Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Lakes Invitational goes back INSIDE

At least Denver is not here this year.

Hope all the Tech fans enjoy the gatherings and the games.

Re: Great Lakes Invitational goes back INSIDE

Looking forward to attending my second GLI. Hopefully the weekend games and the addition of Western add to the attendance.

Who would have thought that the only team above .500 would be Western? I would have said not a chance, there should be at least 3 teams above .500.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

JLA had to fit it in on a Sat-Sun this year because of the switch from outdoors, and the arena was booked for Jeff Dunham IIRC.

Nonetheless, WMU will be the favorite as the surrogate for the team that originally was invited, SCSU. Ironically, they would be the only above .500 team in the tourney also if they were not snubbed. Good for WMU fans, I hope you fill it up, b/c casual MSU and Michigan fans will probably opt out this year. M Tech fans usually come in good numbers, quite a few in the Detroit area.

Comment

I love this thread. Why are it rate so baD?

Comment

There's a chance I'd be able to go to the championship game, maybe see the last period or two of the consolation, but I'll probably only pull the trigger if State makes the title. MSU-UM would be fun for the rivalry aspect, but MSU-MTU would be a nice one too. Looks like a Spartan-Huskie title game hasn't happened since 2000.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            There's a chance I'd be able to go to the championship game, maybe see the last period or two of the consolation, but I'll probably only pull the trigger if State makes the title. MSU-UM would be fun for the rivalry aspect, but MSU-MTU would be a nice one too. Looks like a Spartan-Huskie title game hasn't happened since 2000.
            If WMU shows up at Comerica on day 1, I'll buy for the championship.

Comment

If Hildebrand is in net they've got a shot. All the blowouts so far have come with Yanakeff at goaltender. Hildebrand gives the team a shot, they just don't have the offense right now.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                If Hildebrand is in net they've got a shot. All the blowouts so far have come with Yanakeff at goaltender. Hildebrand gives the team a shot, they just don't have the offense right now.
                seems like the deblouw-berry-Darnell kids are the only thing producing. And they're all comley's recruits (his last hurrah). Reimer & Wolfe miss dchelios big time and Anastos needs to figure out how to get those two going. Love to see him put hoomaian up there I can see him breaking big one of these days.

Comment

Tech will need to shakeup the lines without Blake P.
                  Play D. Johnstone a ton and pair Gordic with J. Johnstone to add scoring to the third line.

This is the year the drought ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                    Tech will need to shakeup the lines without Blake P.
                    Play D. Johnstone a ton and pair Gordic with J. Johnstone to add scoring to the third line.

This is the year the drought ends.
                    That is a big hit losing him. Hey I winced a bit when you mentioned the first Johnstone c'est la vie. State may have the best goaltender in the GLI and we couldn't say that since maybe 2008. I dare say however that this is Western's title to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                      I love this thread. Why are it rate so baD?
                      SCSU fans are torqued you rescinded our invitation. Guess we will have to take it out on NMU in a few weeks.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        SCSU fans are torqued you rescinded our invitation. Guess we will have to take it out on NMU in a few weeks.
                        They already lost to us... US... in the NCAAs. What more embarrassing thing can we do to them?
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                          State may have the best goaltender in the GLI and we couldn't say that since maybe 2008.
                          I was gonna add "and we probably could have had a literal brick wall in net that year and still would h ave lost" but then remembered that we beat NoDak in that first game.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            They already lost to us... US... in the NCAAs. What more embarrassing thing can we do to them?
                            Great point. Absolutely nothing.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              Woah, hey now! That's not our fault. You can go talk to Tech and UM about that. We don't host, we just get invited every year because we don't mess up the place when we come over.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X