This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New WCHA is dead

If 8, why not a 28 game conference schedule with everyone 2H/2A? That gives everyone 6 OOC.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      If 8, why not a 28 game conference schedule with everyone 2H/2A? That gives everyone 6 OOC.
      It’s not as easy to do as you might think. There are a lot of arrangements that are already booked involving flights too & from Huntsville. Flights involving Mankato & Bemidji to/from BG & Ferris..
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        That sounds great for 2020-21 but too many moving pieces and too many travel arrangements have already been made for 2019-20.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Like I said earlier, you can't just go back up to 28 games because teams have committed to non-conference games that they were only able to schedule because of exempt games in Alaska. Most teams use at least 2 of the 4 when they get 4, etc.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Like I said earlier, you can't just go back up to 28 games because teams have committed to non-conference games that they were only able to schedule because of exempt games in Alaska. Most teams use at least 2 of the 4 when they get 4, etc.
            Only Huntsville and Bemidji are at 34. Bowling Green is at 36. Ferris State, Lake Superior, Michigan Tech, Mankato and Northern Michigan are all at 37. Those teams would need a waiver from the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              Only Huntsville and Bemidji are at 34. Bowling Green is at 36. Ferris State, Lake Superior, Michigan Tech, Mankato and Northern Michigan are all at 37. Those teams would need a waiver from the NCAA.
              LSSU is actually at 38 (catamount cup added), Ferris is 35, Mich tech 37, Mankato and northern mich is 36.

**Not counting exhibition games**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                Do it after the guillotine strikes?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
                  July 11, 2019

"Next step for University of Alaska: Declaration of Financial Exigency"

https://www.webcenter11.com/tvtv/con...512618201.html

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
                    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
                    July 11, 2019

"Next step for University of Alaska: Declaration of Financial Exigency"

https://www.webcenter11.com/tvtv/con...512618201.html
                    I don't see how varsity Athletics at any UA campus survives this.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
                      LSSU is actually at 38 (catamount cup added), Ferris is 35, Mich tech 37, Mankato and northern mich is 36.
                      Is your spreadsheet not updated?

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Do it after the guillotine strikes?
                      I would assume behind closed doors some discussions are already taking place because this has to happen quickly.

Comment

"I don't see how varsity Athletics at any UA campus survives this."

...and if that is how it plays out, there is a bigger case to be made for UAH to make eight...

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          Is your spreadsheet not updated?
                          I updated it last night but total games was actually factoring in the exhibition games - sorry if that wasn't clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
                            I updated it last night but total games was actually factoring in the exhibition games - sorry if that wasn't clear.
                            No worries. I do appreciate the info!

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
                              "I don't see how varsity Athletics at any UA campus survives this."

...and if that is how it plays out, there is a bigger case to be made for UAH to make eight...
                              Is there?

The group is comprised of institutions rich in history and tradition with a strong commitment to academic and athletic excellence. They are like-minded in their goals and aspirations for the potential new league with a focus on improving regional alignment and the overall student-athlete experience while building natural rivalries within a more compact geographic footprint.
                              In order here:

1. You can argue that UAH has the academic commitment. (Actually, I want you to argue against me, and I will **** you up.) Do we have a strong commitment to athletic excellence? Well, we're a Division II school trying to play a Division I sport on a Division II budget. That's a hard sell for me.

2. Keep it in your pants, Tech fans. We're not going to re-litigate the NCHC formation on my watch.

3. Nope, nope, nope. The only school who shouldn't cry tons about playing us does. Everyone else is pretty far away. GeoMidpoint.com is down, which is what I used to do this in the past, but anyone without a map can see that "not bad bus trips in the Midwest" turns into "Ah crap, everyone has to go to Huntsville. Why did we agree to do this again?!"

The Runaway Seven schools would rather fill 6-10 OOC dates than come to Huntsville.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

yes, there is...

the travel just got cut by a third. and if your peeps step up with funding/facilities/etc, it shows commitment. and hell, i like yous.

1. so are all other schools besides BGSU.
                                2. hehehehe...
                                3. "Why did we agree to do this again?!" - that scares the crap out of me. its either all in or nothing at all.

GO TECH GOLD!

Comment

Working...
                                X