• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
    That's what the tickets say.
    Read
    That's what the tickets read.

Tickets no talkie
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: Frozen Four Tickets Are Out

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Read
      That's what the tickets read.

Tickets no talkie
      Mine talk to me.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        I have, going back to my first FF in 1981, so why quit now?

But I do believe the customer should have the choice.
        I like the paper tickets, the Red Sox give me that option for my season tickets and I opt for the paper tickets.

I also like the option the Red Sox offer where they actually mail them to the shipping address associated with my account.

Comment

For what I pay for the tickets, I want something sturdy, that feels substantial in my hands! Just kidding.

I’m a souvenir keeper, so I’m OK with the current system. I also buy a ridiculously overpriced program, for the same reason. When I get home, I dutifully record the score on each ticket and tape the overpriced ticket to the overpriced program. And I move all the souvenir pins to my souvenir hat and hang the hat with the others.

But I think that the “in this digital age” argument strikes both ways, because modern technology can mitigate the danger of tickets being, lost, stolen, or misdelivered. For Columbus, we never received our tickets. When we arrived in Columbus we went to the box office and got our tickets replaced easily (of course that was Columbus, so we might have been better off eating our balcony seats for the lower bowl center ice tickets that were readily available cheap). Since they scan the tickets, they would know if someone tried to use the ones that got misplaced.

Regarding choice of ticket medium, be careful what you wish for. My guess is that eventually you will have to pay for a souvenir ticket. It is, after all, by far the most expensive ticket delivery system. Won’t be too long before most folks get in with wave of their smart phones.

Comment

I love collecting my ticket stubs for every event I go to. When you get a chance to check them out again several years later you'll be surprised at what you remember and the memories those little pieces of paper conjure up.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              I love collecting my ticket stubs for every event I go to. When you get a chance to check them out again several years later you'll be surprised at what you remember and the memories those little pieces of paper conjure up.
              I am a ticket stub fanatic. I have tickets from every Frozen Four, from every Emmy Awards, etc. I love getting the paper tickets and hope it continues. I got mine for this year, BTW.

Comment

I like my season tickets where BU sends me the sheet where one can rip off individual games as needed. Or you can log into ticketmaster and print up a sheet of paper.
                This year they added where one can download it to your phone via passbook (which I did all year)

Then I keep the ticket sheets whole

When BU won in 2009 I took that ticket sheet with me to the year end hockey banquet and had the entire team sign it.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                X