This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

I want to clarify. I'm not referring to the miners. I'm talking about the radiation burn patients in the hospital.

I'm also not complaining, they're just showing you what these guys went through.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

My wife is watching The Voice while we're move packing. Lip Sync heaven!
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        Yawn. Another $87K.

Today in Stupid Jeopardy Stats, James has heard 212 consecutive clues without buzzing in with an incorrect response. That's more than three full games' worth.
        He seemed to be taking breaks once they got to the top of the board. A couple sports related ones he had no reason not to get, especially with his buzzer game. Can't say I blame him when he's taping five shows over two days. (or is it five a day for two days?)
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          I want to clarify. I'm not referring to the miners. I'm talking about the radiation burn patients in the hospital.

I'm also not complaining, they're just showing you what these guys went through.
          I didn’t expect the graphic hospital scene or all the miner wang

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Arthur featured a gay wedding. Alabama censored the episode.
            Stop it. That’s a joke right?
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Nope. They didn't show the episode.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Afraid not

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  No, no it’s not.
                  Gay wedding is offensive, pregnancy by incest is not

Comment

I think they should make a character have an abortion next.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      He seemed to be taking breaks once they got to the top of the board. A couple sports related ones he had no reason not to get, especially with his buzzer game. Can't say I blame him when he's taping five shows over two days. (or is it five a day for two days?)
                      IIRC it's five a day.

Cut, Alex and returning champ go backstage and change clothes, green room pulls up two more victims contestants from the contestant pool, places everyone, roll 'em.

IIRC Ken mentioned the fatigue definitely sets in after a while - you could tell there was a part of him that said "that's enough, call it a run" on that last episode.

Question now is if he makes it to the end of the season (airdate July-ish) knowing what we know now about Alex - there are stories of him doubled over in pain between tapings.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

IIRC it's five a day.

Cut, Alex and returning champ go backstage and change clothes, green room pulls up two more victims contestants from the contestant pool, places everyone, roll 'em.

IIRC Ken mentioned the fatigue definitely sets in after a while - you could tell there was a part of him that said "that's enough, call it a run" on that last episode.

Question now is if he makes it to the end of the season (airdate July-ish) knowing what we know now about Alex - there are stories of him doubled over in pain between tapings.
                        I believe it. Back when I was playing online poker, there were tourneys that lasted 10+ hours easy, and I was exhausted afterwards. I can't imagine live tapings and such at that level.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          I believe it. Back when I was playing online poker, there were tourneys that lasted 10+ hours easy, and I was exhausted afterwards. I can't imagine live tapings and such at that level.
                          I've been on my feet for a full day at pinball tournaments (I often come way early to enjoy lunch/dinner/a few adult beverages and warm up or put in some time on a machine I'm not familiar with.) I was hurting the next day.

I'm going here this weekend. I'm entering the main tournament and the classics tournament, and doing a bunch of other stuff such as the pinball haunted house (yes, that's a thing and it's awesome.) I anticipate deep hurting.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            My wife is watching The Voice while we're move packing. Lip Sync heaven!
                            This is too stupid for words.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              I’ve done the same playing Magic: The Gathering. Playing for 8+ hours can be exhausting mentally.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

IIRC it's five a day.

Yeah, there's maybe 10-15 minutes between episodes when taping, just enough time to select two new contestants, get their makeup touched up, and allow the defending champion to change clothes. Little time for the winner to reflect on the fact they won. That makes repeat champions all the more impressive, since after winning the first one your nerves can be shot and their might be a slight sense of easing up, so it's easier for one of the new contestants to have the edge that way. Also, most weeks they tape on Tuesday and Wednesday, so a span of 10 episodes can be taped in two days.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X