X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
    Funny, everybody here worrying about climate change as they post comments from their electricity driven phone, IPAD or whatever. . .
    You can save the world. Don’t comment.😀
    We're all the problem. That's the point.

Comment

New topic? Sooooo… reading this morning that Vermont's Joey Cipollone has entered the transfer portal; being a sophomore, does that mean he would have to sit out a year? Would UNH be interested in him?
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        New topic? Sooooo… reading this morning that Vermont's Joey Cipollone has entered the transfer portal; being a sophomore, does that mean he would have to sit out a year? Would UNH be interested in him?
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea8GyscSFaQ
        The Souza record:
        15-16 10th place
        16-17 10th place
        17-18 11th place
        18-19 8th place
        19-20 9th place
        20-21 10th place
        21-22 9th place
        22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
          hahaha....he's a very nice one at that (as per the skit)
          Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-14-2019, 08:31 AM.
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

"The axe forgets what the tree remembers."
            - African Proverb

Comment

Scorers are born, not developed.

https://bchl.ca/stats/player/5588/40/john-evans

(Scouting the scoreboard) Now goals in back to back games for Evans. Question is whether UNH can (a) can wait to see a larger sample size, and (b) has money/spots up front for him (yes in 2022, maybe not if he's 2021)
              Last 6 games 6-6-3-9

SA @ WK 2019-11-23 2-1-3
              PR @ WK 2019-11-29 0-0-0
              NAN @ WK 2019-11-30 1-1-2
              WK @ PEN 2019-12-06 0-0-0
              PEN @ WK 2019-12-07 1-1-2
              WK @ TRA 2019-12-13 2-0-2

11-20-2018, 06:03 PM#33
              Dan

Yes please. Goal scorers. They need a few John Evanses. I'd also take their former DHA teammate Brandon Santa Juana. And another former teammate Trey Taylor (Ty Taylor's little brother) continues to play at lot for Vernon at 16...
              Last edited by NCAA watcher; 12-14-2019, 09:38 AM.
              The Souza record:
              15-16 10th place
              16-17 10th place
              17-18 11th place
              18-19 8th place
              19-20 9th place
              20-21 10th place
              21-22 9th place
              22-23 10th place

Comment

Been away for 3 pages. WtheF is happening here? When do we play again? Not soon enough.
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  But Chuck’s backyard isn’t flooded and it was cold last Saturday so how can the seas possibly be rising or the atmosphere warming?

—-

Chuck -

First of all you attempted to cite The Federalist? Lol

Your arguments are garden variety, regurgitated and partisan talking points. You misrepresented the real concerns of Climate activists, moved the goal posts to no immediate catastrophe, no problem and bent over backwards to bury yourself in willful ignorance and cognitive dissonance regarding the topic at hand...

Why would I take you seriously and engage in a political conversation with you? At the moment, I still think you’re a smart guy and I believe you know very well you’re full of it on this issue - you’re just doing your duty as a good little party member.

Keep dropping posts like the one above and I’ll start to think you’re really don’t know the difference between Climate and Weather and that the physics of adding more water to a glass of water is actually too nuanced for you to understand...

Also, I have a pretty good idea when and why you changed your mind on Climate Change and it has nothing to do with personal experience...
                  This may be the most pompous, pretentious post you've ever written, Dan … and that's saying something.

If I post something on here, you can rest assure I mean it. And I don't take "talking points" from anyone.

You're free to disagree, and voice your own opinions (as is everyone else, including me).

Again, don't pee on my shoes and tell me it's raining. If you believe this "change" is truly (1) an existential threat, and (2) man-made, then why are you d!ck!ng around on a college hockey message board, and not sailing off to China or India to fix it for us? Show us some action, not this sanctimonious virtue-signaling BS.

BTW, my offer still stands if you have oceanfront property. Now both Algore AND President Obama own oceanfront property. Doesn't that at the very least arouse your sense of curiosity???

LATEST: The Portsmouth Traffic Circle is flooding as we speak. Climate change, right?!?
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    This may be the most pompous, pretentious post you've ever written, Dan … and that's saying something.
                    That's fine Chuck - it wasn't meant to be flattery. Just, remember (when you throw terms like pretentious around) who started this conversation excited about the opportunity to put naive lemmings who don't ask the right questions in their place (and who posted twice begging for my response). With apologies to Darius and others, this post really needs a response - but it will be my last thoughts on the matter.

