Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 8: Candidates Can Only Work for A Vegan Farm Market

and she walked away.

if she doesn't have an answer....... don't bring it up.

leadership!

would be better if she was like dx and just said "f you".
    leaders don't walk away.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Yeah, sorry. **** that guy. We all had to play with the rules of the game today.

Where’s mine? Me me me. US national anthem, right there.
      It’s just such a terrible argument.

“I had to suffer so everyone else should too!”
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Re: Democratic Challengers 8: Candidates Can Only Work for A Vegan Farm Market

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        While I get his anger, there is always a cutoff point, and yes, some people don't get to benefit like others. That being said, I'm not for the "100% free college" plan. I'm for some sort of form for help with college (reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly low interest loans, maybe free trade college since the shortage is really bad right now, etc, open to ideas). It's a delicate matter, considering the dollar amounts involved.
        Pretty simple solution. First two years are free. Go back 10 years for everyone with school loans and pay them back the first two years they paid for and forgive everyone who hasn't paid it yet the first two years. 1/2 for everybody and going back 10 years. That probably equates to less money than forgiving everything that's in the system now and takes care of that dad that asked the question.

Either way it's still the best economic stimulus package you could pass. Way way way better then corporate stock buybacks we just spent 1 trillion dollars on. 1 TRILLION ****ing dollars.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

💥!

https://t.co/F4PQpFhXEF?amp=1
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            nobody mentioned the "confrontation" in iowa with the guy who saved to pay his daugthers education bill??

mookie tries to tell all y'all from day one. americans, no matter the class, oppose a select group getting gifts. if one runs on that, that person has no shot.

doa
            sorry

and for warren to have no answer for him.....
            No answer? Lol, Warren basically told him to get stuffed.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Pretty simple solution. First two years are free. Go back 10 years for everyone with school loans and pay them back the first two years they paid for and forgive everyone who hasn't paid it yet the first two years. 1/2 for everybody and going back 10 years. That probably equates to less money than forgiving everything that's in the system now and takes care of that dad that asked the question.
              It's not anywhere near as simple as you project it to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                No answer? Lol, Warren basically told him to get stuffed.
                Luckily she has a fallback job in the Senate
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Luckily she has a fallback job in the Senate
                  I think her response was appropriate. She is trying to promote a policy which she believes will result in a net benefit the entire country, and he is seeking to protect his own selfishness. If he had attacked the policy because it would not result in a net benefit, he would have deserved a detailed response. Maybe her proposal would cost too much or would harm so many that it would result in a net detriment, but that is not where he was coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    I think her response was appropriate. She is trying to promote a policy which she believes will result in a net benefit the entire country, and he is seeking to protect his own selfishness.
                    Selfishness, or personal responsibility?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Selfishness, or personal responsibility?
                      Good question. Personal responsibility initially, certainly. But in the context of his confrontation, selfishness.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        Good question. Personal responsibility initially, certainly. But in the context of his confrontation, selfishness.
                        In that confrontation, I would agree.

Overall, if he had approached the situation in a different way, I'd say personal responsibility. But he neglected to do that.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Man, I liked it better when the forum site kept crashing on me! Geeesh...
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Loan forgiveness could be a great way to solve other systemic economic problems. Here's my plan which I spent all of 1 minute thinking up:

1. No loans are "forgiven," so dx's free rider concern is addressed.

2. If you do certain work, your loan payments for the duration of your employment at that work are paid for you by the government. That work: public school teacher, nurse, child care worker, paramedic, home health aide, social worker, non-profit employee, pro-bono attorney, pro-bono doctor, public defender. In general, the jobs we really need filled with competent and motivated people which pay poorly or not at all.

So, dx paid back his loans so he has the privilege to work anywhere he wants. That's what he paid for. OTOH, an idealist can go deeply into debt getting a law degree and then not have to pay for it if she becomes part of Gideon's Army. At any given time you can decide to opt in or out of the system -- it maximizes personal freedom. You don't have to "declare" to receive benefit, you simply provide proof that you're working in an approved humanitarian, low-compensation profession.

Work long enough in your field and you never pay a penny in loans. And you're getting a huge reward for doing good works. Note also the government now has skin in the game to get the best loan terms for you, because they may well end up paying for them, so they crack down on predatory lending.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 01-27-2020, 09:53 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

In a fun twist, my neighbor with the yang sign and bumper sticker has replaced the sign with a Warren sign

Comment

We forgave Wall Street and the auto industry, but eff the little guy.

Imagine the "trickle down" (chubby inducing word for knuckle-draggers) that would result from the increased spending on every day items currently being paid back to the lenders?

Comment

Working...
                                X