No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones, Season V: Arya Ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones, Season V: Arya Ready?

Sam got himself some Gillyweed and Cersei made Tywin's admonition of her from last season come to fruition: that she's not as smart as she thinks she is because finally realized that she's made a weapon for playing the Game of Thrones that's stronger than herself.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      In the very first episode, are the seven women who surround the "mad king" on his death bed, the same ones that just brought Cersei in?
      The Mad King never makes an appearance in Game of Thrones...he was killed by the Kingslayer something like 10 years before the events in the first episode of GoT. So, I'm not sure what you're talking about...

Loved this episode. Lots of good storyelines bearing fruit. Sam finally gets with Gilly, Cersei gets her desevrings, and Tyrion meets Dany. The rest of this season is going to be turned up a few notches, I'm guessing.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Episode nine of each season is usually the climax of events (Ned's Lost Head, Red Wedding, Purple Wedding, Battle at Castle Black) with episode ten dealing with the fallout. Just to give a slight bit of thought to the progression of the show's history. I'm excited to see where it goes this year. I'm wagering it'll be the battle at Winterfell for which they've been selling all season long or something to do with Dany. The High Sparrow's story will be the season conclusion. All speculation on my part, but it's just how I see the season ending.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          The Mad King never makes an appearance in Game of Thrones...he was killed by the Kingslayer something like 10 years before the events in the first episode of GoT. So, I'm not sure what you're talking about...

Loved this episode. Lots of good storyelines bearing fruit. Sam finally gets with Gilly, Cersei gets her desevrings, and Tyrion meets Dany. The rest of this season is going to be turned up a few notches, I'm guessing.
          Agreed ... more sensible outcome than last week. I actually like this slight change in the players in Cersei's (temporary?) downfall. More meaningful and delicious that it's her own cousin spilling the truth than some former hedge knight. However, don't lose sight of the fact that, if all the hints in the book and from last season really point to something important, the evil b**** will have a big, big card up her sleeve when/if she goes to trial.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

In the very first episode of the series who is the guy laying dead on the table in Kings Landing then with the seven ladies circling him?
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              In the very first episode of the series who is the guy laying dead on the table in Kings Landing then with the seven ladies circling him?
              Jon Arryn, King Robert's hand and mentor to both Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark. The guy whose death Ned investigates for half of season 1.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Jon Arryn, King Robert's hand and mentor to both Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark. The guy whose death Ned investigates for half of season 1.
                Yeah, his death is pretty much the whole catalyst for the show. Without it, Ned never goes to King's Landing to become the Hand. Robert still likely dies by way of Cersei's plotting, but the North wouldn't get involved in open rebellion. John Arryn might have still died, but it's not certain as we know that his death was put in motion by Little Finger and his Arryn's wife.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Yeah, his death is pretty much the whole catalyst for the show. Without it, Ned never goes to King's Landing to become the Hand. Robert still likely dies by way of Cersei's plotting, but the North wouldn't get involved in open rebellion. John Arryn might have still died, but it's not certain as we know that his death was put in motion by Little Finger and his Arryn's wife.

Ahh okay. Thank you. Are those ladies the same ones that grabbed Cersei or just coincidence they looked similar?
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Ahh okay. Thank you. Are those ladies the same ones that grabbed Cersei or just coincidence they looked similar?
                    The women with John Arryn's body were the Silent Sisters, they perform various rituals on behalf of the Seven Gods, like funeral rites. They might have been the women with Cersei, but I don't know. This is beyond the point I've read in the books. It's likely that they are.

Comment

Episode 10 this season has been titled Mother's Mercy. Yet the casting of the book's character that sometimes goes by the alias Mother Mercy (as well as Lady Stoneheart) has been flatly denied as ever becoming part of the book, or they're just withholding it for a long-waited surprise. The Mother's Mercy may also reference the Mother of the Seven-Faced God, with the High Sparrow giving pardon to either Margaery, Loras or even Cersei. There are a whole host of things it could reference, which is why HBO chose the episode title, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Episode 10 this season has been titled Mother's Mercy. Yet the casting of the book's character that sometimes goes by the alias Mother Mercy (as well as Lady Stoneheart) has been flatly denied as ever becoming part of the book, or they're just withholding it for a long-waited surprise. The Mother's Mercy may also reference the Mother of the Seven-Faced God, with the High Sparrow giving pardon to either Margaery, Loras or even Cersei. There are a whole host of things it could reference, which is why HBO chose the episode title, I suppose.
                        I would guess that we'll see that the "Mother's Mercy" isn't very merciful for some characters...

Hidden:
                        I don't think Lady Stoneheart is going to be in the series, in the form she was in the books. All indications are that she is being left out. Which sucks, but if they added everything from the books, the series would be 3 times as long.

The list of storylines left out is getting large.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The obsession over that character in half a dozen pages out of thousands 15 years ago (and counting) is amusing. If they brought it back for one scene, what are they going to do with it afterwards? Toss it in a corner to be ignored like the author did?
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            The obsession over that character in half a dozen pages out of thousands 15 years ago (and counting) is amusing. If they brought it back for one scene, what are they going to do with it afterwards? Toss it in a corner to be ignored like the author did?
                            That character's scene ended book 3, which is the book I just finished. Before next season begins I'm reading the remaining books that have been written. It's too bad that character is dropped, could've made for a few spectacular scenes/passages, though too much of the character would likely feel out of place to the story as a whole. The idea of consequences for the even the most well-meaning characters would end right then and there.

I'd like to read the novellas that GRRM wrote called something like "Aemon and Egg". I'm not sure on the titles, but they were referenced briefly during Aemon's death scene last week.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              That character's scene ended book 3, which is the book I just finished. Before next season begins I'm reading the remaining books that have been written. It's too bad that character is dropped, could've made for a few spectacular scenes/passages, though too much of the character would likely feel out of place to the story as a whole. The idea of consequences for the even the most well-meaning characters would end right then and there.

I'd like to read the novellas that GRRM wrote called something like "Aemon and Egg". I'm not sure on the titles, but they were referenced briefly during Aemon's death scene last week.
                              I stand (slightly) corrected.

Hidden:
                              Hidden:
                              There are 3-4 more pages in book 4. Not likely enough to add a few scenes in the remaining 23-30 episodes.)
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                Doesn't it seem odd, though, that pretty much ALL of the story lines (both overt and exposition mentioned in the books) from the Riverlands post-RW (including the Brotherhood Without Banners, Brienne's journeys to and through there from King's Landing, the fallout against House Frey where Frey leaders are killed left and right, Jaime ending sieges at Riverrun and Raventree) have all been excised from the show? Pretty much the only thing we have seen is a little bit from the adventures of Arya and the Hound.
                                Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 05-31-2015, 04:04 PM.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X