schumer for offering a wall while also accomplishing nothing
    And they would be wrong. But, it's like Medicare for All. The party sucks at messaging and it's infuriating.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That isnt the Party being bad at messaging...that is certain sections of the base being against any concessions for any reason. The #NoMiddleGround crowd.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        That isnt the Party being bad at messaging...that is certain sections of the base being against any concessions for any reason. The #NoMiddleGround crowd.
        We're beyond middle ground. We offered a compromise already and it was rejected. We need to make an offer he either cannot refuse or will suffer politically for refusing.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          We're beyond middle ground. We offered a compromise already and it was rejected. We need to make an offer he either cannot refuse or will suffer politically for refusing.
          There is no offer he cant refuse. If he makes that deal the racists revolt. Every time he hints at a DACA deal they are out en masse like Bernie Bots after a poll is released. Even the Wall isnt enough.

Unless we make a deal where all the DACA recipients end up in Dachau he cant afford a deal.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

No, that's just a tactic.

#nomiddleground is a card you play during a negotiation. My proposal is to expropriate all the wealth of everyone with over $10M in assets and send them to a rendering plant to be made into rainbow flag pins. You won't even consider taking all their wealth but letting them live out their lives in Flint, MI! Therefore you are #nomiddleground.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              No, that's just a tactic.

#nomiddleground is a card you play during a negotiation. My proposal is to expropriate all the wealth of everyone with over $10M in assets and send them to a rendering plant to be made into rainbow flag pins. You won't even consider taking all their wealth but letting them live out their lives in Flint, MI! Therefore you are #nomiddleground.
              Sorry but they arent negotiating. I know you want to believe in their purity but the facts dont bare it out. We will see where they stand if Bernie loses.

Note: not all Bernie fans are these people.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Not only would McConnell not lift a finger, Trump routinely agreed to even smaller amounts in 2017 until Stephen Miller whispers in his ear and shuts it down, leaving the Democratic base infuriated with Pelosi and Schumer for offering a wall while also accomplishing nothing
                This. The Trumpiest 25% of the Trumpsters were opposed to trading DACA for the wall, since it's basically a given that at least 2/3 of them would become D voters upon attaining citizenship.

Comment

Sorry but they arent negotiating. I know you want to believe in their purity but the facts dont bare it out. We will see where they stand if Bernie loses.
                  In all honesty: how would you know? What is the basis for your beliefs about this set of people other than media narratives which are at best facile and which, given the ownership of media, are highly suspect?
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

How the Roberts Court Abandoned Bipartisan Consensus

Originally posted by Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse
                    Seventy-three of these decisions are marked by a few characteristics: One, it’s 5–4, they haven’t tried to get a real majority, just a bare majority. Two, the 5–4 breaks along partisan lines. And three, there’s a big Republican donor interest at stake. There are 73 of those cases, and 73 for 73, the big Republican donor interest won. And I do think that calling out the emperors as having no clothes might create just a little bit of shame on their part and a little bit of caution about what they are doing to the reputation of the court. So we’ve got to be more analytic and thoughtful about this.

Comment

7th Circuit: We Are Not Amused.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Sorry, but which party won't negotiate, Kep?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          I'll let the legal beagles chime in, but unfortunately the case for keeping DACA doesn't seem that strong. Basically its that if one President can essentially sign an executive order shielding these people, another President has the right to rescind that order. Proof that elections have consequences (although truth be told after talking to trix he's convinced me that Hillary also would have rescinded DACA ).
                          Says the guy who didn’t know ICE existed until 2 years ago.
                          Last edited by trixR4kids; 11-13-2019, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            Says the guy who didn’t know ICE existed until 2 years ago.
                            What are you talking about?
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              What are you talking about?
                              Trix implying yer stupid
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Trix implying yer stupid
                                Which is all well and good, I just don't understand the part about me not knowing ICE existed until two years ago. With a spouse who worked many years with foreign students I know more about ICE than I'd like to.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X