X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

Mookie watched iron man and iron man 2. Decent enough

When young mookie bought his share of comic books and was never really a fan. Mookie made sure he got his peter Parker. Iron man never caught his eye
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

IM1 is better than "decent." Of the 5000+ comic book movies there are only a half dozen that are actually novel and interesting. IM1 is one of those.

Black Panther
      Captain America
      Deadpool
      Guardians of the Galaxy
      IM1
      Spiderverse
      Wonder Woman

That's about it.
      Last edited by Kepler; 08-22-2019, 02:51 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        IM1 is better than "decent." Of the 5000+ comic book movies there are only a half dozen that are actually novel and interesting. IM1 is one of those.

Black Panther
        Captain America
        Deadpool
        Guardians of the Galaxy
        IM1
        Spiderverse
        Wonder Woman

That's about it.
        Teen Titans Go to the Movies

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          Teen Titans Go to the Movies
          X-Men 2 did a very good job too. It maybe didn't hit new ground, but it portrayed a lot of comic book scenes on screen in a manner that was probably the best up until that time.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            2 and 3 were filmed together. The fans had zero to do with it it was always supposed to be that way.
            Ah, gotcha. Thank you for the info.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Sgt pepper’s lonely hearts club band.

Um, yah
              Joe Perry has to be top 10 coolest guys all time. Maybe top 5

Mookie bets this movie influenced Kepler in his youth. The “we hate love, we hate joy, we love money” brain washing made Kepler vow to fight evil like the future villain band at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                The one with the BeeGees for some reason?

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  The one with the BeeGees for some reason?
                  Yup.

How much money did Steven Tyler demand to be killed by Peter Frampton???

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Um, yah
                    Joe Perry has to be top 10 coolest guys all time. Maybe top 5

Mookie bets this movie influenced Kepler in his youth. The “we hate love, we hate joy, we love money” brain washing made Kepler vow to fight evil like the future villain band at all costs.
                    Gotta admit, I not only have never seen this movie, I don't think I've even ever seen a scene from it. My Beatles-loving older sibs both warned me off it.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Who is the guy in "Long Shot" who reminds me of Ice Cube? **checks Wikipedia** OK, it's his son who also played him in "Straight Outta Compton", make sense.

KDR

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        Who is the guy in "Long Shot" who reminds me of Ice Cube? **checks Wikipedia** OK, it's his son who also played him in "Straight Outta Compton", make sense.
                        Cube's kid? Spittin' image. It's unreal. Even the speech nuances.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          Cube's kid? Spittin' image. It's unreal. Even the speech nuances.
                          Seriously, right?

The weird part is the scene is SOC where he's writing the script for "Friday" and his kid is watching TV in the background so like he's playing his dad and some other kid is playing him and he's at like the vortex of time or something.
                          Last edited by French Rage; 08-24-2019, 11:40 PM.

KDR

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Seriously, right?
                            The looks, I expected. That certain speech pattern? Holy crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              Seriously, right?

The weird part is the scene is SOC where he's writing the script for "Friday" and his kid is watching TV in the background so like he's playing his dad and some other kid is playing him and he's at like the vortex of time or something.
                              A scene which comes after one of the best scenes of all time where he basically mentions himself.
                              Last edited by Jimjamesak; 08-25-2019, 01:49 AM.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I got rid of Movie Pass and joined the new Regal Unlimited last night. I saved over $1000 with MoviePass over three years so I'd say it worked out for me. Now on to Regal.

My first movie was Ready or Not which is a charming horror/comedy with a good runtime of 87 minutes. It was at 87% on the Tomatometer and had an 81% crowd score. The overall plot was predictable (I guessed the ending shortly after the opening credits) but how you got there is both creative and fun. There are a few good jump scares and the tension is set at the right level for most scenes. They release that tension with some good comedy - intentional laughs, not the accidental type most bad horror films achieve. I went in with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Not a smash hit or anywhere near the best horror this year, but it was fun to watch. I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. Kepler might actually enjoy it for the social commentary (but wait for it on streaming).

Comment

Working...
                                X