X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I saw that garbage in the theater. My friends and I walked out wondering *** that movie was trying to do.
    Only other movie my friends and I had same reaction to walking out was la la land lol
    Wait, that was actually in theaters? Good God. I thought it was random indie movie that just hit the streaming services (or mayyyyyyyyyybe an arthouse at best).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Wait, that was actually in theaters? Good God. I thought it was random indie movie that just hit the streaming services (or mayyyyyyyyyybe an arthouse at best).
      Nope I saw it in the theater to...even as a free film I regretted it.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Nope I saw it in the theater to...even as a free film I regretted it.
        My condolences to you both. Jesus.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The Laundromat:
          In this The Big Short (2015)-esque dramedy based on the Mossack Fonseca scandal, a cast of characters investigate an insurance fraud, chasing leads to a pair of a flamboyant Panama City law partners exploiting the world's financial system.

Oldman, Banderas, and Streep?! Oh, my! Very entertaining movie, I thought it was great writing, and the styling of the movie was well done. I'm liking Banderas more and more in his more recent roles in movies, and have always been a fan of Oldman and Streep. Definitely recommend.

Fractured:
          Driving cross-country, Ray and his wife and daughter stop at a highway rest area where his daughter falls and breaks her arm. After a frantic rush to the hospital and a clash with the check-in nurse, Ray is finally able to get her to a doctor. While the wife and daughter go downstairs for an MRI, Ray, exhausted, passes out in a chair in the lobby. Upon waking up, they have no record or knowledge of Ray's family ever being checked in.

Decent suspense movie. You think you have it figured out, and then you don't. Then you do again. Then you don't. Solid ending, and many times these sorts of movies leave you disappointed because it's a lazy ending, or a too-obvious ending. This movie presents just enough possibilities to keep you guessing until the end.

Comment

Dark Crimes:
            A murder investigation of a slain businessman turns to clues found in an author's book about an eerily similar crime. Based on the 2008 article "True Crimes - A Postmodern Murder Mystery" by David Grann.

Bordered on "too arty" for me, but never crossed that line. While I dislike Jim Carrey overall, he's good in this. Some nice twists and head games, I will say it wastes no time in getting the R rating, I was rather surprised they didn't go the unrated route/got the R rating. It's a dark movie, not for everyone, but worth a shot.

Comment

This will not be a popular opinion...and trust me it is not one I want to have...but the Star Wars trailer did almost nothing for me. Di$ney finally did it...they watered down Star Wars to the point it just doesnt feel special anymore. I will see it, and will hope I am wrong but I just dont have high hopes.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                This will not be a popular opinion...and trust me it is not one I want to have...but the Star Wars trailer did almost nothing for me. Di$ney finally did it...they watered down Star Wars to the point it just doesnt feel special anymore. I will see it, and will hope I am wrong but I just dont have high hopes.
                I’m glad you said this. I posted on fb after the trailer tonight that prior to TFA and TLJ I was jacked but now i’m Meh, at best. I’ll see it but i’m just not excited about it. I don’t know what it is really. Maybe the story line? Joker knocked me on my *** and The Irishman certainly sounds like it will do the same but EP 9 almost feel like it will be a chore.

I’m guessing the GOT guys movies will destroy these sequels. That’s my only hope for the Star Wars franchise.
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  I’m glad you said this. I posted on fb after the trailer tonight that prior to TFA and TLJ I was jacked but now i’m Meh, at best. I’ll see it but i’m just not excited about it. I don’t know what it is really. Maybe the story line? Joker knocked me on my *** and The Irishman certainly sounds like it will do the same but EP 9 almost feel like it will be a chore.

I’m guessing the GOT guys movies will destroy these sequels. That’s my only hope for the Star Wars franchise.
                  You mean the same guys who destroyed GOT?

Trailer was great as far as I was concerned. So glad to be in the minority that thought The Last Jedi was the best of bunch. I'm hoping the idiots that thought otherwise didn't cause them to screw this one up too bad. So far doesn't look like they did.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Lol
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      You mean the same guys who destroyed GOT?

Trailer was great as far as I was concerned. So glad to be in the minority that thought The Last Jedi was the best of bunch. I'm hoping the idiots that thought otherwise didn't cause them to screw this one up too bad. So far doesn't look like they did.
                      I was thinking of the GoT guys as the ones who absolutlely nailed 7 seasons, and then simply messed up the pacing of season 8 because they were excited to move onto Star Wars, even though they still took GoT to its most logical conclusion when you think about or re-watch the events of prior seasons.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I've had XM Comedy Central radio on the last couple days in my work truck, and they are *heavily* promoting the new Tragi-Rom-Com "Last Christmas" during their commecial breaks.

But, from the radio ad, I haven't figured out if it's completely a slightly dark humor rom-com or if there is a thriller/suspense portion to it, because under the awkward sound bites from the film, they play a haunting acapella version of 'Last Christmas' song by the star Emilia Clarke, almost in a minor-ish key. And then a haunting piano plinks a few notes from the verse after she sings.

From the trailer, it looks sorta "Serendipity"-ish. Kinda hoping for an interesting twist in this one.

*Edit* Apparently I'm not the only one hoping for a shock twist!
                        Last edited by aparch; 10-22-2019, 09:42 AM.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          I was thinking of the GoT guys as the ones who absolutlely nailed 7 seasons, and then simply messed up the pacing of season 8 because they were excited to move onto Star Wars, even though they still took GoT to its most logical conclusion when you think about or re-watch the events of prior seasons.
                          No question they nailed the first 7 seasons. But, if you don't stick the landing your score drops considerably. Logical conclusion? Not in my mind. Most boring conclusion? Yes. Well, I still say 1 of the conclusions was fantastic and ok. But, the second conclusion brings a dumpster fire to mind immediately for me.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

No question they nailed the first 7 seasons. But, if you don't stick the landing your score drops considerably. Logical conclusion? Not in my mind. Most boring conclusion? Yes. Well, I still say 1 of the conclusions was fantastic and ok. But, the second conclusion brings a dumpster fire to mind immediately for me.
                            Because you wouldn't be Scooby otherwise, Eeyore.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Because you wouldn't be Scooby otherwise, Eeyore.

No one who watched that ending loved it. No one.

Comment

No one who watched that ending loved it. No one.
                                I didn't love the final season at all; I just said that it was the logical conclusion. How they got to that conclusion was not well paced, and certain events happened too early or simply out of order altogether.

Comment

Working...
                                X