If I post something on here, you can rest assure I mean it. And I don't take "talking points" from anyone.
                    Sure. Your party got paid to flip on what was a critical issue for them (perhaps even more so than the Dems). They profited for their denials - what's the benefit to you in all this?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/03/u...te-change.html

Again, don't pee on my shoes and tell me it's raining. If you believe this "change" is truly (1) an existential threat, and (2) man-made, then why are you d!ck!ng around on a college hockey message board, and not sailing off to China or India to fix it for us? Show us some action, not this sanctimonious virtue-signaling BS.
                    You have nothing to stand on in this debate if your resorting to this type of attack. Seriously Chuck, are YOU unable to do many things in your own life as a result of posting on this message board? That would be sad to hear. Personally, I (like most everyone else, I assume) am able to post here, have a job, a social life and more - and all in addition to supporting, donating to and actively fighting for many things I believe in. But if you need to convince yourself of the virtues of your own beliefs by pretending that anyone who doesn't work for Climate Change 24/7 doesn't really believe either than do your thing (and if you need to convince yourself, maybe that's a clue in and of itself)...

BTW, my offer still stands if you have oceanfront property. Now both Algore AND President Obama own oceanfront property. Doesn't that at the very least arouse your sense of curiosity???
                    LOL, I ignored this in my last post because I honestly thought you were joking. To recap, you posted a link to a bunch of random twitter posts in what I thought was humor but apparently was another source of yours on Climate Change. The fact that you would assume Obama purchasing ocean front property could ONLY mean he doesn't actually believe in Climate Change is the perfect illustration for how deeply you've buried your head in the sand, how biased you are and how disingenuous your arguments are on this topic...

It may be low hanging fruit to make that sort of joke (practically scraping the ground to be honest), but that's not what it has to mean at all. Does it not occur to you that Obama might care about Climate Change BECAUSE he likes the ocean and wishes to live on the coast - or does it just not fit your narrative? In a concept especially foreign to your party these days - perhaps he understands he has the means to take the risk of living on ocean front property and cares about Climate Change issues out of empathy for other people, both now and in the future...

I don't have any ocean front property - but I wouldn't sell it to you. I love the ocean and the seacoast. I'd move to an ocean front plot in Rye, tomorrow, if that was feasible at this stage of my life. That's why I give a ****. I don't live in an area that might flood (now or 50 years in the future) but I can still appreciate the risk for those that do (and will) because its not all about me...

Honestly, one could possibly disagree with timelines, severity or how to best stand up to Climate Change - but there is zero reason to pretend it doesn't exist unless one is looking to profit from said denial or validate ones political standing by doing so.

Were not only disrespecting the climate threat at this stage, were actively rolling back policy previously preventing things like dumping waste into rivers and pumping whatever gases/amounts we can into the air. Apparently out of spite as much as profit. I'm not sure you have to even believe in Climate Change to not want to see this level of pollution. Its quite simply dirty and gross. If there is a long-term added benefit too preventing this level of pollution all the better right? Apparently not for some...

LATEST: The Portsmouth Traffic Circle is flooding as we speak. Climate change, right?!?
                    So when predictions don't materialize exactly as laid out, its proof of Climate Change being a hoax. When predicted symptoms do pop up - its a fluke - and if the flooding doesn't stay permanently its not Climate Change and its not a big deal. Sure, you're the only objective one here ...

---

As for political conversation on this thread in general. Talking points from the right have been dropped into casual conversation a number of times over the years, by Chuck and others - this is just the first time they've had to deal with some push back. If the preference is that is to be avoided in the future, than maybe political points (in jest or otherwise) shouldn't be injected in the conversation to begin with. All of these issues can be discussed in the Cafe after all...
                    Last edited by Dan; 12-14-2019, 12:47 PM.
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      I would take Joey Cipollone in a heart beat. He scored nine goals for an offensively deprived Vermont team as a freshman and is on pace for similar numbers for an even more challenged team in 2019-20. He's a Blackburn type producer with better speed and would play in UNH's top six as currently constructed (IMO). He's not an elite scorer, but he is an upgrade. Though, I would accept the argument that scholarship money would be better spent on younger and more impactful incoming freshman who would offer up to four years of eligibility. He would have to sit out until next January, at least, depending on his academic progress...

He also has a younger brother, Anthony - who committed to UVM at 13 years old and was (at the time) the youngest commitment ever in college hockey. I'd take him, too.
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Scorers are born, not developed.

https://bchl.ca/stats/player/5588/40/john-evans
                        To touch on the thread title...

I can understand why people would lean Trending Upward at present. However, with the far more daunting schedule of the second half and the lack of progress (and regression - see Stutzle) in recruiting I have real concerns about leaning Treading Water come the end of the season...

Their recruiting strategy probably is what it is at this point. Souza has been the lead recruiter for nearly five seasons and aggressively moving on kids like Evans has never been the MO. He's not going to last on the market much longer, so I hope that they are in on him and making a convincing case.

