Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND Fighting Hawks 2018-2019 season thread

Nobody has started one, so here it is.

My 97 YO dad, a WW2 combat vet, UND Law / management and accounting grad, says the geame last weekend was the worst he's ever seen them play. 60 shots on goal? Against a Kanuck team?
    Fighting Sioux Forever

Re: UND Fighting Hawks 2018-2019 season thread

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
    Nobody has started one, so here it is.

My 97 YO dad, a WW2 combat vet, UND Law / management and accounting grad, says the geame last weekend was the worst he's ever seen them play. 60 shots on goal? Against a Kanuck team?

Does your Dad live back in Nodak and go to games, or does he stream them? If he lives in or near Madison, I'd love to meet him. (I"m not seriously inviting myself--just saying).

Comment

Anything fun or interesting happen during the off-season. You know, arrests, cop car escapes, lawn mower tossing, elevator peeing, $20 bill counterfeiting, toe freezing, handshake line assaulting, racist nicknaming, secret Nazi vaults? if you are not going to bother to go to the NCAA's playoffs, you might as well do something worth while off the ice.
      I sure miss the old days.
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
        Anything fun or interesting happen during the off-season.
        Big doings. Real big.

And oh yeah, Dogs & Que concession added at the Ralph.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          Big doings. Real big.

And oh yeah, Dogs & Que concession added at the Ralph.
          Oh, is that funny.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post

Does your Dad live back in Nodak and go to games, or does he stream them? If he lives in or near Madison, I'd love to meet him. (I"m not seriously inviting myself--just saying).
            He lives in minot. Loves UND Hockey. My brother, Und law school grad and Fargo resident, has season tix and has him there for games a few times a year.
            Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

He lives in minot. Loves UND Hockey. My brother, Und law school grad and Fargo resident, has season tix and has him there for games a few times a year.
              I'm guessing he's a big Morelli fan?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                I'm guessing he's a big Morelli fan?
                Yeah, Reggie and his family were next door neighbors and the kids were the same age as my brothers. We knew them quite well.
                Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Just thought I'd pop in here and say that I am so glad North Dakota has abandoned the "Fighting Sioux" moniker in favor of the "Frightened Hawks". It gives our Gophers a decided advantage when we pound those scared·y-cat birds in Las Vegas on 10/27.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Yeah, Reggie and his family were next door neighbors and the kids were the same age as my brothers. We knew them quite well.
                    Know Matt and Mason well and have met Reg. Matt and I coached a summer team for 2 summers that are kids were on. Great people.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

The Fighting Hawks could have 12-15 players selected in the next two drafts alone.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...-nhl-prospects
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                        The Fighting Hawks could have 12-15 players selected in the next two drafts alone.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...-nhl-prospects
                        A few of the Canadians will jerk your chain, and go major junior after they get a better offer. You are just the safety school if they can't get what they want north of the border.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          A few of the Canadians will jerk your chain, and go major junior after they get a better offer. You are just the safety school if they can't get what they want north of the border.
                          We shall see but really thanks for your concern
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            Just thought I'd pop in here and say that I am so glad North Dakota has abandoned the "Fighting Sioux" moniker in favor of the "Frightened Hawks". It gives our Gophers a decided advantage when we pound those scared·y-cat birds in Las Vegas on 10/27.
                            Oh-kay ...

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                              We shall see but really thanks for your concern
                              I actually don't want it to happen, I want as much great talent in the NCAA as possible. I would prefer to see my great team beat your great team, than my mediocre team beat your mediocre team. You lose either way, but the first way is a much better game.

Comment

Working...
                              X