The DIII Snub On WPTZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The DIII Snub On WPTZ

On tonight's Channel 5 news, plenty of coverage of UVM basketbal vs Syracuse in the first round of DI NCAA Tourney, including the sendoff. They also covered the women's basketball. NOT A WORD ABOUT NORWICH OR PLATTSBURGH HEADING TO THE DIII FINAL 4 IN LAKE PLACID, or the sendoff! BUT WCAX CH 3 HAD FANTASTIC COVERAGE OF BOTH NORWICH AND PLATTSBURGH! THANK-YOU WCAX, and JEERS to ch 5.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Re: The DIII Snub On WPTZ

WCAX included interviews with Emery and Docking, showed Dockings OT winner at Midd. Highlighted both NU's mens and womens teams. Not bad for a "Vermont" TV station
    Last edited by peddler; 03-17-2010, 06:13 PM.
    The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Plattsburgh gets more coverage from WCAX than they do from WPTZ. unless a VT team is playing, WPTZ doesn't usually care much!
      Jim Reisdorf
      Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
        On tonight's Channel 5 news, plenty of coverage of UVM basketbal vs Syracuse in the first round of DI NCAA Tourney, including the sendoff. They also covered the women's basketball. NOT A WORD ABOUT NORWICH OR PLATTSBURGH HEADING TO THE DIII FINAL 4 IN LAKE PLACID, or the sendoff! BUT WCAX CH 3 HAD FANTASTIC COVERAGE OF BOTH NORWICH AND PLATTSBURGH! THANK-YOU WCAX, and JEERS to ch 5.
        Nor anything about the NU Women's team on its way the Minnesota for the DIII finals.

I only watch WPTZ because I like to watch Jeopardy and I can't watch both Jeopardy and the national news if I watch the WCAX news.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          Nor anything about the NU Women's team on its way the Minnesota for the DIII finals.

I only watch WPTZ because I like to watch Jeopardy and I can't watch both Jeopardy and the national news if I watch the WCAX news.
          Catch Jeopardy on CHNB (Canadian) at 7:30
          The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by peddler View Post
            Catch Jeopardy on CHNB (Canadian) at 7:30
            Watch it at 7, then at 7:30.......impress your friends.

I believe WPTZ will have more coverage as the week continues.....they usually do a pretty good job.
            LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

It's not "news" that wptzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz coverage is CRAP!!!
              Channel 3 does a much better job on sports!!! Act...44 is good also...esp. the sports babe!!!!
              Proud of the RED bar!!!

Comment

As someone who grew up in Plattsburgh Channel 5 not covering the DIII Hockey in Placid in nothing new. TV 5 is a ragbag TV station that does nothing for the North Country. Now if the Finals were in Vermont they would be all over it. My parents who still live in Plattsburgh watch Channel 3 (CBC), out of Burlington, for their news about Plattsburgh and the North Country and weather. Channel 5 hasn't had a good weatherman since Bird Berdan. At least he would stick his head out the window before he went on air to announce the weather.
                Oswego '89

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                  Watch it at 7, then at 7:30.......impress your friends.
                  Pretty soon I'm going to have to watch it twice, just to remember it once

Comment

And with SUNY Brockport grad, Matt Hobbs now Sports Director at WHAS11 in Louisville, KY, it will probably get worse. At least Matt liked hockey.
                    Last edited by norm1909; 03-17-2010, 07:31 PM.
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                      And with SUNY Brockport grad, Matt Hobbs now Sports Director at WHAS11 in Louisville, KY, it will probably get worse. At least Matt liked hockey.
                      It doesn't seem like they replaced him - they just put the second banana on more often and the third banana more often than is deserved at all. (But him being on on rare occasions is one rare occasion too many.)
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by peddler View Post
                        Pretty soon I'm going to have to watch it twice, just to remember it once
                        and you will still get half of them wrong later - hehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by musicianvt View Post
                          and you will still get half of them wrong later - hehehehe
                          LOL
                          Larry Normandin
                          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Catch the REAL coverage on WCAX in another 5 minutes on Channel 3 (or whatever it is on DISH/Direct/other weird means of getting channels)!

Comment

Hey come on folks ... give Channel 5 some slack ...

I agree Channel 3 does a great job ... Mike, Seth and Tony are all excellent reporters and they work their butts off ... (so do Kristian and Whitney at Fox44).

But before you trash WPTZ's sports department take the time to check how much time they have to work with compared with Channel 3 ... it isn't even close.

Sports on WCAX is an important part of the broadcast ... at WPTZ it is an after thought. But that isn't the sports department's fault. That rests completely with their bosses ...

As for not liking hockey ... give me a break.
                              Ken Drake is Ducky's son!
                              Last edited by PuckVoice; 03-17-2010, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X