Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

Meanwhile in the World Championships, Canada lost to Finland and the USA is losing to Slovakia 3-1 in the 2nd. (4-1 final)

In the other group, Sweden beat the Czechs and Russia rolled Norway.
    Last edited by joecct; 05-10-2019, 03:33 PM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      the USA is losing to Slovakia 3-1 in the 2nd. (4-1 final)
      My people!

BTW, the Slovaks would have the best anthem on Earth if it weren't for the Russians and Germans.

Oh, holy sh-t; my other people!

I didn't even have to use my AK.
      Last edited by Kepler; 05-10-2019, 04:51 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Meanwhile in the World Championships, Canada lost to Finland and the USA is losing to Slovakia 3-1 in the 2nd. (4-1 final)

In the other group, Sweden beat the Czechs and Russia rolled Norway.
        After Day 1 we're in the relegation zone.

Only half the teams have played, but with Germany playing Britain and Denmark vs France, we could still be there after tomorrow.

Day 3 we play France and Canada plays Britain, so after that we should be in the clear.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          After Day 1 we're in the relegation zone.

Only half the teams have played, but with Germany playing Britain and Denmark vs France, we could still be there after tomorrow.

Day 3 we play France and Canada plays Britain, so after that we should be in the clear.
          Let’s just not talk about GB only losing 3-1...

To be fair, playing the host team in the opening game was always gonna be a trap.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

USA notches a 7-1 win over France. That’ll help the goal differential. After today I would assume GBR will be solidly in last following their matchup with the Canadians.

Italy is going to be in for a tough go of it as well in the other group. 9-0 loss to Switzerland yesterday with a game against Sweden today.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Canada with a paltry 8-0 win against Britain. Probably should've been more like 15-0. 52 shots, lots of missed one timers on open nets and a few posts. I bet they could've played the whole game with six skaters and still won. I can only imagine what an A team from Canada would have done.

In the other division, Korea's goal differential record may be in jeopardy, and not from Britain like I had assumed. After an 8-0 loss today the Italians are now -17 after two games.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Jerks appear to be taking an early flight back to Raleigh
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Jerks appear to be taking an early flight back to Raleigh
                  Went down 0-2 v Capitals. That turned out ok.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    Canada with a paltry 8-0 win against Britain. Probably should've been more like 15-0. 52 shots, lots of missed one timers on open nets and a few posts. I bet they could've played the whole game with six skaters and still won. I can only imagine what an A team from Canada would have done.

In the other division, Korea's goal differential record may be in jeopardy, and not from Britain like I had assumed. After an 8-0 loss today the Italians are now -17 after two games.
                    Brits seem to be at least somewhat solid defensively and have a goalie that could give them a shot against France.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Well, Brind'Amour is leaving Mrazek out there to die after giving up 6 goals in 45 minutes and 10 unanswered on 51 shots.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Did Carolina play that bad against the caps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          Well, Brind'Amour is leaving Mrazek out there to die after giving up 6 goals in 45 minutes and 10 unanswered on 51 shots.
                          The alternative is Curtis McElhinney, so...

Comment

World Championships -Monday update

USA 3 FIN 2 F-OT
                            RUS 3 CZE 0 F
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

World Championships -Monday update

USA 3 FIN 2 F-OT
                              RUS 3 CZE 0 F
                              Canada beat Slovakia 6-5 with 2.1 seconds left in regulation.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Denmark - 9, Great Britain - 0.

Oof.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X