X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I didn't love the final season at all; I just said that it was the logical conclusion. How they got to that conclusion was not well paced, and certain events happened too early or simply out of order altogether.
    Logical conclusion is your opinion. There (as always) were an infinite number of ways to write the ending. They decided to bore the tears out of everyone and throw out (shock value) the most important thing they had done for television.

The political ending was garbage. Thank God the supernatural ending was fine.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      You mean the same guys who destroyed GOT?

Trailer was great as far as I was concerned. So glad to be in the minority that thought The Last Jedi was the best of bunch. I'm hoping the idiots that thought otherwise didn't cause them to screw this one up too bad. So far doesn't look like they did.
      Well, i’m Guessing they’re in their wheelhouse writing about the old republic or events 3-4 centuries prior to A New Hope.

I can’t pinpoint an exact reason for my Star Wars malaise. I loved TFA and Rogue One. Thought TLJ was good but repeated viewings have cause me to change my mind. Good ideas executed poorly with no thought to overall cohesion with any of the prior 7 movies in the arc.

But props on Kylo’s story arc and Yoda showing Luke once again that he can’t see the forest for the trees. In that regard, Luke’s attitude makes perfect sense.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        Well, i’m Guessing they’re in their wheelhouse writing about the old republic or events 3-4 centuries prior to A New Hope.

I can’t pinpoint an exact reason for my Star Wars malaise. I loved TFA and Rogue One. Thought TLJ was good but repeated viewings have cause me to change my mind. Good ideas executed poorly with no thought to overall cohesion with any of the prior 7 movies in the arc.

But props on Kylo’s story arc and Yoda showing Luke once again that he can’t see the forest for the trees. In that regard, Luke’s attitude makes perfect sense.
        I thought there was a lot of cohesion myself. It's all about Rey for me and I am loving her story.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

And see I hate Kylo Ren...not in the "Oh he is a bad guy I hate him!" way but more "why am I supposed to believe this whiny man-child is bada** enough to be a menace to anyone?" kind of way. He is awful, and his storyline sucks. And without a strong villain stories like this wont work.

The rest of the "Hey look these guys are like the original cast only younger!" group dont much interest me either. Oscar Isaac is loved by all genre fans for some reason (much like Michael Fassbender) but good lord I cannot stand him. We get it, you want him to be Han Solo...he isnt so please stop.

The visuals look awesome and I kinda want to know how they fix the mess they made of Rey's story but the rest...meh.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Handy you sound like Scooby talking about the Wild. At least he has reason to mourn those sorry effers.

I certainly don't have as much invested in SW beyond the movies as many fans, but imho that trailer looked very encouraging. They may or may not screw up the story, but at the very least it looks like they will go out with the most appealing and audacious episode visually speaking and outside of the wasted love interest of 8 I've enjoyed this new set of characters.

And this comes from someone that really did not like VII and VIII.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Handy you sound like Scooby talking about the Wild. At least he has reason to mourn those sorry effers.

I certainly don't have as much invested in SW beyond the movies as many fans, but imho that trailer looked very encouraging. They may or may not screw up the story, but at the very least it looks like they will go out with the most appealing and audacious episode visually speaking and outside of the wasted love interest of 8 I've enjoyed this new set of characters.

And this comes from someone that really did not like VII and VIII.
              I didnt have a reason to not like the last film and think the trailer looks awful? Ok Roger Ebert thanks...

You can like the trailer and so can Scooby...why does that mean I have to? Aspects of the previous story has soured me on it so the visual spectacle isnt enough. That is just how I feel about it.

I never said anyone had to agree with me on it (I even said it will be an unpopular opinion) but my opinion is just as valid as anyone else's. Dont like it...ignore it it is no skin off my nose man.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I didnt have a reason to not like the last film and think the trailer looks awful? Ok Roger Ebert thanks...

You can like the trailer and so can Scooby...why does that mean I have to?

I never said anyone had to agree with me on it (I even said it will be an unpopular opinion) but my opinion is just as valid as anyone else's. Dont like it...ignore it it is no skin off my nose man.
                Actually from my experiences on the Interwebs your opinion will be the popular one, not mine.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Actually from my experiences on the Interwebs your opinion will be the popular one, not mine.
                  Not likely...TLJ is divisive but this film wont be. JJ will make sure of it. This will be his Return of the Jedi only probably without the stupid Ewoks JJ is a crowdpleasing type of director (which is why every Superman fan is excited he signed that deal with WB and he is all over the rumors for the reboot) so he will do what he can to try smooth over the divide.

I am glad you liked TLJ, I wish I agreed with you. I REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY wanted to. I still give Rian all sorts of credit for trying to go a different way but it wasnt my thing. I never begrudge someone loving it though. Who knows, maybe if JJ makes this a good film it will fix what I hated about TLJ so the arch itself is better. It doesnt always happen but it does from time to time.

Either way this will probably be my last SW film. Rogue One and Solo soured me on the "Star Wars Extended Universe" and I dont much care about non Skywalker stories. (the D+ stuff means little to me) Much like the Star Trek reboot it just isnt for me. (though I do watch Discovery and will watch Picard but those are normal Trek stuff not JJ Reboot) I hope it all finds an audience though and I hope those that are interested love every second of it.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Not likely...TLJ is divisive but this film wont be. JJ will make sure of it. .
                    That's my worry. Rian finally said enough of this **** and did something different. Exciting.

Comment

And see I hate Kylo Ren...not in the "Oh he is a bad guy I hate him!" way but more "why am I supposed to believe this whiny man-child is bada** enough to be a menace to anyone?" kind of way. He is awful, and his storyline sucks. And without a strong villain stories like this wont work.

