Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
    Well, 2 seniors, but only one played. But the goalie comes back next year and all those sophmores and freshmen this year? Next year could be exciting. I have no idea if they will win this year, but are they really underdogs? I don’t think so. Give Point an advantage for playing at home, sure, but the Cadets were ranked third and just beat the second ranked team. It should be a great game to watch!! Go Cadets!
    The Cadets have shown they can compete with anyone, but when you’re playing the number one team in the country, who happens to be undefeated, and you’re playing them at home, you definitely are considered the underdog! It’s quite all right though, this team has embraced the underdog mentality. Go Cadets!

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
      The Cadets have shown they can compete with anyone, but when you’re playing the number one team in the country, who happens to be undefeated, and you’re playing them at home, you definitely are considered the underdog! It’s quite all right though, this team has embraced the underdog mentality. Go Cadets!
      I think all the pressure is on Point. Undefeated season, never been done before and trying to win a national championship on your home ice with 1500 people gasping at every play.

Can’t wait for 7pm tonight Wisco time!

If anybody watched yesterday’s post-game press conference, the boys are “locked in sync” right now.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        I think all the pressure is on Point. Undefeated season, never been done before and trying to win a national championship on your home ice with 1500 people gasping at every play.

Can’t wait for 7pm tonight Wisco time!

If anybody watched yesterday’s post-game press conference, the boys are “locked in sync” right now.
        I absolutely agree that the pressure is on Point...we’re still the underdog

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
          I didn't have hard expectations for this season coming into it. I thought this team could definitely be a tourney team. But I definitely wasn't expecting this. Coach Cam certainly knows how to set the bar high!

Honestly hoping to see UWSP in the Finals. They're a juggernaut, so it's not because I think they'd be the easier team. However, going for a national championship and the first perfect season in DIII history on home ice is a lot of pressure. Let the Cadets play loose with nothing to lose.
          +1 I didn't expect this year's team to make it to the national championship game. Kudos to the team and Coach Cam for keeping focused to one game at a time.

You got your wish in UWSP. If you're going to win a national championship, why not do it beating the best team in the nation? Makes perfect sense to me. Wouldn't it be cool for those two seniors to bookend their college careers with national championships!

Go 'Wich!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
            I absolutely agree that the pressure is on Point...we’re still the underdog
            100 percent. saying same thing. Point is obviously the favorite. But I like the spot we're in.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              100 percent. saying same thing. Point is obviously the favorite. But I like the spot we're in.
              Let’s hope you and I turn out to be smart 😇

Comment

Helluva effort and season by the boys. UWSP is a historic team and they took them to overtime on their home ice. Feeling nothing but pride right now.

I think the Ellsworth Era is going to be alright.
                Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

+1. Great effort and great results from an outstanding team and coach. Proud of you all. What a season!

Good luck to Cam and Dave. The rest of you, we'll see you next year for another championship run.
                  Last edited by 17'sfanNU; 03-23-2019, 10:32 PM.
                  There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                    Helluva effort and season by the boys. UWSP is a historic team and they took them to overtime on their home ice. Feeling nothing but pride right now.

I think the Ellsworth Era is going to be alright.
                    The sad fact is, a bunch of front running, fair weather fans singing their praises tonight were pushing the panic button in December. The Ellsworth Era is going to be great, and a lot of people who don’t deserve to are going to enjoy it. There, I said it. Blame the beer.

Great coach. Great kids. Great season.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                      The sad fact is, a bunch of front running, fair weather fans singing their praises tonight were pushing the panic button in December. The Ellsworth Era is going to be great, and a lot of people who don’t deserve to are going to enjoy it. There, I said it. Blame the beer.

Great coach. Great kids. Great season.
                      This post made me go back and look at the posts from December. A lot of posts consisted of something along the lines of "They have bouts of sloppy play, but you can see the talent that is there." You saw some of the same issues in tonight's game that we were concerned of then, such as getting the puck out of the defensive zone. But, really, going back and looking at those posts and seeing what our expectations and impressions were back then makes one extra thankful for being able to watch this team in the National Championship tonight. Outstanding coaching job and outstanding leadership by the seniors and upperclassmen on the team.
                      Norwich '13

Comment

• Great game ... great season ...
                        Congrats to UWSP ... They deserved it!

One complaint ..
                        I don't always pay much attention to all tournament teams... you wouldn't believe how some of them are selected .. but if you are going to pick one at least get it right.

That Tom Aubrun did not make the team is a disgrace!

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                          Great game ... great season ...

One complaint ..
                          I don't always pay much attention to all tournament teams... you wouldn't believe how some of them are selected .. but if you are going to pick one at least get it right.

Completely agree. Seemed like they were playing to the home crowd on that one.
                          Norwich '13

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                            This post made me go back and look at the posts from December. A lot of posts consisted of something along the lines of "They have bouts of sloppy play, but you can see the talent that is there." You saw some of the same issues in tonight's game that we were concerned of then, such as getting the puck out of the defensive zone. But, really, going back and looking at those posts and seeing what our expectations and impressions were back then makes one extra thankful for being able to watch this team in the National Championship tonight. Outstanding coaching job and outstanding leadership by the seniors and upperclassmen on the team.
                            Yeah, my last post was probably too harsh. I’ll admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post

One complaint ..

Agree!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post

One complaint ..

Tommy got robbed, no way around it. Don’t really understand the ncaa with some of these things..

Congrats to Norwich on a great year, Amazing young team who just got a hell of an experience in this year’s NCAA run. UWSP was the better team this round and deserved it but we fought and gave them one hell of a scare, think they thought we were gonna lay down after going down 0-2.

The leagues in for it next year when pretty much our whole squad is back. Thank you Dave and Cam for your leadership roll on this team and all you have done for Norwich.

Comment

Working...
                                X