Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale @ Brown @ RPI & Union (11/11, 11/12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale @ Brown @ RPI & Union (11/11, 11/12)

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    [excitement]
    Black Friday!!! I dunno that this year can match last year's in excitement, but it should be great. Plus, we've never lost a Black Friday game which means that we'll never lose. Ever. Or hopefully not this year. Plus we can't lose to Brown, right? No one loses to Brown. No one ever. Please?
    [/excitement]

I don't like losing.
    There's a reason why I don't go anywhere near the pep band stage (or section, in this case) for Freakout.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      There's a reason why I don't go anywhere near the pep band stage (or section, in this case) for Freakout.
      I'll take non sequitur statements for $400, please, Alex. Also, ponies are wonderful animals.
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
        I'll take non sequitur statements for $400, please, Alex. Also, ponies are wonderful animals.
        There was a streak in which we hadn't lost Freakout in 15 years. Then I show up with the band, and it just goes downhill from there. I didn't play with them for that weekend last year.

Come to think of it, I was on stage for the Black Friday tie...

Then again, at least this year's losing streak isn't my fault.

Comment

There was a streak in which we hadn't lost Freakout in 15 years.
          I know that.
          Then I show up with the band, and it just goes downhill from there. I didn't play with them for that weekend last year.
          Is the BRF! this weekend? No? The relevance of the above statement is what then?
          Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I know that.

Is the BRF! this weekend? No? The relevance of the above statement is what then?
            If BRF was this weekend I would still question the relevance.
            APBWiki

Comment

Saturday night is, according to Ken Schott's blog, "Can the Bears" at HFH. It is a canned food drive, I would assume to benefit the local food shelter.

https://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs...o-play-this-w/

Comment

I have taken the under on the Yale RPI game, what a difference a year makes, both teams seem to be trying to find themselves this year. Wish I could make it up there, but I have a date in Philly with a cheesesteak! Yale is really missing the presence of Kearny, Little, Martin and Cahill.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Yale is really missing the presence of Kearny, Little, Martin and Cahill.
                  And we're missing Polacek, Helfrich, and Brutlag. Where it hurts most is on the power play--two key factors that helped us win our last home game against Yale were our special teams and Allen York. Both of which are currently nowhere to be found. The absence of York I'm not worried about, our goaltending's been very solid so far. But it would really help if the power play started clicking-and parading to the box for unintelligent penalties doesn't help, although our PK has been outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                    And we're missing Polacek, Helfrich, and Brutlag. Where it hurts most is on the power play--two key factors that helped us win our last home game against Yale were our special teams and Allen York. Both of which are currently nowhere to be found. The absence of York I'm not worried about, our goaltending's been very solid so far. But it would really help if the power play started clicking-and parading to the box for unintelligent penalties doesn't help, although our PK has been outstanding.
                    I figure many of the penalties stem from the frustration of not being able to exert much offensive pressure-once we start scoring a bit and keeping the puck in the offensive zone, i would hope that parade ends.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      I figure many of the penalties stem from the frustration of not being able to exert much offensive pressure-once we start scoring a bit and keeping the puck in the offensive zone, i would hope that parade ends.
                      I like to blame Murphy and the other refs, but I think that you are correct.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        I like to blame Murphy and the other refs, but I think that you are correct.
                        You'll have another chance, "to blame Murphy" on Saturday OFFICIALS: Friday night’s officials are scheduled to be Andy O’Brien and Robert St. Lawrence (referees) and Michael Emana- tion and William Lyons (linesmen) ... On Saturday the referees are Chris Ciamaga and John Murphy and the linesmen are Andy Petrus and Steve Shufelt.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          You'll have another chance, "to blame Murphy" on Saturday OFFICIALS: Friday night’s officials are scheduled to be Andy O’Brien and Robert St. Lawrence (referees) and Michael Emana- tion and William Lyons (linesmen) ... On Saturday the referees are Chris Ciamaga and John Murphy and the linesmen are Andy Petrus and Steve Shufelt.
                          J. Murphy three times in four games? That's a bit odd
                          Go Red!!

Comment

J. Murphy three times in four games? That's a bit odd
                            Paul Stewart just wants us to feel his love.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                              With 3 top centers out for the early going , the sample size (when we've been fully staffed up front) size is too small to make any judgements. Appert alluded to this mentioning the near-constant juggling of the lines, not allowing much chemistry or timing to develop.

Provided we can keep the forwards healthy, it will take a few weeks time before we start seeing the clicking passing/shooting we saw in the early tilts. PP is ALL about timing, chemistry and familiarity -- which have very little of so far.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                I...Wish I could make it up there, but I have a date in Philly with a cheesesteak! ....
                                The obvious unanswered question being WHICH ESTABLISHMENT you are planning on patronizing for your cheesesteak ? Squeeze cheese or purist??
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X