This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Not all of us live in a fantasyland where Maine wins every game it plays. Even downing Allen's 24/7 won't make you that delusional. You must have moved on to harder stuff.
    Lol. Wash the sand out of your under carriage.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

College hockey has changed so much.....Maine has a terrific goaltender which is now even more important because of the parity of talent across the college hockey landscape in other positions. If they can make it into the NCAAs......who knows what can happen? How ironic would it be for Gendron to win it all this season? I would probably have to send him a personal letter of apology.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
        College hockey has changed so much.....Maine has a terrific goaltender which is now even more important because of the parity of talent across the college hockey landscape in other positions. If they can make it into the NCAAs......who knows what can happen? How ironic would it be for Gendron to win it all this season? I would probably have to send him a personal letter of apology.
        On to northeastern.

2-13-1 under Gendron.

Don’t be like that politician, just focus on task at hand. No matter how much sand is in her under carriage.
        Last edited by BlackI; 11-21-2019, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
          How ironic would it be for Gendron to win it all this season?
          Jesus, I didn't think the opioid epidemic was THAT bad in Maine but this post has given me reason to reconsider the severity of the problem.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Jesus, I didn't think the opioid epidemic was THAT bad in Maine but this post has given me reason to reconsider the severity of the problem.
            Im thinking acid is the current drug of choice. If you are going to dream might as well dream big.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              This thread went from "We're terrible and Red should be fired!" to "We should go undefeated the rest of the season and Red is COTY!" in record time. Casual fans trying to catch up on this thread after a couple weeks off will need to be treated for whiplash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                It's Nov, days are short and drinking time is extended.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                  Don't draft that letter just yet.

But -as you say- Maine has a shot at the NCAA's on Swayman's back, and by dint of their soft schedule going forward. I wouldn't predict such a thing, but I won't rule it out, either... Certainly it's a very long shot, no matter how you slice it.

HEA stinks right now, and Maine has a terrible O (the worst of all of Red's bad classes, IMO). If Jeremy somehow carries this team to The Show, that'll constitute a minor miracle...Yet, if that happens, Sway could steal some games there.

Not betting the farm on that, but it's been a fun ride so far. And Red has basically been a by-stander. He needs to go, in any case.
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-21-2019, 08:22 PM.

Comment

This thread went from "We're terrible and Red should be fired!" to "We should go undefeated the rest of the season and Red is COTY!" in record time. Casual fans trying to catch up on this thread after a couple weeks off will need to be treated for whiplash.
                    Has anyone said any of this? Consensus opinion seems to be “its all swayman and we’re afraid its going to end at any moment”

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                      Has anyone said any of this? Consensus opinion seems to be “its all swayman and we’re afraid its going to end at any moment”
                      You are right, everyone is pinning there hopes on Swayman...as he is the reason this season has some hope...but he has to have his time on the Soap Box, you know always be different...no matter what. You say yes and he will say no...you say black he will say white...etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                        No, nobody has said any of that. But just think if Sway takes them to the NCAAs or HE championship Red will get credit and possibly get Coach of the year award . Should be good for extension
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          No. Win.

No politics. Just win.
                          Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          Hmm.. you are advocating we lose?
                          Nope. No one.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            No, nobody has said any of that. But just think if Sway takes them to the NCAAs or HE championship Red will get credit and possibly get Coach of the year award . Should be good for extension
                            He'll get the extension anyway.

But yeah, if a team that was picked eighth in the coaches' poll wins Hockey East then the coach might get some of the credit.

Comment

He'll get the extension anyway.

But yeah, if a team that was picked eighth in the coaches' poll wins Hockey East then the coach might get some of the credit.
                              I wonder how much longer he even wants to keep at it. He's turning 62 in a few days, he's no spring chicken anymore.

Comment

Dave picks a Northeastern sweep; Jim picks a split.

Comment

Working...
                                X