Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhous

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
    tUMD @ Miami probabilities:

tUMD 6 points 75%
    tUMD 5 points 3%
    tUMD 4 points 2%
    tUMD 3 points 15%
    tUMD 2 points 2%
    tUMD 1 point 2%
    tUMD Zip 1%
    15% happened. Very disappointed in the loss on Friday, they really shouldn't be losing to teams like Miami. Yes it was a road game and Larkin played really well but if you want to win the league you simply cannot do that. They are 5-4-1 right now. They need to make up some of these points so sweeping CC would be a great start. BUT CC played really well against a rebuilding SCSU team.

The next three weeks are gonna be important. Sweep CC, Split against MSU and then split or better against Omaha and things may not look so bad.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Re: UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhous

CC @ tUMD 22-23 November

tUMD 6 points 40%
      tUMD 5 points 5%
      tUMD 4 points 5%
      tUMD 3 points 35%
      tUMD 2 points 3%
      tUMD 1 point 2%
      tUMD Zip 10%

Expect poor attendane at Amsoil due to Christmas City of the North parade on Friday and Bentlyville Tour of Lights opening on Saturday. Bentlyville is that annoying neighbor trying to have the biggest Christmas light display....on steroids.
      tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

when CC tied it up with their goalie pulled I didn’t lose too much faith as it seems we’ve seen ‘dogs score many last minute goals. Did not disappoint tonight either.
        Perunovich has had an assist on the last 8-9 UMD goals?!?!
        I know it’s early still but I always keep my eye on pairwise. We’re #12 now not bad if we can keep on improving. 5 NCHC teams in the top 12–kinda surprising as it doesn’t feel like we’ve had a strong OOC record
        Last edited by UMD21; 11-23-2019, 09:13 AM.
        I wanna go fast!

Comment

We’re #8 in poll and pairwise. Pairwise is still very volatile this early but I’d say that all seems about right.
          I’m surprised nobody is talking about this weekend being the Sandelin vs Sandelin matchup. His so. Ryan is a freshman, #14 at Mankato
          I wanna go fast!

Comment

I am just excited to watch two really good teams. Plus it's the second number one team in the nation to visit Amsoil this year.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              I am just excited to watch two really good teams. Plus it's the second number one team in the nation to visit Amsoil this year.

The way NoDak is playing, there could be a third before the year's over. I wonder what the "record" for something like that is.

Comment

Welp... pairwise is still volatile, but it’s hard to question that UND and Mankato are the best two teams in the country right now. We haven’t played UND, but I’ve seen them play DU and Minnesota and it’s safe to say those outcomes made it pretty obvious. We gotta start winning but at least there are worse things to happen in the pairwise then getting swept by Mankato.
                Anyone see that lightbulb go off over Puricelli’s head when he was in that shoving match until he realized it was Sandelin?

Trivia! Judd said this was the first non-conference sweep UMD has ever been dealt since 2005: who was that against? That would also mean this was our first NC sweep at Amsoil.
                I assume last NCHC sweep was against Denver a couple years ago?
                Last edited by UMD21; 11-30-2019, 10:38 PM.
                I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                  Welp... pairwise is still volatile, but it’s hard to question that UND and Mankato are the best two teams in the country right now. We haven’t played UND, but I’ve seen them play DU and Minnesota and it’s safe to say those outcomes made it pretty obvious. We gotta start winning but at least there are worse things to happen in the pairwise then getting swept by Mankato.
                  Anyone see that lightbulb go off over Puricelli’s head when he was in that shoving match until he realized it was Sandelin?

Trivia! Judd said this was the first non-conference sweep UMD has ever been dealt since 2005: who was that against? That would also mean this was our first NC sweep at Amsoil.
                  North Dakota won two 3-0 games in Duluth in 2015-16.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    UMD21 is right...DU swept UMD in December 2017. Last time UMD was swept at home.

Disapointing weekend but Minnesota State just played much better. Just one game over 500 now. This team isn't as good as we thought...hopefully they will get some wins going now that the season is nearing the halfway point.

Absolutely nuts to see the blizzard and it’s effect on the crowd. Hopefully the Maverick fans got out of town at a decent hour today
                    tUMD Hockey

Comment

• Re: UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhous

UMD21 is right...DU swept UMD in December 2017. Last time UMD was swept at home.

Disapointing weekend but Minnesota State just played much better. Just one game over 500 now. This team isn't as good as we thought...hopefully they will get some wins going now that the season is nearing the halfway point.

Absolutely nuts to see the blizzard and it’s effect on the crowd. Hopefully the Maverick fans got out of town at a decent hour today
                      Yeah, I didn't know what the last one was. I just knew UND had a sweep in the 2016 season.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Re: UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhous

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post

I think I read it was against Bemidji State.

We're not very good right now. I did see some stat from Ciskie that last year we had 9 man-games lost total due to injuries. This year, we've already had 26. I don't think that's helping our case. We don't have the depth right now to lose a Swaney or Samberg for a weekend. It's been a frustrating year for sure. I'm hoping the winter break can get us back to somewhat healthy and we can start to see results go our way. MSU over-matched us the entire weekend.
                        "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

dogs2012 says alot of truth in his post.

Interview video with Perunovich posted on DNT in regards to the Mankato sweep: "It really puts it into perspective....if we thought we were good enough, clearly we're not. We have alot of work to do and we're willing to put in that work."

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
                            dogs2012 says alot of truth in his post.

Interview video with Perunovich posted on DNT in regards to the Mankato sweep: "It really puts it into perspective....if we thought we were good enough, clearly we're not. We have alot of work to do and we're willing to put in that work."
                            It's hard to explain WHY they are not doing so well. Injuries play a part but I wonder if they just are not working as hard as they should. Easy to do when you've won two national titles. The UNO series will be interesting to see how they respond. They should sweep them or take 5/6 points. Merrimack needs to be a sweep. They are not good and you need to take care of business against them.

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            I wanted to forget that.
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

It's hard to explain WHY they are not doing so well. Injuries play a part but I wonder if they just are not working as hard as they should. Easy to do when you've won two national titles. The UNO series will be interesting to see how they respond. They should sweep them or take 5/6 points. Merrimack needs to be a sweep. They are not good and you need to take care of business against them.
                              David is especially correct in saying Merrimack is a must sweep...just to even their non conf records.

As far as this weekend vs. UNO:

tUMD 6 points 35%
                              tUMD 5 points 10%
                              tUMD 4 points 10%
                              tUMD 3 points 30%
                              tUMD 2 points 5%
                              tUMD 1 point 5%
                              tUMD Zip 5%

Comment

Hello from Omaha!

Took the UMD fan bus for the first time. Nice to not have to drive. Gonna be nice to have 50 plus UMD fans at the game tonight. Go dogs!
                                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X