X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

From the Beaverton (Canadian satire)

Martin Scorcese: I saw the first 20 minutes of Iron Man 2 and I've thrown up every day since.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Oof! Big time evisciration of The Irishman and the book it’s based on.

Don’t I feel dumb for falling for Brandt’s story...ugh

https://kennedysandking.com/articles...disappointment
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Den Of Thieves:
        An elite unit of the LA County Sheriff's Dept. and the state's most successful bank robbery crew clash as the outlaws plan a seemingly impossible heist on the Federal Reserve Bank.

Pretty solid caper heist, despite the cliches: main bad guy versus main good guy (the cop, who obviously has a troubled marriage that has no real bearing on anything), some twists and turns.

I can sum it up like this: Heat V2. Good watch, though.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Still on the fence about "Last Christmas," as I still think it has a 50/50 shot at either being a terribly formulaic rom-com or (what I'm rooting for) a lighthearted rom-com with a dark M. Night Shyamalan twist.

Kind of avoiding reviews to avoid a spoiler and also because the review headlines are more all over the board than a Rob Drake MLB strike zone.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Outlaw King on Netflix. It's pretty good and from what I've read it's historically accurate.

Plus, anyone that hates England is ok by me.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Apollo 11 was farking incredible.

The long panning shots where dozens and dozens of engineers and scientists were manning stations got me a little misty.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Already sounds better than Ad Astra was
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Highwaymen on Netflix. Bonnie & Clyde with the focus on former(disbanded in 1933, reformed in '35) Texas Rangers Frank Hamer(Kevin Costner) and Manny Gault(Woody Harrelson). It was pretty good. I actually liked it better than the Beatty/Dunaway movie.
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

The New-New Sonic the Hedgehog trailer dropped, and... Sonic is waaaaaaayyyyyyyy less nightmare fuel than the teaser from this spring.

https://youtu.be/szby7ZHLnkA

I definitely want to see this now.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Jo-Jo Rabbit - the story is of a kid in Nazi Germany during early 1945. The 10yo kid is all in on wanting to be like everyone else in the country, but finds the reality of it doesn't suit him very well. He then finds a Jewish girl that his mother had been harboring and it's a struggle for him to come to grips with it; he still wants to be a Nazi, but he's unsure of what that really means and doesn't understand the "Jewish Problem." Everybody did a good job acting within the movie, and I especially like Sam Rockwell's performance. The movie starts light, and then moves more into a drama, though there are still a few humorous points once the mood turns serious.

It's not a great movie, but certainly worth a viewing.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The King

About how King Henry V came into power, then took on France. Pretty solid movie, loved the action (which was quite minimal overall, they went for quality over quantity), didn't really go over the top with uber-dramatic moments whether it was dealing with the politics of the situation, or the battle scenes. It was just a nice above-average constant flow. I do recommend this.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

You haven't lived until you've seen Sean Connery as Hotspur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Y33xO_1Pc
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            That's pretty good.

Comment

Today's reboot/sequel: Beverly Hills Cop 4 starring Eddie Murphy. Netflix.

Comment

Today's Superhero movie: Black Adam with The Rock will be released 22 December, 2021.

Comment

Working...
                                X