X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    So 4-8 it is...
    I think that they're easily much better than that.

Maine is just too pass-happy this season. They attempted 49 passes v. 19 rushes yesterday, and I'll bet that Towson (a good team, BTW) had 8 in coverage on almost every down. Ferguson threw for 401 yards, but was picked 4 times. You don't win football games that way.

Jefferson's departure was a blow to the ground-game, but Reed arrived with a solid resume. He needs more touches. This offense is far too predictable right now.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 09-15-2019, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      Not to dish on you at all...I was just thinking out loud...remembering when the game of hockey was King @ Maine...and now its just past talk....but just a out loud statement on the game and not the people on this thread.
      None taken. I wish there was something fun in regards to Maine hockey to discuss right now, as well. (...But, October is just around the corner.)

Yet, cranky old man Wally was right; this is not the place for politics. It's bad enough to go there in any other context, let alone here. These days, I avoid that topic as I would a rabid hyena.There just isn't any point in doing otherwise.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 09-15-2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        None taken. I wish there was something fun in regards to Maine hockey to discuss right now, as well. (...But, October is just around the corner.)

Yet, cranky old man Wally was right; this is not the place for politics. It's bad enough to go there in any other context, let alone here. These days, I avoid that topic as I would a rabid hyena.There just isn't any point in doing otherwise.
        Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          Ok.
          "OK" has two caps, JSYK, but thanks for your endorsement anyway.

That means a lot to me.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 09-15-2019, 11:16 PM.

Comment

"OK" has two caps, JSYK.
            And the wind comes sweeping down the plain

Comment

"OK" has two caps, JSYK, but thanks for your endorsement anyway.

That means a lot to me.
              https://youtu.be/9yBYSnSc27Y

Comment

Get off my lawn.

Nothing to talk about as far as hockey goes as no one has seen the recruits play yet. We all know what the rest of team looks like. Maybe someone will go to a captains practice and can fill us in? I used to try to get to a practice once and awhile but too busy now. Too bad about football team, I guess not many fans showed up to Alfond Stadium??
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Get off my lawn.

Nothing to talk about as far as hockey goes as no one has seen the recruits play yet. We all know what the rest of team looks like. Maybe someone will go to a captains practice and can fill us in? I used to try to get to a practice once and awhile but too busy now. Too bad about football team, I guess not many fans showed up to Alfond Stadium??
                  Official attendance was 6256.

Comment

Official attendance was 6256.
                    Yes on that attendance figure...but got quiet after half-time as Towson took over, they were the far better team...no run game for Maine...while Towson's QB Flacco was the star of the game with his passing and running out of trouble at key times...they had a big and fast team and used that all game long tp punish Maine on both sides of the ball.

Comment

Jim Montgomery days until hockey.

Comment

Jim Montgomery days until hockey.
                        Wish it was called that in real terms....but long gone not ever/ever to happen....would have made a NICE DREAM....but instead onward to 2019-20 season....as I said before: For better or For worst....

Comment

I would be curious to know if anyone has stopped to wonder what this means for athletics, specifically whether the NCAA would continue to let all the campuses continue to field separate athletic teams: https://bangordailynews.com/2019/09/...-its-campuses/

Also, the University of Maine is an actual research institution with some standards for admission. Lumping in the degree from that institution with whatever crayon-on-coloring-book-paper degree you get from UMFK seems to cheapen the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            Yes on that attendance figure...but got quiet after half-time as Towson took over, they were the far better team...no run game for Maine...while Towson's QB Flacco was the star of the game with his passing and running out of trouble at key times...they had a big and fast team and used that all game long tp punish Maine on both sides of the ball.
                            Towson was good this past year, so the result wasn't shocking. It's a pretty accurate cliche to say that the team which wins the turnover calculus generally wins the football game.

All of that aside, Maine needs a win at Colgate.

Having watched them both, I do believe that Maine is the better squad. The D is still the strength of this team, but Ferguson can't throw 4 picks and expect to win, even against them.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                              I would be curious to know if anyone has stopped to wonder what this means for athletics, specifically whether the NCAA would continue to let all the campuses continue to field separate athletic teams: https://bangordailynews.com/2019/09/...-its-campuses/

Also, the University of Maine is an actual research institution with some standards for admission. Lumping in the degree from that institution with whatever crayon-on-coloring-book-paper degree you get from UMFK seems to cheapen the whole thing.
                              I'ii have to go ahead and buy the BDN online thing. It won't break the bank at $7.99/month.

I can't open that link, otherwise, and print outlets need some help these days, unless we're all going to get "news" from FB, Google and Yahoo, etc, who just feed us what their advertisers want us to consume.

I'll revisit your link tomorrow. Thanks.

Comment

I'ii have to go ahead and buy the BDN online thing. It won't break the bank at $7.99/month.

I can't open that link, otherwise, and print outlets need some help these days, unless we're all going to get "news" from FB, Google and Yahoo, etc, who just feed us what their advertisers want us to consume.

I'll revisit your link tomorrow. Thanks.
                                Ok

Comment

Working...
                                X