Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread 2019

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    It could be 85 and sunny here in late October. Hope this helps. Also, I'll join you on a tour of NASA's facility here. Who could ask for more?!

GFM
    I'm in! But in the "democracy" of my house, not all votes are counted equally.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
      I'm in! But in the "democracy" of my house, not all votes are counted equally.
      My wife and I each have one vote. In case of a tie, she has the tie-breaker vote.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
        My wife and I each have one vote. In case of a tie, she has the tie-breaker vote.
        And as both of you know, that same rule applies in my house.

Comment

FWIW, MSU has been transparent with the other 6 league members of the new conference that it will leave for the NCHC if asked. Sounds like Miami would be the team that would “swap” with MSU in the new league — doesn’t sound like anything too imminent, but the new conference was the first step towards joining the NCHC — it eliminates Miami having to travel to AK or AL, and gets them back to a primarily Great Lakes conference.
          Last edited by MavHockey14; 07-11-2019, 09:55 AM.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            FWIW, MSU has been transparent with the other 6 league members of the new conference that it will leave for the NCHC if asked. Sounds like Miami would be the team that would “swap” with MSU in the new league — doesn’t sound like anything too imminent, but the new conference was the first step towards joining the NCHC — it eliminates Miami having to travel to AK or AL, and gets them back to a primarily Great Lakes conference.
            I just saw the updated roster lost Bigelbach and Zak Galambos. Also curious as to why Brendan Furry isn’t listed on the Roster. Anyone have any insight?

Comment

Originally posted by MAVS21 View Post
              I just saw the updated roster lost Bigelbach and Zak Galambos. Also curious as to why Brendan Furry isn’t listed on the Roster. Anyone have any insight?
              A little sad, but not surprising. New people coming in, and no defensemen leaving, is bad news for guys who essentially didn't play last year (Zero games for Bigelbach and 4 for Zalambos). Not sure on Furry, but he just turned 21, so he can't go back to the USHL.

Comment

If this new league imposed stiff exit fees like the NCHC did, that would make it far more difficult for MSU to leave. As for “trading” for Miami or Western Michigan, that’s nothing more than fan speculation.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  If this new league imposed stiff exit fees like the NCHC did, that would make it far more difficult for MSU to leave. As for “trading” for Miami or Western Michigan, that’s nothing more than fan speculation.
                  I’m just passing along information from the most trusted source I have within the program. WMU and particularly Andy Murray don’t want to leave the NCHC and enjoy being a member of the conference.

I can tell you Chris Bergeron would prefer to get Miami into the WCHA for part of the reasons I mentioned, but getting administration on board is a hurdle (as it was for Blasi as well).

Ultimately, the conversation I had led me to believe that the NCHC would stay at 8 teams, and if the Mavs get the invitation, it would be in a scenario Miami leaves, not at addition to 9 or 10 NCHC teams.
                  AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MAVS21 View Post
                    Any word on Israelsson?
                    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                      Any word on Israelsson?
                      Isn't his eligibility burnt up?
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        If there is a sizable exit penalty, I wouldn't expect MSU to join the new Mercury 7.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Isn't his eligibility burnt up?
                          We all thought that at the start of last year, but in the player intro video, he called himself a junior.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                            Any word on Israelsson?
                            He’s playing in Sweden.
                            Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              If there is a sizable exit penalty, I wouldn't expect MSU to join the new Mercury 7.
                              Which is why MSU has been transparent with their long term goal or what they’d do if the NCHC asked them to join.
                              AF 99

Comment

Which is why MSU has been transparent with their long term goal or what they’d do if the NCHC asked them to join.
                                Personally I think it would make much more sense for these 7 to join with NCHC and create 1 conference with a great lakes and Western conf. That would eliminate 1 auto bid and for some NCHC teams on the bubble that would be appealing. But at this point who knows. I think the 7 team league is a good move although I really don't like doing to UAA, UAF and UAH what the NCHC did to us. We shall see what they do with name and logo, scheduling too. Im not sure on the rules but will the smaller conference allow for more non conference games?
                                All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Working...
                                X