Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

I guess 3 first round picks are not enough to quiet the restless. I am pretty sure JY expects them to show up and have an impact. Ollie showed up but in the end he didn't show up, it is always hard to know what 18/19 years are going to do but they will be fun to watch. Expectations are always going to be high, I look forward to the season, ready to mail in my renewal.

Comment

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
      I guess 3 first round picks are not enough to quiet the restless. I am pretty sure JY expects them to show up and have an impact. Ollie showed up but in the end he didn't show up, it is always hard to know what 18/19 years are going to do but they will be fun to watch. Expectations are always going to be high, I look forward to the season, ready to mail in my renewal.
      let's hope they all show up, there's still 2 months for them to change their minds .

Comment

I attended the JY lecture on positivity. He is an incredibly positive person and it has served him well over the years. He offered them scholies under the assumption they would show up. As fans we are spoiled and harken back to a time when kids stayed 3 sometimes 4 years, (always remember Brian Boyle). We were decimated in 2016 by the departures, and we had some no shows that really hurt but Cotton and Hustko are back and we will be tough.

Comment

Usually there's smoke with guys who don't end up showing up. This time around it certainly seems like all will be here barring an admissions issue.

I always look forward to the season but it's still fair to point out that last year was a colossal failure.

Comment

Everyone was disappointed that is for sure. The play was inconsistent and Whalstrom spent most of the year finding his way, great shot but not very creative with a low motor. Give me Hustko any day of the week. In Providence he willed the team to those wins. Freshman are always iffy, usually don't get their legs under them until January. We may not be hugely better but we won't be any worse.

Comment

The rebuilding should have been completed last year instead they took a step back. Fair or not, the only way this season is a success to me is returning to NCAA tournament.

Comment

Jerry York elected to Hockey Hall of Fame:
                https://bceagles.com/news/2019/6/25/...l-of-fame.aspx

Comment

nice
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                    Well deserved HONOR for a Gentleman and a terrific College Hockey Coach...a credit to all he's done and still doing. Congrats to him..!

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                      Wow. WOW.

I've said this in all honesty and I think now is a good time to mention it again, I think the folks that award the Penrose should rename it for Jerry York as an apology for only awarding this to him once. Especially considering how it is a limited pool (the criteria of which is totally acceptable) and he has been in this pool so many times.

*end violin music*
                      Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 06-26-2019, 08:57 AM.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Wow. WOW.

I've said this in all honesty and I think now is a good time to mention it again, I think the folks that award the Penrose should rename it for Jerry York as an apology for only awarding this to him once. Especially considering how it is a limited pool (the criteria of which is totally acceptable) and he has been in this pool so many times.

*end violin music*
                        1977 at Clarkson. I was there.

And, reportedly, he still has never uttered a swear word.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          1977 at Clarkson. I was there.

And, reportedly, he still has never uttered a swear word.
                          Even though he golfs
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Class act since his playing days, well deserved honor, he has led by example and is a credit to the University and to college hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              The rebuilding should have been completed last year instead they took a step back. Fair or not, the only way this season is a success to me is returning to NCAA tournament.
                              Not quite sure why it didn’t work out last year. Often there was no offense and horrible defense

The PK was absolutely horrible and when you have limited offense giving up goals on the penalty kill usually meant the game in close games

Hopefully Cotton will bring The needed leadership and sense of urgency they so lacked in many games past few years, not necessarily a yeller in the locker room but leading by example and words of wisdom when needed

🦅
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                Thanks to all that chimed in about Steve (FiveHole12) His wake is tomorrow and i'll be sure to pass along to his family how many friends he had here. Our hockey family is pretty cool . <3
                                I haven’t been keeping up on this board and sorry to hear about Steve.

I and everyone else will miss him. 🦅 a true eagle fan
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X