X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 D1 Scores

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Amy Potomak...wow!
    This gave the Gophers an extra point in the WCHA standings. Watching in "Full Screen" view recommended.

https://***********/GopherWHockey/st...21857510039552
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by play-by-play guy View Post
      The shootout after the 3 x 3 is a sudden death affair. The 3 x 3 is also only for a bonus point only and does not count for a win.
      And that 'only a bonus point' currently has Minnesota in first place in the WHCA standings, if you count by 'standings points lost'.

Last year, Minnesota won the regular season championship by "only two bonus points". In 2016, Wisconsin won the regular season championship by "only a bonus point".

So my thought or question remains...

Comment

HU 6 - PU 2 final

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
          HU 6 - PU 2 final
          That score is a bit of an eye opener...
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            That score is a bit of an eye opener...
            Really not a fan of the national teams taking college players in the middle of their season
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              Really not a fan of the national teams taking college players in the middle of their season
              Agreed. Not only is it not fair to the team where the player plays, it’s not fair to the teams that play that team at full strength. Harvard gets a walkover when other schools had to play Princeton with their best players.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                I guess...it certainly can affect individual teams,like Princeton,but, overall, this week has only 9 college players participating in Pittsburgh. (6 for Canada,3 for USA)

Comment

• Originally posted by mnwis View Post
                  I guess...it certainly can affect individual teams,like Princeton,but, overall, this week has only 9 college players participating in Pittsburgh. (6 for Canada,3 for USA)
                  I suppose it’s harder for Ivy teams to take a weekend off what with their late start to begin with. I agree with you guys though, it’s unfortunate.

Was at the game last night and wow, did I enjoy watching Gabel and Fillier.. Great players

Comment

C'mon guys. Is Fillier all that stands between the Tigers and "walkovers"? Maybe you can’t judge Princeton with this one game, but you can judge Harvard last night: relentless. Give Fillier her one point per game and Thompson a strong outing and you've still got 5-3, FINAL

Btw, who has the final say on these mid-season interruptions, the coaches or the players? I'm assuming it's the former.
                    Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 11-09-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                      C'mon guys. Is Fillier all that stands between the Tigers and "walkovers"? Maybe you can’t judge Princeton with this one game, but you can judge Harvard last night: relentless. Give Fillier her one point per game and Thompson a strong outing and you've still got 5-3, FINAL

Btw, who has the final say on these mid-season interruptions, the coaches or the players? I'm assuming it's the former.
                      Fortunately, they play again...I do think you may be underestimating the value of a TOP player(s) on a team like Princeton...a close example would be UMD a few years ago with Stalder...

Comment

Originally posted by mnwis View Post
                        Fortunately, they play again...I do think you may be underestimating the value of a TOP player(s) on a team like Princeton...a close example would be UMD a few years ago with Stalder...
                        Perhaps. Princeton still had 42 SOG. We had Reed, along with everybody else.

Comment

Weekend sweep for the Crimson as they take down the Lady Bobcats 3-2 in OT. Recovered from a late Quinny goal on the PP with 18 seconds left in regulation. A lot of heart and composure to come back to win on the road.

Comment

Upset of the day

UConn 5, Boston College 2
                            (shots were 34-29)
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              Upset of the day

UConn 5, Boston College 2
                              (shots were 34-29)
                              BC missing anyone besides Barnes?
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                                I suppose it’s harder for Ivy teams to take a weekend off what with their late start to begin with. I agree with you guys though, it’s unfortunate.

Was at the game last night and wow, did I enjoy watching Gabel and Fillier.. Great players
                                I really thought that Victoria Bach stood out and was the best player on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X