Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    There are some stores and restaurants that are limiting number of people inside at one time, in my 'hood.
    Nyc has a lot of bodegas. I had to go about 16 blocks to hit Trader Joe’s. Depends where you are but you may not be that close to a store with decent stock

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Quarantine not going well for Jeanine wow

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Yes. Number one on the list before deciding anything is needing everyone at the top to buy in and agree on course of action- even in the best places that is proving difficult. (And if they do have a good plan the orange offal denigrates them and encourages people not to buy in)

-Trying to find people to agree on what is essential is like trying to get 10 people to agree on one verse in the Bible. By now everyone has experts and they all have their pet theories. And then we have the people who think money is essential and politicians cave to them.
        - where the hell are you getting all those cops? They are already understaffed.
        - are you barricading all routes in and out? Because in our area we have people crossing borders all the time.
        - there are a lot of moving parts- Our system is decentralized and all about making money. It isn't about making sure we get things to people, it is about coercing people to go to them. - Shutting down things is right but we have no systems in place that are centralized. Many people have a jigsaw puzzle network to make things work- Now we have told people they can't rely on their personal social net and we have nothing to replace it- workers have kids- where do you put them? How do you get people food, medicine, other necessities? how do they get there? People need to travel for all these things.
        Determining what is essential is not that difficult at all. If that can be enforced here without martial law why are Americans so incapable?

How many transit cops already working in/around subway stations does it take to man subway entrances for the purpose of my proposal?

Additionally upon further thought I am not suggesting full on shutdown of all other travel or barricading borders. As to the concept of how will people survive this, are people there really that incapable of figuring this out without mass rioting or considering society at large?

Since the 16th we have had zero mass transit across the country (specifically to me that is over 2.1M people 83 km north of Manila) and people rely upon it heavily. My business was deemed essential, but we implemented WAH for as many as possible (not all employees qualified) because the vast majority require mass transit to get into the office and cannot as it stands.

As such those without a car or motorcycle get around locally for using their bank, grocery store, convenience stores, etc.
        Last edited by Slap Shot; 03-28-2020, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Nyc has a lot of bodegas. I had to go about 16 blocks to hit Trader Joe’s. Depends where you are but you may not be that close to a store with decent stock
          So we're going to do nothing because if we do people can't get their almond butter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            So we're going to do nothing because if we do people can't get their almond butter?
            I mean, hilarious but those little stores don’t have enough to feed all the families in the area.

Comment

I mean, hilarious but those little stores don’t have enough to feed all the families in the area.
              Then I don't know - maybe nothing can be done and it's simply not going to end until everyone has been infected.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Then I don't know - maybe nothing can be done and it's simply not going to end until everyone has been infected.
                Nothing really CAN be done, short of martial law. Not a rip or criticism or whatever, that is the truth.

That being said, the majority of people are following protocol, which is good, and the best we can hope for.

If the current theory holds, that once infected, you won't get it again, then these waves will be less and less as time goes on. I really hope for that.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Quarantine not going well for Jeanine wow
                  She'll be checking into Silver Hill soon enough.

Comment

Maybe. There are no neighborhood grocers?

Or what about this then - limit the # of people allowed into a subway entrance every x # of minutes. Smarter heads could determine that threshold. For instance the larger grocery store near me only allows 200 people in at a time. Once they hit that #, 1 person can enter for every 1 person that leaves. No martial law just common freaking sense.

And no Handy smartest man in the room Man this is not a direct comparison. I realize there are much more difficult logistical needs to enforce something like this than gaining access to a grocery store, I am simply thinking outside the box and asking is there really absolutely nothing more than can be done short of martial law?
                    In Minnesota...yes. In NYC...no. You may not like that answer but I am going to trust the people who are there over you sorry.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Determining what is essential is not that difficult at all. If that can be enforced here without martial law why are Americans so incapable?

How many transit cops already working in/around subway stations does it take to man subway entrances for the purpose of my proposal?

Additionally upon further thought I am not suggesting full on shutdown of all other travel or barricading borders. As to the concept of how will people survive this, are people there really that incapable of figuring this out without mass rioting or considering society at large?

Since the 16th we have had zero mass transit across the country (specifically to me that is over 2.1M people 83 km north of Manila) and people rely upon it heavily. My business was deemed essential, but we implemented WAH for as many as possible (not all employees qualified) because the vast majority require mass transit to get into the office and cannot as it stands.

As such those without a car or motorcycle get around locally for using their bank, grocery store, convenience stores, etc.
                      American is the operative word.
                      Americans are not team players.
                      We have people representing the national govt who do not get this.
                      Look at this thread. How many people have talked about different rules for essential. Is it really essential to have a guns store open? In my state no. Some other states they think so.
                      If you aren't shutting down borders how do you propose to handle the huge influx of people. They are vectors in either direction.
                      You ask are people really incapable of figuring this out- the simple answer is yes. Americans have forgotten that with freedom comes responsibility and consequence.
                      If you aren't sure go read any factual post on Facebook. It is completely depressing the number of people who are posting the Faux news talking points of denial and optimistm.

What you propose is completely logical This country is stupid. There are even some governors talking about how State law forbids them from ordering the measures they deem necessary. Our Gov mentioned a few initiatives he wanted to enact but specifically said that altho he would like them to be required he could not require them. Instead he had to beg people comply. That is stupid but it is the law in our state.

Comment

Have you met Americans? They throw fits if they cant get the type of crackers they want at the price they want. If they cant get the wifi speeds they need to stream whatever stupid cooking show they watch while vegging on the couch they ****ed near riot. Hell you have been on GPL when a hockey game is delayed on TV or god forbid not aired at all...they cry like 2 year olds! Americans dont follow rules no matter what side of the aisle they are located on and they refuse to be inconvenienced. That is why you see loonbats and Upper West Side d-bags refusing to vax their kids...because they are selfish and stupid.

In a perfect word you are right...but in this country no one is voluntarily giving up what they have. They expect others to sacrifice so they can have it all.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          american is the operative word.
                          Americans are not team players.
                          We have people representing the national govt who do not get this.
                          Look at this thread. How many people have talked about different rules for essential. Is it really essential to have a guns store open? In my state no. Some other states they think so.
                          If you aren't shutting down borders how do you propose to handle the huge influx of people. They are vectors in either direction.
                          You ask are people really incapable of figuring this out- the simple answer is yes. Americans have forgotten that with freedom comes responsibility and consequence.
                          If you aren't sure go read any factual post on facebook. It is completely depressing the number of people who are posting the faux news talking points of denial and optimistm.

What you propose is completely logical this country is stupid. There are even some governors talking about how state law forbids them from ordering the measures they deem necessary. Our gov mentioned a few initiatives he wanted to enact but specifically said that altho he would like them to be required he could not require them. Instead he had to beg people comply. That is stupid but it is the law in our state.
                          bingo!
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It’s obvious a “one size fits all” approach to combating the virus won’t work in the US simply because of the diversity of the way we live. I joked a week or two ago that in North Dakota we have to drive to just get within six feet of someone else, but that’s only partially a joke. Decisions on the level of shelter in place have to be local, not national.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

My older son:

The NFL in attempting to help players visualize social distancing said players should imagine Mitch Trubisky trying to pass to a wide-open receiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                My older son:

The NFL in attempting to help players visualize social distancing said players should imagine Mitch Trubisky trying to pass to a wide-open receiver.
                                Yeah, Quacker fans are passing around one showing a Vikings helmet and the Vince Lombardi Trophy far apart.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X