Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    It's been free for the past couple of years. I do think they charged for it at one time, but other teams have been enjoying the webcasts for quite some time, at no cost.

They are generally pretty good quality, but there have been issues on occasion, so don't complain if it isn't great, again it's free. I have seen worse from DU, CC, and Tech feeds this season, and those I did have to pay for.

You do need a broadband Internet connection with 512 kbps download speed or faster, and Real Player.
    I've watched it a few times and the quality has been pretty good. I do recall one time when I bought the feed it ended up not working, but they got it all sorted out and refunded me.

No complaints when it's free, that's about the right price to watch the Gophers these days.
    04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
    USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
    I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
    Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
    I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Frankly, it is worth a shot. If it doesn't work? Whoopee, back to square one. If it does? Whoopee! Bonus!

Now I just have to hope some other college game(s) are on tv until MN-UAA time.
      I have the DU/UND game listed on the FCSC network on Friday and Saturday, if you get it.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        I have the DU/UND game listed on the FCSC network on Friday and Saturday, if you get it.
        I have all the FS channels, and I know about the home contract with UND, so I should have that game. Hopefully it's a decent one.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I have all the FS channels, and I know about the home contract with UND, so I should have that game. Hopefully it's a decent one.
          I have that as well. Maybe Gwoz will walk around the rink again this year and give us some entertainment.

I watched part of a Sioux UAA game earlier this year on the free UAA link and it was pretty decent. I thought it was better than the B10 feed that broadcast the Gopher Michigan State game. So who knows.
          Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

Go Seawolves! You can sweep this team. The coffin lid is closed, it just needs a few more nails in it. It's gotta suck to be a gopher fan.
            Bob is making me concerned
            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
              Go Seawolves! You can sweep this team. The coffin lid is closed, it just needs a few more nails in it. It's gotta suck to be a gopher fan.
              Not as bad as being a Vikings fan.

Comment

It's gotta suck to be a gopher fan.
                It hurts way more to be a Vikings fan. My guess is many Gopher fans will not be thinking about hockey this week. I expect no trash talking or even talking about UAA. It will be a low in the action.
                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Being Viking fans, we should be used to the letdowns. Oh, maybe the gopher fans are getting use to that too. Any gopher fans heading to Alaska?
                  Bob is making me concerned
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

The question is which gopher team will show up?
                    Gophers should sweep, but they are staggering right now. If they tighten up the D and Schroeder gets out of his own way and puts one in the team should light them up. My fear is the realization that they aren't going to be in the ncaa regional at xcel will set in and they're going to be flat.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                      It hurts way more to be a Vikings fan. My guess is many Gopher fans will not be thinking about hockey this week. I expect no trash talking or even talking about UAA. It will be a low in the action.
                      I think Paul Allen has enrolled in anger management classes after Sunday's broadcast.

A Gopher sweep of UAA is possible but with this bipolar bunch I'm not sure which team will show on which night. UAA is capable of scoring goals and has managed series splits against good teams, so this will be a tough series on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                        I think Paul Allen has enrolled in anger management classes after Sunday's broadcast.

A Gopher sweep of UAA is possible but with this bipolar bunch I'm not sure which team will show on which night. UAA is capable of scoring goals and has managed series splits against good teams, so this will be a tough series on the road.
                        I'm so tempted to post my Post-It pic, but after seeing them against St, Clooud..........
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I'm so tempted to post my Post-It pic, but after seeing them against St, Clooud..........
                          There's always "What is the technical definition of a weekend?" as a fall back in case the Gophers crap their pants again. But then again that's only good for Friday losses.

Comment

There's always "What is the technical definition of a weekend?" as a fall back in case the Gophers crap their pants again. But then again that's only good for Friday losses.
                            True, true.

I may mix a batch of Kool-Aid later this week. We'll see.

Comment

I'm sorry, as depressed as I was today, and as heartbreaking as that INT was, I laughed out loud listening to Paul Allen: "But why do you even ponder passing? I mean << YOU CAN TAKE A KNEE, AND TRY A 56 YARD FIELD GOAL. THIS IS NOT DETROIT MAN THIS IS THE SUPERBOWL!"

As for the series, I'll predict a split. I see nothing out of us to get a sweep and enough talent out of AA for a split. In fact, if we're not careful, we could easily get swept.

Comment

How long before tDon starts to feel some pressure about the status of his job? IMHO I think that he gets less out of his talent than other coaches. I know the Gophs have had some injuries this year, but you think with all the blue chippers they get they should just replace one guy for another and the machine rolls on. I just haven't seen that happening lately.
                                GO SEAWOLVES!

Comment

Working...
                                X