Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Disagree. Upper-middle class Millennials have seen the greed of their Boomer parents, and most of us aren't having any of that "second home on the lake up north" nonsense.
    Right now. That will change. As they get more they will want more just like everyone else. Millenials are no better than anyone and in fact are worse in some ways.

Boomers are greedy because they were treated like precious flowers by their parents and never wanted for jack crap. Millenials are greedy because their Boomer/Gen X parents gave them everything, made them work for nothing and never were held accountable. They will not only want everything, but when it isnt available via Prime Next Day they will twitter destroy whatever company or person is in their wake.

Every generation is the same.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Right now. That will change. As they get more they will want more just like everyone else. Millenials are no better than anyone and in fact are worse in some ways.

Boomers are greedy because they were treated like precious flowers by their parents and never wanted for jack crap. Millenials are greedy because their Boomer/Gen X parents gave them everything, made them work for nothing and never were held accountable. They will not only want everything, but when it isnt available via Prime Next Day they will twitter destroy whatever company or person is in their wake.

There is always greater variance within than between. Generations. Nationalities. Ethnicities. Races. Genders. Sexualities.

People are people; more's the pity.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        I don't know what your employer pays versus the average in the area, but when the unemployment rate is this low everybody has a hard time finding employees. If you're not seeing at least $15/hr, then it's going to be all the harder.
        Oh, they're paying that. One of the drivers said he thought the warehouse guys were getting $19. They're also pulling 14 hour shifts.

And that's the thing. My employer pays pretty well, and offers great benefits. We just had our first employee-share health cost increase since I've been working for them, five years now. I had shoulder surgery last year, and other than PT copays, my total out of pocket costs were less than $700.

But still can't find people.
        Last edited by rufus; 07-31-2019, 03:32 PM.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

You better hope not. Cause if millenials end up the same as Boomers this planet is ****ed.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            Trucking is a shadow of what it once was. I live in an area that has been a boomtown for warehouses for the past 10 years. The amount of damage trucks have done is unbelievable.

Many modern truckers have little/no training and have no clue what the hell they are doing. You see trucks constantly cutting corners, getting stuck awkwardly at fuel stops and parking lots, and constantly not signaling/checking blind spots. I'm amazed the can back the rig into a dock cause they sure as hell show they have no control away from the docks.

This is verging into stereotype territory here, so forgive me: Many drivers around here are of Eastern European decent. Many were quite obviously born in Europe. Let's just say that Eastern European culture does not help these guys out when they get into situations
            Last month I was pit maneuvered by an 18 wheeler driven by an Eastern European on the expressway south of Chicago. He essentially drove his truck directly into my lane. Luckily it was heavy traffic so we were going slow (40mph) and everyone stopped when I was turned sideways on the highway. First thing he says when he jumps out of his truck to find my small Subaru on the front of his truck "no insurance, we will pay you out of pocket." Rest assured, I got the $6,000 in repairs through his insurance. Huge pain in the *** but everyone was unharmed so overall very lucky.
            In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
            I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              You better hope not. Cause if millenials end up the same as Boomers this planet is ****ed.
              I have some bad news for you.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Generations don't mean anything. There are exactly the same percentage of greedy as-sholes in every generation.
                Disagree. There are defining moments which shape generations. The boomers leveraged their demographic power in an entirely selfish manner. The boomers took FDRs New Deal and spat out trickle down economics. The boomers gave us Reagan and Trump.
                Last edited by unofan; 07-31-2019, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                  Last month I was pit maneuvered by an 18 wheeler driven by an Eastern European on the expressway south of Chicago. He essentially drove his truck directly into my lane. Luckily it was heavy traffic so we were going slow (40mph) and everyone stopped when I was turned sideways on the highway. First thing he says when he jumps out of his truck to find my small Subaru on the front of his truck "no insurance, we will pay you out of pocket." Rest assured, I got the $6,000 in repairs through his insurance. Huge pain in the *** but everyone was unharmed so overall very lucky.
                  Driving through Iowa this past winter, a big rig almost put my wife and I off the road after passing us in the middle of a snow storm. We looked over, he's chugging along at 75-80 in white-out conditions. We also drive a smaller Subaru. We dang near should've worn the brown pants for that drive home.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Disagree.
                    I agree with lawyer boy.

We're each shaped by our parents. We will see the world in many different ways than they do, and in many ways the same. However, children who pay attention will see the errors of their parents' ways and try to go for something different.

Pertaining to my situation, not only do real estate companies show that Millennials aren't buying homes, they don't want to take on the burden of a single-family home. That's a huge departure from my generation. We weren't buying homes in our 20s, but we still wanted them.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Yeah I need to find a guy with a lake house up north.
                      I'm inheriting my grandparents' place on Lake Huron. That doesn't count in my previous spiel, right?

Comment

Disagree. There are defining moments which shape generations. The boomers leveraged their demographic power in an entirely selfish manner. The boomers took FDRs New Deal and spat out trickle down economics. The boomers gave us Reagan and Trump.
                        But not BO?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Disagree. Upper-middle class Millennials have seen the greed of their Boomer parents, and most of us aren't having any of that "second home on the lake up north" nonsense.
                          We aren't?
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                            ...First thing he says when he jumps out of his truck to find my small Subaru on the front of his truck ...
                            Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            ...We also drive a smaller Subaru. ...
                            So what I'm reading is that if I ever want to be the target of a truck driver who can't pass an eye exam, drive a Subaru? I'll stick with my Chevy that has never been a truck driver target.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              But not BO?
                              Gen X brought us him. Boomers, still hurt from the end of segregation, couldn't stand taking orders from a ****** and gave us Trump.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I believe the light is always changing angle and intensity, but it's being refracted through the same prism. The changing patterns you see are because the light source is moving, not the prism.

I'm not trying to convince you. I just wanted to make certain I was making my theory clear. I think I understand your theory and I can see ways in which it might happen (the distribution of good and bad people is driven by the same changes -- it's not a prism, it's soup and some conditions produce tastier soup). I've reflected on this and found my theory A more convincing to me, but I think I can see why you hold theory B.

Disagreement among smarties is good.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X