Santa Juana is off the board to UConn. Scardina is headed to Bowling Green. Glasman to Colgate. For all the talk about UNH's inability to compete for high-end prospects, these are proven junior scorers (over multiple seasons) who they could/should have been able to land. These are the type of kids who can lift UNH up to the middle of the Hockey East pack (at least) and help them position themselves for an even higher caliber of recruit moving forward. Adding high-end offensive talent has never been (for me) about landing first-round draft types. Its about adding potential 100+ point scorers (career) and 15+ goal scorers (season)...

As of right now, Cafarelli is scoring in the BCHL and I'm sure Richels is tearing up HS hockey in Minnesota - but the scoring from the rest of the recruiting classes continues to leave a lot to be desired. That needs to be addressed by goal scorers. Not assist first guys. Not 200 foot players. Goal scorers...
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

I would take Joey Cipollone in a heart beat. He scored nine goals for an offensively deprived Vermont team as a freshman and is on pace for similar numbers for an even more challenged team in 2019-20. He's a Blackburn type producer with better speed and would play in UNH's top six as currently constructed (IMO). He's not an elite scorer, but he is an upgrade. Though, I would accept the argument that scholarship money would be better spent on younger and more impactful incoming freshman who would offer up to four years of eligibility. He would have to sit out until next January, at least, depending on his academic progress...

He also has a younger brother, Anthony - who committed to UVM at 13 years old and was (at the time) the youngest commitment ever in college hockey. I'd take him, too.
                          Totally agree Dan...he's got what UNH needs and I would be thrilled to see it (and his little brother too!)
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

That's fine Chuck - it wasn't meant to be flattery. Just, remember (when you throw terms like pretentious around) who started this conversation excited about the opportunity to put naive lemmings who don't ask the right questions in their place (and who posted twice begging for my response). With apologies to Darius and others, this post really needs a response - but it will be my last thoughts on the matter.

Sure. Your party got paid to flip on what was a critical issue for them (perhaps even more so than the Dems). They profited for their denials - what's the benefit to you in all this?

You have nothing to stand on in this debate if your resorting to this type of attack. Seriously Chuck, are YOU unable to do many things in your own life as a result of posting on this message board? That would be sad to hear. Personally, I (like most everyone else, I assume) am able to post here, have a job, a social life and more - and all in addition to supporting, donating to and actively fighting for many things I believe in. But if you need to convince yourself of the virtues of your own beliefs by pretending that anyone who doesn't work for Climate Change 24/7 doesn't really believe either than do your thing (and if you need to convince yourself, maybe that's a clue in and of itself)...

LOL, I ignored this in my last post because I honestly thought you were joking. To recap, you posted a link to a bunch of random twitter posts in what I thought was humor but apparently was another source of yours on Climate Change. The fact that you would assume Obama purchasing ocean front property could ONLY mean he doesn't actually believe in Climate Change is the perfect illustration for how deeply you've buried your head in the sand, how biased you are and how disingenuous your arguments are on this topic...

It may be low hanging fruit to make that sort of joke (practically scraping the ground to be honest), but that's not what it has to mean at all. Does it not occur to you that Obama might care about Climate Change BECAUSE he likes the ocean and wishes to live on the coast - or does it just not fit your narrative? In a concept especially foreign to your party these days - perhaps he understands he has the means to take the risk of living on ocean front property and cares about Climate Change issues out of empathy for other people, both now and in the future...

I don't have any ocean front property - but I wouldn't sell it to you. I love the ocean and the seacoast. I'd move to an ocean front plot in Rye, tomorrow, if that was feasible at this stage of my life. That's why I give a ****. I don't live in an area that might flood (now or 50 years in the future) but I can still appreciate the risk for those that do (and will) because its not all about me...

Honestly, one could possibly disagree with timelines, severity or how to best stand up to Climate Change - but there is zero reason to pretend it doesn't exist unless one is looking to profit from said denial or validate ones political standing by doing so.

Were not only disrespecting the climate threat at this stage, were actively rolling back policy previously preventing things like dumping waste into rivers and pumping whatever gases/amounts we can into the air. Apparently out of spite as much as profit. I'm not sure you have to even believe in Climate Change to not want to see this level of pollution. Its quite simply dirty and gross. If there is a long-term added benefit too preventing this level of pollution all the better right? Apparently not for some...

So when predictions don't materialize exactly as laid out, its proof of Climate Change being a hoax. When predicted symptoms do pop up - its a fluke - and if the flooding doesn't stay permanently its not Climate Change and its not a big deal. Sure, you're the only objective one here ...

---

As for political conversation on this thread in general. Talking points from the right have been dropped into casual conversation a number of times over the years, by Chuck and others - this is just the first time they've had to deal with some push back. If the preference is that is to be avoided in the future, than maybe political points (in jest or otherwise) shouldn't be injected in the conversation to begin with. All of these issues can be discussed in the Cafe after all...
                            Thank you Dan for saying what I, and I'm sure many others, were thinking.

Comment

---

Comment

Originally posted by msprice View Post
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X