Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I listened to the Fleck interview post game with tears not afraid to admit. This school and the hockey, football and hockey teams were a huge part of overcoming an illness with my dad when I was a kid and Gophers sports was my medicine thanks to a tremendously supportive and charitable family friend. I cannot describe the emotions right now. This game doesn't change life, doesn't solve cancer, doesn't cure anything. But we all have sources of meaning and even though this win wasn't anything in the grand scheme of things, my heart is still racing even this long after the game has ended.
    I can vividly recall saturday afternoons hunting ducks with my father. Whenever we were in the car we were listening to Ray Christensen call gopher football. His voice and gopher football evoke all those memories: fall air, the smell of decaying leaves in the woods and sloughs, the natural quiet, my father.

Comment

I almost went back and edited to pick Alabama. Glad I didn’t.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        For the first time in my life, losing to Iowa or Wisconsin would feel like a let down.

This feeling is amazing. I haven’t felt it since 0.6. It’s hard to describe. I’m just so happy.
        Even if they lose one of those games (next week could be letdown game)...still going to Big Ten title game. Based on Wisconsin's recent performance I'd say Minnesota wins that game.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Even if they lose one of those games (next week could be letdown game)...still going to Big Ten title game. Based on Wisconsin's recent performance I'd say Minnesota wins that game.
          From what I saw of UM today, they win against WI. OSU will beat either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            From what I saw of UM today, they win against WI. OSU will beat either of them.
            As long as everyone remembers Appalachian St vs MI, MN could beat OSU.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              As long as everyone remembers Appalachian St vs MI, MN could beat OSU.
              Holy Cross, you're right!

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                AIC, you're right!
                Fixed that for you.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  It's a scarf. It's not like they vandalized it with paint or damaged it or anything.

Also, fck Penn State.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Also, fck Penn State.
                    Agreed. Might as well return the favor.

Comment

Alabama's down 12 with 6 minutes to go, and it feels like they're going to win this thing.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        Fixed that for you.
                        Too soon *****...
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          Too soon *****...
                          I had to. One, because it's factual (bigger upset), and two, it's funny.

That being said, I didn't say a WORD for months after that upset. I know better.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            I had to. One, because it's factual (bigger upset), and two, it's funny.

That being said, I didn't say a WORD for months after that upset. I know better.
                            When people are taking our wrestling win over them today as "redemption." That one hurt...
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              When people are taking our wrestling win over them today as "redemption." That one hurt...
                              Ohhhhhhhhh, ooooooooo, ok that is harsh. Ouch. F'real

Comment

Jesus. Alabama just won't go away.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X