2019-20 D-III games / scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
    Does anyone know why the d3 tourney has expanded to 10 teams while d1 still has only 8?
    There are less teams in D1 than D3. Their tourney actually has more bids than the access ratio. There are 41 teams and the access ratio is 6.5 which puts the number of bids they are required at 6 (41÷6.5= 6.3 and drop the .3).

DIII is at 67 teams. 67÷6.5= 10.3

Edit: doing the math, DIII is two new programs away from 11 bids. The number of teams that will push it to 11 is 72 and there will be 70 programs with the additions of WNEU and Lawrence this fall and Arcadia and Curry in 2021 and the subtraction of St. Thomas which intends to reclassify as a D1.
    Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-18-2020, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
      There are less teams in D1 than D3. Their tourney actually has more bids than the access ratio. There are 41 teams and the access ratio is 6.5 which puts the number of bids they are required at 6 (41÷6.5= 6.3 and drop the .3).

DIII is at 67 teams. 67÷6.5= 10.3

Edit: doing the math, DIII is two new programs away from 11 bids. The number of teams that will push it to 11 is 72 and there will be 70 programs with the additions of WNEU and Lawrence this fall and Arcadia and Curry in 2021 and the subtraction of St. Thomas which intends to reclassify as a D1.
      DI doesn't use the 1:6.5 access ratio - they have a different scheme. 11 teams in DIII isn't going to happen. They passed a rule that there must be an even number of teams.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Gustavus beats U-W Superior tonight 3-0.

Comment

Eau Claire shuts out River Falls 1-0.
          Augsburg give up the lead lead but scored with 25 seconds left and upsets St. Thomas 3-2.
          Colby shuts out Amherst on the road 1-0.
          Plattsburgh, Middlebury, GAC and Hamilton all winners today as well.

Comment

Plattsburgh finishes the regular season 24-1 with an 8-2 win over Morrisville

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Augsburg sweeps St. Thomas with their win today.
              River Falls beats Eau Claire at home.
              Elmira defeats Nazareth 3-1.

Only thing up for grabs prior to conference tourneys is the #1 seed in the UCHC. Elmira takes on Utica and Nazareth takes on William Smith tomorrow. If both Elmira and William Smith win it would come down to tie breakers for the 1 seed. They are split H2H and I'm not sure what the next tiebreaker is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                Augsburg sweeps St. Thomas with their win today.
                River Falls beats Eau Claire at home.
                Elmira defeats Nazareth 3-1.

Only thing up for grabs prior to conference tourneys is the #1 seed in the UCHC. Elmira takes on Utica and Nazareth takes on William Smith tomorrow. If both Elmira and William Smith win it would come down to tie breakers for the 1 seed. They are split H2H and I'm not sure what the next tiebreaker is.
                UCHC Tournament Page (Men’s and Women’s)
                Should both Elmira and William Smith win tomorrow (in regulation), I believe we need to go all the way down to tie-breaker #4 (League Regulation Wins), where Elmira wins with 14 to William Smith’s 13. Although I’ll be honest... that #3 tie-breaker confuses the hell outta me the way it is worded! So I could be wrong with going all the way to #4, but Elmira, William Smith, and Nazareth all split with one-another, and won-out against all other League teams, so #3 may very well be a ‘push’.

Anyway, should it require Bonus Hockey for Elmira to win (and William Smith wins in regulation), Elmira would have the edge on tie-breaker #5 (League Goals Allowed) with 11 to William Smith’s 26... unless of course Elmira wins in OT by a score of 16-15.

So for Elmira to secure the Regular Season #1 spot, it all comes down to... “Just Win, Baby!”

Cheers!!!
                ~TTF
                Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 02-22-2020, 10:24 PM.
                Dave
                RIT - '90

Comment

• Amanda Conway sets the new Norwich all-time points record with her 176th career point in yesterday’s 9-0 win over Salem State.

Conway went on to score 4 points and now has 179 to tie for 8th all-time in ncaa Division 3 history. She has 110 goals, which ranks 3rd.

Conway passed Julie Fortier ‘12.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

• 2019-20 D-III games / scores

Not sure I got the point in the Weekend Wrap about UW River Falls improving their PairWise position. Before their weekend series, they were ranked 6th with .6290. At the moment they are ranked 6th with .6287. Am I not looking at this correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by ThatGirlCanPlay; 02-23-2020, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGirlCanPlay View Post
                      Not sure I got the point in the Weekend Wrap about UW River Falls improving their PairWise position. Before their weekend series, they were ranked 6th with .6290. At the moment they are ranked 6th with .6287. Am I not looking at this correctly?

Not totally shocked that USCHO might have made a mistake. I also disagree with their line about Norwich being in the most precarious position among the Pool A top seeds. Adrian is even lower in the PWR and they actually stand more of a chance of being upset in the NCHA than Norwich does in the NEHC. In fact I think they're one of the most invulnerable considering they haven't even had a one-goal game in NEHC play compared to the 1 seeds who have blemishes or Plattsburgh who was taken to OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatGirlCanPlay View Post

According to the article River Falls was 7th going in so either they made a mistake or you did.
                        UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                        NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                        Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                          According to the article River Falls was 7th going in so either they made a mistake or you did.
                          Fair comment. The intent of my post was not to call out mistakes. I am somewhat fascinated by PairWise, so I was merely seeking to understand. For instance, I take regular screenshots of the PairWise rankings and then look to see how outcomes of games affect the various teams' RPI scores. The data I was citing was taken from a screenshot Friday morning. On the prior Tuesday evening, RF was tied for 4th (.6284) with Endicott (.6344), which leads to a whole different question:

What mechanism within PairWise leads to considering those two teams being tied for 4th, similar to the current PairWise having Endicott and Gustavus being tied for 4th where Endicott has an RPI of .6485 and GAC is at .6289, yet Hamilton is not tied with Amherst even though their scores are nearly identical at .6071 and .6070 respectively? Again, just seeking to understand. Thanks.

Comment

I won’t pretend to know how the pairwise works in its deepest roots, but I tend to believe it’s the most fair way of doing things

Comment

• Originally posted by D3WomensHockey View Post
                              I won’t pretend to know how the pairwise works in its deepest roots, but I tend to believe it’s the most fair way of doing things
                              +1

At the end of the day, win your games. If you don’t, the pairwise is the most fair system to pick the remaining three bids.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGirlCanPlay View Post
                                RPI is updated dynamically, and includes results of opponents games and games by opponents' opponents. Perhaps when you looked, there was either a game in progress or a subsequent game that involved someone whose results counted
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X