The rest of the "Hey look these guys are like the original cast only younger!" group dont much interest me either. Oscar Isaac is loved by all genre fans for some reason (much like Michael Fassbender) but good lord I cannot stand him. We get it, you want him to be Han Solo...he isnt so please stop.

The visuals look awesome and I kinda want to know how they fix the mess they made of Rey's story but the rest...meh.
                      I like Kylo Ren because he demonstrates nicely the immaturity needed for the lure of the Dark Side. He has a ****-ton of power in the Force (stopping a laser bolt in mid-air to open The Force Awakens), but he never really learned how to be an emotionally stable person or the virtues generally assigned the Jedi.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        I like Kylo Ren because he demonstrates nicely the immaturity needed for the lure of the Dark Side. He has a ****-ton of power in the Force (stopping a laser bolt in mid-air to open The Force Awakens), but he never really learned how to be an emotionally stable person or the virtues generally assigned the Jedi.
                        This is an excellent observation.

Comment

The laser bolt was friggin sweet...then by the end of the film a person who found out she was Force Sensitive like 35 seconds ago was able to not only escape all of his guards but hold her own against him.

Meanwhile he kills his dad as a way for JJ to end that character AND show Kylo is all in trying to be the next Vader (which was an excellent way to accomplish both) only to have Rian turn him into a whiny child again in the next film. If Kylo had taken the next step I think I would like him better instead we had that stupid "connection" crap where he and Rey were stalking each other in their minds. He stopped wearing the mask, he stopped really being evil...and just kind of sucked. (for Obiwons Sake he was fooled by an Astral Projection that he watched "survive" like a thousand laser bolts) To use the prequels as an example...Kylo went from AOTC Anakin being told by Palpatine how great he is to become to ROTS Anakin whining about his lack of respect BACK to AOTC Anakin only the one with Padme on the stupid planet having their rom-com moment. There wasnt any real progression...just little things they did trying to make him look cool that fell flat on their face.

And that is where I think Rian dropped the ball. By making the "Empire 2.0" complete morons (which he did...they friggin fell for a fake phone call for Pete's Sake) he also had to dumb down the "NuRebellion" to make it work. Neither had a plan worth a ****, all of their strategies were stupid ("find the code breaker!" "CHASE THEM TIL THEY RUN OUT OF GAS!") and in the end it was obvious all it was meant to do was make the "NuRebellion" look outmatched like the original did even though they were a fully formed Alliance/Government in the last film. Meanwhile you have the Dark Lord and the "NuJedi" on a collision course...except they arent because they are also apparently Star Crossed lovers swooning. No wonder Luke did what he did he probably had migraines from all of the facepalms and said "Screw it I am out of here!"
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            The laser bolt was friggin sweet...then by the end of the film a person who found out she was Force Sensitive like 35 seconds ago was able to not only escape all of his guards but hold her own against him.

Meanwhile he kills his dad as a way for JJ to end that character AND show Kylo is all in trying to be the next Vader (which was an excellent way to accomplish both) only to have Rian turn him into a whiny child again in the next film. If Kylo had taken the next step I think I would like him better instead we had that stupid "connection" crap where he and Rey were stalking each other in their minds. He stopped wearing the mask, he stopped really being evil...and just kind of sucked. (for Obiwons Sake he was fooled by an Astral Projection that he watched "survive" like a thousand laser bolts) To use the prequels as an example...Kylo went from AOTC Anakin being told by Palpatine how great he is to become to ROTS Anakin whining about his lack of respect BACK to AOTC Anakin only the one with Padme on the stupid planet having their rom-com moment. There wasnt any real progression...just little things they did trying to make him look cool that fell flat on their face.

And that is where I think Rian dropped the ball. By making the "Empire 2.0" complete morons (which he did...they friggin fell for a fake phone call for Pete's Sake) he also had to dumb down the "NuRebellion" to make it work. Neither had a plan worth a ****, all of their strategies were stupid ("find the code breaker!" "CHASE THEM TIL THEY RUN OUT OF GAS!") and in the end it was obvious all it was meant to do was make the "NuRebellion" look outmatched like the original did even though they were a fully formed Alliance/Government in the last film. Meanwhile you have the Dark Lord and the "NuJedi" on a collision course...except they arent because they are also apparently Star Crossed lovers swooning. No wonder Luke did what he did he probably had migraines from all of the facepalms and said "Screw it I am out of here!"
                            Gotta say I agree with all of this. JJ set Kylo up to destroy and then EDIT in TLJ he beats Snoke one minute and loses to Rey again. It’s comical really.
                            Last edited by solovsfett; 10-22-2019, 07:45 PM.
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Saw ZOMBIELAND: DOUBLE TAP today. I recommend it if you are looking for a Halloween themed popcorn movie.

The movie knows exactly what it is and never strays from that path. It's pretty standard zombie apocalypse fare, but it has a very redeemable tongue in cheek quality about it. Woody Harrelson chews the scenery as Tallahassee and delivers the same redneck wit he carried in the 1st movie. I also got a kick out of Zoey Deutch playing Madison. Again this movie knows exactly what it is with her character and embraces it.

Also, hang around through the credits
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                Zombieland: Double Tap

I was leery of this one, as some sequels really sh* the bed (Anchorman 2, looking at YOU specifically). I was wrong, and I loved being wrong. It kept the spirit of the first one, It was very entertaining, I actually guffawed a couple times. The blonde (shown in the trailer) NAILED her performance. I f*ing wanted to shoot her within 30 seconds (if I'm being generous). It was a "mind asplode" experience.

The other new characters in the story were solid, it's just a rip-roarin' movie, as I hoped it would be. And with sequels, that is the least I can ask, and they surpassed it.

Hey, Raceboarder, I think we in sorta agreement.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X