MTU @/vs. LSSU: Battle of the Faded Dynasties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MTU @/vs. LSSU: Battle of the Faded Dynasties

Hope this doesn't turn into a trap series for Tech. Lake State's D is just as veteran as ours, and their goaltending is a lot more solidified at this point. It'll be interesting to see which of our goalies Pearson throws out there on Thursday. The call will supposedly be made after tomorrow's practice, before they leave for the Soo.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      As a geography dork that is one cool peace of memorabilia. How did you get that?
      I purchased the UP print off Ebay and it is actually from the late 1980s or very early 1990s based on the jerseys and striped breezers that show up in the art work. There is no date of any kind on the print.

This same artist produced the artwork below which is a limited edition / signed and numbered print run of 500 and came from a hockey collector in downstate Michigan. In the lower right corner is reads "Michigan Tech Hockey Collectors Series #1" but I have never seen any similar prints until the UP one surfaced. Maybe the artist did other prints for NMU and LSSU?

The interesting part is that this print is of #22 John Young, #24 Jim Storm and #29 Geoff Sarjeant. I have the #22 and #24 jerseys from this set, but the #29 still remains out there somewhere. Even one of my cats is looking for it...
      Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Hope this doesn't turn into a trap series for Tech. Lake State's D is just as veteran as ours, and their goaltending is a lot more solidified at this point. It'll be interesting to see which of our goalies Pearson throws out there on Thursday. The call will supposedly be made after tomorrow's practice, before they leave for the Soo.
        I agree...Tech's goaltending is really the big question. No doubt that we've got a bit more offensive firepower, but I also think our D is deeper than LSSU's.
        To me, LSSU looks very vulnerable, unless we have problems in goal. It'll be tough to trap with the speed Tech has.
        I see Copley getting the start...mostly cuz he was picked to start against Brock and because Genoe and Phillips let in some softies.
        I really hope one or two of the three goalies gets hot, as this team has the potential to go far with a solid goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
          Does LSSU have a video feed?
          http://www.b2tv.com/partner_members.asp?id=23
          Embrace the hate.

Comment

Sweet, now to find reliable wireless as the hotel wireless is ****...
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Copley has been announced as tomorrows starter for MTU.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Good physical game by both teams tonight. Should be a fun game on Saturday night, too. I like Tech's jerseys with da UP patch on the shoulder. Really nice. I also talked with on of the Husky Alumni on his way to Houghton for Saturday night's game. He played on the 1962 Championship team that is being honored that night. Always good to talk hockey with someone who has so much history to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  And yes, we rang the ship's bell after the game!

In honor of this thread's title, I present the following image which honors the geographical bookends of this UP D-I championship string. Time for Tech to work towards add a new year to their list. And to NMU... Yes, one is the loneliest number.
                  Ryan J

So awesome. Wish I owned that!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    I purchased the UP print off Ebay and it is actually from the late 1980s or very early 1990s based on the jerseys and striped breezers that show up in the art work. There is no date of any kind on the print.

This same artist produced the artwork below which is a limited edition / signed and numbered print run of 500 and came from a hockey collector in downstate Michigan. In the lower right corner is reads "Michigan Tech Hockey Collectors Series #1" but I have never seen any similar prints until the UP one surfaced. Maybe the artist did other prints for NMU and LSSU?

The interesting part is that this print is of #22 John Young, #24 Jim Storm and #29 Geoff Sarjeant. I have the #22 and #24 jerseys from this set, but the #29 still remains out there somewhere. Even one of my cats is looking for it...
                    Ryan J

I'll say it again. Those are very nice.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Any word yet on the starting goalie for the Huskies?

Comment

Does anyone have a score for tonight's game? This is the ONLY game that USCHO live scoring isn't covering. Is this always the case with game up at Tech, or just flaw in the system tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by RealLaker94 View Post
                          Does anyone have a score for tonight's game? This is the ONLY game that USCHO live scoring isn't covering. Is this always the case with game up at Tech, or just flaw in the system tonight?
                          8-4 Final Tech.
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Comment

Good series from LSSU. Tech will have to learn how to play a better road game, especially in the third period. Also need to sort out our goalie situtation, which is still very much in question after this weekend.

See ya next year.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Good series from LSSU. Tech will have to learn how to play a better road game, especially in the third period. Also need to sort out our goalie situtation, which is still very much in question after this weekend.

See ya next year.
                                This will make a long bus ride home to the Soo, lol. Thanks for the update. I'm also looking forward to next seasons playing good teams with great hockey fans. Good luck to Tech the rest of the way. (I have no idea how my other post was repeated, either....crazy USCHO...)

Comment

Working...
                                X