Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Huh. Weren't we all told that Trump was the champion of nationalism and wasn't one of those "Globalists" that would allow that sort of thing...

And weren't we told that there obviously was zero Russian influence?
    Mob Rules in the US.

Was listening to a Medical Doctor discussing the ramifications of the laws that are being passed in Alabama, etc. and it's quite frightening how little compassion we have for families that one minute are celebrating a pending birth of a child and then the next minute are planning a funeral. But, hey, "pro life".
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Huh. Weren't we all told that Trump was the champion of nationalism and wasn't one of those "Globalists" that would allow that sort of thing...

And weren't we told that there obviously was zero Russian influence?
      It gets juicier.

Rachel Maddow notes how the dots connect awkwardly for Mitch McConnell after the wife of the lobbyist who alerted McConnell to a huge Russian investment in Kentucky was suddenly processed for a federal judgeship for which she is not qualified. Within five weeks of Mitch McConnell getting that call from David Vitter saying, Hey I've got an aluminum plant we're going to put in your home state! Thanks from Oleg! —Wendy Vitter's nomination got pulled off the trash heap by McConnell.

And now she is a federal judge. For life.
      https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/...WKWkwIx2tChyKg
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        I can't even.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          I can't even.
          It's a pretty amazing story. A lifetime Judgeship for someone who is not qualified as the quid pro quo. And, nothing can be done about it.

Comment

This is interesting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/21/n...JAq9TQ4_ttPzu0

The New York State Assembly passed a bill on Tuesday that would allow state prosecutors to pursue charges against any individual granted a presidential pardon for similar federal crimes, closing a loophole that lawmakers said could be exploited by President Trump in a bid to indemnify former associates.

The bill, which has already passed the State Senate and has the support of Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, would exempt the state’s so-called double jeopardy law from cases involving presidential pardons, something supporters say is necessary to stave off a possible abuse of Mr. Trump’s pardon power.

On Wednesday, the Legislature — controlled by Democrats — is expected to pass a separate bill that would allow three congressional committees to seek Mr. Trump’s state tax returns; that bill also has the support of Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat in his third term.

The legislative efforts may prove a viable way to circumvent the White House’s stonewalling of attempts by the House of Representatives to investigate behavior of the Republican president and his subordinates. On Tuesday, Donald F. McGahn II, the former White House counsel, ignored a House subpoena to testify on attempts to obstruct the investigation into Russia’s involvement in the 2016 election.
            Pretty sad that a State has to do the Congress' job for them. It will be interesting to see if it works. Also interesting that there is a loophole they had to close or the pardons may have worked.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Pretty sad that a State has to do the Congress' job for them. It will be interesting to see if it works. Also interesting that there is a loophole they had to close or the pardons may have worked.
              I'm sure the "states rights!" "federalism!" SCOTUS GOPers will rule it's unconstitutional. Until the parties are reversed -- then it will be fine.

We're dealing with terrorists. It's not going to be pleasant. But hey, at least we have an existential crisis to illuminate our lives. Hell, we have three (fascism, Plutocracy, the environmental destruction of the Earth). Chuck Palahniuk should be happy at last. We have our war.

Let's stop being surprised or unhappy and win it so our kids can go back to sleep and our grandkids can whine that everything's too safe.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Huh. Government is directly telling private corporations how to run their business.

Lemme check my notes... Oh! It's right here from Flaggy's playbook circa 2011: That's Authortarian Nationalization of private business!

Free market at work, my a**.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

What about all those billions of $$ the Chinese are paying us on their tariffs? Won't anyone think of the tariffs?

Comment

*sees Trump trending on Twitter*

Oh Boy.

Yep. Total sane actions and talk by the bestest, most mentally fit President in the history of Presidents.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

*sees Trump trending on Twitter*

Oh Boy.

Yep. Total sane actions and talk by the bestest, most mentally fit President in the history of Presidents.
                      CNN showed the tweets from just a couple hours: dozens of incoherent ramblings punctuated by exclamation points and ALL CAPS. This monkey's gone to heaven.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 05-22-2019, 11:53 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        CNN showed the tweets from just a couple hours: dozens of incoherent ramblings punctuated my exclamation points and ALL CAPS. This monkey's gone to heaven.
                        And they're all lies again. It's not a lie if you believe it AND if you say it often enough and loud enough it becomes the truth is becoming more and more true every day.

Comment

By the way, how "impromptu" was his Rose Garden speech an hour ago when the staffers had time to run to Kinkos and get posters printed for the gathering?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

By the way, how "impromptu" was his Rose Garden speech an hour ago when the staffers had time to run to Kinkos and get posters printed for the gathering?
                            It just shows how efficient the Trump White House is.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              It just shows how efficient the Trump White House is.
                              Terrible at proofreading though. "13" angry Democrats became "18."

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So, does the Congress have oversight responsibilities anymore?

I think the wikipedia needs to updated. Maybe it should say in the first paragraph "used to".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_oversight

Congressional oversight is oversight by the United States Congress over the Executive Branch, including the numerous U.S. federal agencies. Congressional oversight includes the review, monitoring, and supervision of federal agencies, programs, activities, and policy implementation.[1] Congress exercises this power largely through its congressional committee system. Oversight also occurs in a wide variety of congressional activities and contexts. These include authorization, appropriations, investigative, and legislative hearings by standing committees; specialized investigations by select committees; and reviews and studies by congressional support agencies and staff.

Congress’s oversight authority derives from its “implied” powers in the Constitution, public laws, and House and Senate rules. It is an integral part of the American system of checks and balances.

Comment

Working...
                                X