X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS: He's A Witch!

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    I may have skimmed the Constitution articles too fast tonight, but there isn't anything explicitly stating that he has to leave...
    Did you skip the 12th Amendment?

The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and all persons voted for as Vice-President and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate;

The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;

The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed;
    If he doesnt have the majority of Electors he has no authority under the Constitution. As such on Inauguration Day if he refuses to leave the Secret Service and or the Capital Police would arrest him for trespassing in the White House and throw him out on his butt. If he put up a fight then he brings down all sorts of other crimes upon himself...many of which will not go over well with them

There isnt much the Supreme Court can do about it unless they plan to authorize a coup. They do that and America as we know it is dead anyways. Even if they really really want to I dont see them coming close to doing that. If the States certify their results and Trump loses he is done.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      So this crap over the navy secretary...I know everyone here (but scooby) still thinks our institutions will protect the country if he loses next year and won’t leave. But his pathetic dominance over the navy leadership this week is just sick. He’s bullying people like he has his whole life and I have no doubt he thinks he can bully secret service or anyone to listen to his orders. He is the king, after all.
      I still suspect he’ll file suits like crazy if he loses and use the courts to stall and delay and hope for his SC buddies to come through.
      That’s the thing though. They have to follow his orders. Or resign. I’m disappointed Esper didn’t resign.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        That’s the thing though. They have to follow his orders. Or resign. I’m disappointed Esper didn’t resign.
        There have been a lot of resignations. And they don’t have to follow his orders if his orders subvert the actual law, was more my point

Comment

The law may say he has to leave, but will he?

Cue up Louis CK, and I'm paraphrasing: We can't go. "Why not?" Bill doesn't want to put his shoes on. "Dude, Bill, what's your deal?!"
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So this crap over the navy secretary...I know everyone here (but scooby) still thinks our institutions will protect the country if he loses next year and won’t leave.
            And me...

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              Sarah Huckleberry Sanders: I hate being called a liar.

Also Sarah Huckleberry Sanders: Donald Trump reads more than anyone I know.
              Crawl line on Fox News IS reading
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                jfc
                Why do you hate women?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  The spinelessness of our government officials toward this guy is maybe my biggest disappointment in all this.
                  This can not be repeated too many times
                  "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                  Groucho Marx
                  "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                  Ron White
                  "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                  Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

"Folksy" Louisiana Senator walked back his claim that it could be Ukraine that hacked the DNC. And then added "“There’s a lot of evidence Ukraine tried to meddle in the election in 2016."

Because a few op-eds in Ukrainian media condemning Trump for supporting Putin on Crimea is the same thing as the finding that "The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion," --leading to indictments of 13 Russians and 3 Russian entities.
                    Both sides.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Did you skip the 12th Amendment?
                      Yes; and I previously admitted I did just skim it quickly.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      If he doesnt have the majority of Electors he has no authority under the Constitution. As such on Inauguration Day if he refuses to leave the Secret Service and or the Capital Police would arrest him for trespassing in the White House and throw him out on his butt. If he put up a fight then he brings down all sorts of other crimes upon himself...many of which will not go over well with them

There isnt much the Supreme Court can do about it unless they plan to authorize a coup. They do that and America as we know it is dead anyways. Even if they really really want to I dont see them coming close to doing that. If the States certify their results and Trump loses he is done.
                      I worry that it doesn't explicitly say "And the losing incumbent gets his bum a** thrown to the curb on the third Tuesday of January and provided one bus fare token for himself and his immediate family," that this weasel will find some Rudy Guiliani sized "loophole" to push the issue.

Trump, and his associates, are the sh**head kids in middle school who answer their test questions with "technically correct, yet blatantly wrong" answers.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        Yes; and I previously admitted I did just skim it quickly.

I worry that it doesn't explicitly say "And the losing incumbent gets his bum a** thrown to the curb on the third Tuesday of January and provided one bus fare token for himself and his immediate family," that this weasel will find some Rudy Guiliani sized "loophole" to push the issue.

Trump, and his associates, are the sh**head kids in middle school who answer their test questions with "technically correct, yet blatantly wrong" answers.
                        You're assuming we actually have an election next November?

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          Bout time everyone pays attention to mookie

Comment

• Re: POTUS: He's A Witch!

I know everyone here (but scooby) still thinks our institutions will protect the country if he loses next year and won’t leave.
                            Literally nobody think "our institutions will protect us." We have to protect our institutions.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Literally nobody think "our institutions will protect us." We have to protect our institutions.
                              Yep. When I say it, I'm just stating it in jest. We need to actively work to save ourselves.

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Oh we will. And it will go one of two ways: tDon wins and "the people have spoken" and want him again.

OR tDon loses, election meddling from outside sources blamed, and the re-election results are nullified. And then he just stays in office while searching for who interfered. And while his actions are contested, someone leaves RBG's window open at night in winter causing her to catch pneumonia. And then Drumpf puts another SC justice in to secure his kinghood.
                              Last edited by aparch; 11-26-2019, 08:43 AM.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: POTUS: He's A Witch!

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Yep. When I say it, I'm just stating it in jest. We need to actively work to save ourselves.

Oh we will. And it will go one of two ways: tDon wins and "the people have spoken" and want him again.

OR tDon loses, election meddling from outside sources blamed, and the re-election results are nullified. And then he just stays in office while searching for who interfered.
                                I see it as a possibility. Only because we have EVERY single Republican in the United States of America carrying his water. It's amazing. Is there a more powerless faction in the United States than the Never Trumpers? They have to be the most worthless political faction/movement that has ever existed. The Green Party has more power.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X